Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2002, 10:51 PM   #71
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
I would actually have to say that Laraque is one of the more versatile tough guys out there. I've seen him score and be smart with the puck, which is more than I can say about some, like Brashear or Berube. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Heh, remember that incident with Domi and the fan that was trash talking him last year when he was in the penalty box? The fan went right through the glass and into the box with Domi. How many stitches did that guy get?
Old 11-15-2002, 10:54 PM   #72
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Heh, remember that incident with Domi and the fan that was trash talking him last year when he was in the penalty box? The fan went right through the glass and into the box with Domi. How many stitches did that guy get?
Whoops, that was a mistake. What was that guy thinking? Was it something like: "Hey, look, it's Tie Domi. I've never seen him fight before. I think I'll pick a fight with him."
Old 11-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #73
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Like that guy who was mocking Darcy Tucker in New York, in the first round last year. That was funny, Tucker was toying with him. The best was Gilmour though, smashing the glass then sitting down like nothing happened.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:16 PM   #74
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Starshadow:
quote:
Whoops, that was a mistake. What was that guy thinking? Was it something like: "Hey, look, it's Tie Domi. I've never seen him fight before. I think I'll pick a fight with him."[/QUOTE]He didn't actually pick a fight with Domi, the linesman came into the box to get the guy out and the fan took a swing at him. Domi pretty much said he was fair game at that point and started feeding him. I think it was something like 9 or 10 stitches!
Old 11-15-2002, 11:53 PM   #75
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

[/QUOTE]I guess it goes to prove that with enough money you can buy a decent hockey team.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Yeah.Look at the way they waited until Modano was a star before luring him in with big money. When will the Stars learn that they need to develop their own players; just like the Wings and Rangers do.
>
>
>
>
The preceding message was brought to you by SARCASM IN A CAN. For the finest in sarcasm make sure it's canned.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:55 PM   #76
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
I guess it goes to prove that with enough money you can buy a decent hockey team.[/QUOTE]
Yeah.Look at the way they waited until Modano was a star before luring him in with big money. When will the Stars learn that they need to develop their own players; just like the Wings and Rangers do.
>
>
>
>
The preceding message was brought to you by SARCASM IN A CAN. For the finest in sarcasm make sure it's canned. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I agree with you to a point, but the Wings are the biggest offenders! Look what they spent last year!
Old 11-15-2002, 11:56 PM   #77
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
I guess it goes to prove that with enough money you can buy a decent hockey team.[/QUOTE]Yeah.Look at the way they waited until Modano was a star before luring him in with big money. When will the Stars learn that they need to develop their own players; just like the Wings and Rangers do.
>
>
>
>
The preceding message was brought to you by SARCASM IN A CAN. For the finest in sarcasm make sure it's canned.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you to a point, but the Wings are the biggest offenders! Look what they spent last year! Okay, kinda missed the sarcasm on that one, nevermind, I'll be okay.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Old 11-15-2002, 11:59 PM   #78
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

LOL!!

Dallas isnt buying the cup. Most of there superstars are home grown. Jere Leithnen, Modano, Turco, Morrow, the only 2 that arent are Arnott and Gurien, and Arnott they gave up 2 superstars to have. Ok, ok, maybe Lagenbrunner wasnt a superstar, but he was good.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 11-16-2002, 01:44 AM   #79
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Quote:
I agree with you to a point, but the Wings are the biggest offenders! Look what they spent last year!
Hey, the Wings are full of how grown talent. McCarty, Fischer, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Bykov, etc. (and let us not forget Stevie Y!)... these guys all came from the Wings scouting system and farm teams. They've just added quality talent to these guys.
Old 11-16-2002, 03:07 AM   #80
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Starshadow:
quote:
Hey, the Wings are full of how grown talent. McCarty, Fischer, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Bykov, etc. (and let us not forget Stevie Y!)... these guys all came from the Wings scouting system and farm teams. They've just added quality talent to these guys.[/QUOTE]Dont try and dodge it

They tried, and did, buy the cup. But its not that simple, as Timber Loftis pointed out, hockey is such a game of chemistry. You cant just spend money and expect to have the Stanley Cup floating in your hands. The chemisty has to be there. It was for the wings.

Of course you have a point, alot of the wings players were brought in by Detorits scoting team. Yzerman, Fedorov, Fisher, Zetterberg and so on.

But just about every team to win the stanley cup ads an addition or two to their team in the off season before they win the cup. Just take Dallas and This year for example.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge