Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2006, 07:07 AM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

I wonder if we could all get our fellow Ironworkers and go to a single realm that all of us play in. It would have to be new so it could be like Horde IW vs Alliance IW. Post what you think of this idea, but it would be very interesting.. and perhaps form the IW guild.

Maybe a PvP or a Normal game. It would be something 'original'.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

We have tried that on Kirin Tor (RP). Unfortunately it didn't do so well. Problem is
(1) Time difference, while it may be night time in US it is morning over here and vice versa. So it's very hard to meet each other and play together.
(2) Different playing time, Due to real life commitments. Some play only on weekends, some play only at late night, while some play in evening. So kinda hard to meet each other without disrupting or having to rescheduling our daily routines.
(3) People have already established their characters on other servers. These characters may be ultra rich and filled with epics . So it's kinda hard to start a brand new character with on another server. And trying to accumulate the former wealth that you had.
(4)Also, on that server people have real life friends and guild mates that play together with them. So it's kinda hard to make some sort of commitment on another server where you barely know anybody.

Thread where the Kirin Tor thing is no more.
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=32;t=000267

[ 01-10-2006, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Aww lol i was just wondering anyways.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

As an alternative, 4 or 5 of us play on Dalaran server -- for some it's an alt server, for me it's my main. If you are just starting up it's not such a bad place, though we have had queue waits for about 2 months now. I'd love to see anyone from IWF who wanted to pop over. Promise I'll be nice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-16-2006, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 01-17-2006, 02:05 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

When they have character moving services, you should all come to Argent Dawn! Its awesome. The people are great, you can find amazing people to team with, and the queues are rare (in a year, I've run into it maybe 5 times or so)

You can join our guild, Night Reign if ya want, or we can make a new IW named one.

We use Teamspeak, so we can all talk to each other on headsets. Much easier when going on raids.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Ziroc you play Alliance don't you?
Old 01-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Yes he does, I've played there a bit. The people there really roleplay. It was a nice experience.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Ack! First, can't take the Alliance side -- sorry guys. Second, as I've said before, can't understand how one would roleplay in WOW. WoW is more like a tabletop miniatures game.

I mean it's like

"Hark, party members, some prophecy told me I can obtain a magnificent weapon if I explore the evils of Shadowfang Keep"

vs. "Hey, let's do SFK I wanna gank Odo."

If I do Roleplay, it's at a table, looking you in the face. WoW is a top-down virtual reality miniatures game as far as I can tell. It's too much about targeting loot to be RP.

But, I certainly respect those who can be bothered to roleplay on WoW, it must be difficult.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It is difficult and I agree it is almost pointless to do so. I am on an RP server too and I like to see it going on but really I haven't the time to spare when I am playing. If you really want to RP you have to be simply standing around somewhere with people and doing a crapload of typing and emoting. There is no more to it than that.

The people on RP do tend to be nicer but all RP servers have queues atm, and are always maxxed out in capacity.

I have attended a few RP events on my server and while they're nice and all, sadly the game just wasn't designed for it. What MMO's are though? Rping isn't implimented in a way that allows you to progress with the game the more you RP. In truth it is only a passtime.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:14 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well in beta I was horde, and there was this troll I became friend with, and he talked in character. I also started talking in character while I was around him and it was fun, we played a lot together.

But then beta ended, we exchanged emails so that we could keep in touch, but when I got retail and tried to get in touch he was depressed or something. You'd think I had just killed his dog the way he was avoiding me, so I just blocked him.

I had fun while it lasted, but I don't think I could keep in character all the time. Like Timber said there is just way too much imersion breaking stuff in wow.