Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 08:46 AM   #41
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Posted by Cloudlet :
I came aboard the blue board back in January of 2001, about 10 months ago. The new board came into being in March. I did have over 1000 posts (if memory serves me correctly) when this board began and we all started fresh.
LOL - looks like I am older (in board months) than Cloudlet, Memsy, and Saz. I tried to figure out when I started back in the blue board days. I can't get the exact date but I know it is sometime in September 2000. Having formatted my HDD in December, I can't go by me email from Ziroc. I did try searching the W&W archives for my earliest post, but the early stuff (before about November 9) isn't there.

I remember having about 400 posts up in the W&W section before the change to the Brown board - that was when I discovered GD . Since then I have met both Mouse and Donut - a pair of likeable rogues if ever there were - even if they do both try and force feed one a pint of FOSTERS . I remember several great nights in the Moon's Hope Inn, the "invasion of team BG" ( I wrote a witty poem about goingto St Ives ), the loss of the Inn, but the one thing I don't remember very well is the F*** thread. Now c'mon Moni and Mouse - I know you both have it, and you both have my email address - how's about posting that thing . I guess Donut would probably enjoy reminiscing on those good ole days, beacuse they were all before Steve Waugh's boyz went over there and kicked some serious butt .

I made a lot of email friends through W&W - the ones most notable to the GD crowd would be Saz, Adam Warlock, Scronan, Moni (a member of Sultan Davr's harem ), Wyvern, and Skywalker. Most of us are sweating on getting copies of Wiz 8 so that we can once again trade help and tips and the like to each other.

Three cheers to the forum (and Chocolate for making it all possible ). Now time to play catch the blinky eye with the mouse arrow)

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Old 10-15-2001, 09:52 AM   #42
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Ok, on the main IW page, it says online since 1994. Is there anyone here who has been around since then? (Besides Ziroc, duh!) Who, of the currently posting members, has been around the longest? When did it switch from the "blue board" to teh current brown? When did Cloudy join? Soes she actually have more than 6K posts, because memberships were cancelled? has Ziroc always been teh webmaster? Have Saz, Ertai, Memy, and Wyvern always been the mods? Is www.tgeweb.com Ziroc's site as well?

Just Curious George, I guess. I'll think of some more questions later.

I joined in Dec 2001 (that's when I brought the Wizards & Warriors game) as Adam Mage.
let me think... it was switched over within a couple of months but Ziroc was having server problems.
Cloudy was here long before I did Moni, Azurewolf, Alicat, and some others, whose names I can't spell but now changed in the brown room, was here
heh I even kept the hint papers from the blue room...
I remember meeting Saz and Wyvern at the W&W forum, Mem and Ziroc at the GD, I heard of Ertai but we never replied to each other.

good times and still is

------------------

HEY! get away from my homepage!!
The Host of Sigs
Old 10-15-2001, 09:56 AM   #43
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I'm one the newer members here at IW, I've only been here since April 2001, I've loved it ever since my first post, all of the people here are wonderful people, nice, caring, considerate and friendly, I started over in the BG2 forum with a few questions because I was stuck, I also started answering a few questions, then I entered the BG2 Bar, the first roleplaying thread I ever visited, there I met Melusine, Lord Shield, Blademaster and other oldies, after a short while, I migrated to the General Discussions forum, though I still visit the BG2 forum sometimes in order to keep the Bar alive and help people who are stuck, here on the GD, I met even MORE nice people, then I knew I'd found a place to call home on the web, I started out slowly, reading much, but posting little, but now I post much more and I'm far more open, much different from the RL me who's the guy who sits in the corner, listening to everything that's said while reading a book and thinking about things, here, I rant, I shout, I act crazy, I love this place, I've never met kinder, friendlier or more considerate people anywhere, both on the web and in RL.

heh did you remember the name problem at the W&W forum when you first came arrived?
I kept calling you Ned...
and you always replied
"Neb N-E-B Neb!"

heh I even remember with thread it was in....

------------------

HEY! get away from my homepage!!
The Host of Sigs
Old 10-15-2001, 09:57 AM   #44
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:

I kept calling you Ned...

And you still do, sometimes.

Old 10-15-2001, 10:26 AM   #45
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

sigh, ahhh the old times. i was called Zoratorak then...

as i recall, im just a little younger than Memnoch (not his other name, that was even older) when he joined. . i was just lurkin then, then enjoyed all those remarks and banters on bg1. then when bg2 started and i also started to post. the very first proud achivement i did for the forum was the war against bagger (and of course i had help from Memnoch, Armisel (where is he anyway?), Yorick and a few others. i was here way before when cloudy, yorick, moraine, melusine and others and one of the first people in the new board (although i cant seem to access my old character anymore so i made a new one). i cant seem to recall much anymore but i do recall i was one of the top then rank posters back then but that was a llllloooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time ago. wonder if anyone remembers me back then.. ???

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-15-2001, 11:16 AM   #46
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I hadn't realised that Memnoch had only joined the board the month before me, if I'd known I wouldn't have shown him the respect that I did . Of course I have lost all respect for him in the ensuing 10 months.
ROFL!! I can't help it that the England cricketers are so crap, Donut. And the Lions. And the swimming team. And Tim Henman. And the footballers...hmm, better wait till we qualify before I shoot my mouth off here.

------------------
Old 10-15-2001, 02:51 PM   #47
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I'm certainly not an ancient (well at least not in Giant Redwood years ), but it was the Darkstone board that lured me here. Few people now remember Ziroc once had a passion for it and still drops in from time to time to check out the dusty corridors and the few remaining fanatics like me. For any that are interested here is an interesting message from the Great One (check out the date )

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 03:24 PM   #48
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Can't find the post but whoever said they were the longest lurker i think i have you beet. I was luring around (although never joined) sence the blue board when it only had BG and ToTSC. I remember reading thoes posts and LMAO at some of them ex. chalies shop of sh**.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 10-15-2001, 04:11 PM   #49
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

I just went back and searched out some of my older posts. Looks like I started posting in september 2000. While I was there I found a great post by Larry that said something like "Am I the only American on this forum? That's ok, the english you all speak is wonderful..." hehehe
Yeah it was pretty quiet back then, not a lot of members.
One other thing, does anybody know what happened to Adhrael? Rikard maybe? Just curious.

Prime
Old 10-15-2001, 04:15 PM   #50
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime2U:
I just went back and searched out some of my older posts. Looks like I started posting in september 2000. While I was there I found a great post by Larry that said something like "Am I the only American on this forum? That's ok, the english you all speak is wonderful..." hehehe
Yeah it was pretty quiet back then, not a lot of members.
One other thing, does anybody know what happened to Adhrael? Rikard maybe? Just curious.

Prime
Rikard????

Rikard's still here, Prime2U! Take a look at the OHF clan threads. He's definitely around.

------------------