Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2003, 01:35 AM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

ALL,
I've gotten board with RPGs, and decided to go back to a stick game.
However, under winxp MW4 does not want to play.

ALL DRIVERS ARE GOOD!!!!

I run radeon, 1074x768 by 100Hz, on a 19" CRT. Evertything is goochie.
Load MW4, and it wants 800x600 16, by 85. Ok, I let it go. It loads into black screen, then faults to desktop.
I force it to match video card, and it, goes black, and faults to desk top.

All of the hardware is the same, it worked fine as I recall from winME.

Suggestions and fixes are welcomed.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:24 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well you can use the Program Compatibilyt Wizard Win XP has...

Start Menu-> Programs-> Accessories-> System Blahblah-> Program Compatibility Wiz...

well that's the only good advice I can give you...
Old 03-02-2003, 06:07 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Is MW4 compatible with winxp? It is isnīt it? You could check your directx. Run dxdiag and check if direct3d and directdraw is working. It could be those radeon drivers.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:49 PM   #4
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Could just be that winXp sucks [img]tongue.gif[/img] THe other problem could be your video card. If you just have the bare bones "radeon" card MW4 will never run. Older cards like that dont have the juice to run such a graphicly intesive game.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:53 PM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Is MW4 compatible with winxp? It is isnīt it? You could check your directx. Run dxdiag and check if direct3d and directdraw is working. It could be those radeon drivers.
Willow, ya da bomb.
In my testing of DirectX, I found there was a key stuck on my keyboard. It's one of those super boards with like 145 keys, shortkeys, and mainly control keys. The stick key was actually sticking down, which would cause a 3d fault, due to it telling the OS to not process 3d game.

Problem Fixed

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:59 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

lol Willow da bomb I like dat [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2003, 12:25 AM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
Could just be that winXp sucks [img]tongue.gif[/img] THe other problem could be your video card. If you just have the bare bones "radeon" card MW4 will never run. Older cards like that dont have the juice to run such a graphicly intesive game.
WinXP Suck?? Me tinks not. Been running for a few months. No crashes, no lock-ups, and only 1 momentary halt. A restart, and back up and running in 38 secs. A much better track record than any of the previous OSs.

Video Card. Yea'll ok. So a 5 month old Radeon 9700 is outdated? Now I thought it was good to at least the Summer 04. Shucks, guess I'll have to revisit that area.

Actually it was my keyboard. I have a 'everything' board. 148 keys total, etc. When I was testing direct x, I found that the joystick key was actually sticking, so it was processing one thing, while the game was trying to process another.

Thanks for all of the help.

Problem Fixed.

Felix

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 03-03-2003, 06:22 AM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
Willow, ya da bomb.
In my testing of DirectX, I found there was a key stuck on my keyboard. It's one of those super boards with like 145 keys, shortkeys, and mainly control keys. The stick key was actually sticking down, which would cause a 3d fault, due to it telling the OS to not process 3d game.

Problem Fixed

Felix
LOL the wonders of high tech. Glad it worked out. Personaly I remove all the keys from my keyboard that I donīt need (power, shut down etc).

Willow da bomb. Not sure if I like that one. LOL!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:04 AM   #9
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Video Card. Yea'll ok. So a 5 month old Radeon 9700 is outdated? Now I thought it was good to at least the Summer 04. Shucks, guess I'll have to revisit that area.
DOH!! My mistake, a 9700 is fine for MW4. From your first post I got the impresion that you were running the original "Radeon" card which is similar to the Nvidia TNT cards. If you play in multi player and want to play together I can ususaly be found on "Eli's fun server" under the handle "Green dragon".