Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 12:42 PM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
HOO-RAH! 7+ years in the military, all branches of the army - reserves, gaurd, active duty, reserves, gaurd, in that order. I was a seargent(E-5) THREE different times before i finally got out completely when i was offered the teaching position in my department at Montana State University in fall of '89. My years of active duty were 85-87 in Germany, I was there when Reagan bombed Libya for the Berlin discotheque bombing, and when Chernobyl blew up on it's own. My little sister is a Major in the army now, Intelligence branch. She has been pretty mum about things, and very busy lately, as you might guess. When we spoke last night, she mentioned that, according to the people she spoke with in D.C. since the war began, that the terrorists succeeded in less than half of the actions that they had planned, and there is growing group of people who are "unofficial guests" of various intelligence agencies that the news networks know nothing about, and to whom civil liberties DO NOT APPLY.
Unfortunately, chemical interrogation is the only kind done these days, but if no one knows where you are, they can't ask about you, can they? I hope that they suffer greatly before they are disposed of. Yes, the news has told of the group with delta id and uniforms, but the standard security measured in place did stop more than half of the planned hijackings tuesday morning. It was those individuals who were scooped up by 'agencies' and disapppeared, and from whom we can expect our best, earliest intell. I will pass on other things that i can , when i can, but for those of us here in the states, it is small comfort that it was 4 planes taken, instead of the planned 10.

Wow. That's incredible news if it's true (no offence . 10 aircraft, eh? That would've been catastrophic if they had succeeded.

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 12:58 PM   #22
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

I trust my sister not to feed me bovine byproduct, and I guess she thought her source credible enough to pass it on. She is very good at leaving out specifics, and what i wrote was literally our entire conversation about the subject, I have been unsuccessfull at prying any extra details out of her since she was in Haiti when Clinton made that mess and sent UNARMED troops into hostile territory. The scary part was that she was originally scheduled to fly up to D.C. for her D.I.A. (defense intelligence agency) school early this week, but recieved a hold on her travel orders 24 hrs before her flight monday.
I will pass on anything I can, but you can always expect it to be starved for specifics, know what I mean? Good chattin' with you again, Memny, now that fall is here and snow is on the way, I will actually be able to be around more again - HEY! maybe I'll even get a chance to play my ToB game that i bought back in early June! YEA for me.

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To
Old 09-15-2001, 01:17 PM   #23
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
Good chattin' with you again, Memny, now that fall is here and snow is on the way, I will actually be able to be around more again - HEY! maybe I'll even get a chance to play my ToB game that i bought back in early June! YEA for me.

Yes, gladhomeagain, you have been missed.

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 11:46 PM   #24
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

bumpity

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 11:54 PM   #25
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Getting ready to join the Coast Guard. In about two weeks, if all goes well.
When I called, I was told to call again in 2 weeks. Something about the current recruiter being a @#$%@# and he would be gone soon. I definately want to stay stateside, though. Plus, if this all pans out, I'll still get to take down drug dealers!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-15-2001, 11:56 PM   #26
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Getting ready to join the Coast Guard. In about two weeks, if all goes well.
When I called, I was told to call again in 2 weeks. Something about the current recruiter being a @#$%@# and he would be gone soon. I definately want to stay stateside, though. Plus, if this all pans out, I'll still get to take down drug dealers!

Wow, Liliara! Congrats and best wishes to you! The Coast Guard is a noble branch of our line of defense. Let us know how it goes.

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 11:57 PM   #27
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

oops, bumped the wrong one... going cross-eyed with all the news coverage

------------------

To Err is Human, To Forgive Divine; However,Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 09-16-2001, 12:04 AM   #28
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

JJ, I know what you mean about your sister being "closemouthed" about info. My dads the same way. I didnt even know he was in the CIA until he retired when I was 15. The family cover story was State Department lol. But thanks for posting what you did
Old 09-16-2001, 12:15 AM   #29
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I actually forgot to mention that she was "retired" from the intelligence community, and was actually an information/public affairs officer, returned to stateside duty for school(probably put off with re-assignment to DC, just my guess).
_Isn't it frustrating when your own blood won't tell you the juicy details? Drives me nuts, although I would never give my LITTLE sister the satisfaction of knowing. I just wondered whatever happened to the blabbermouth that used to tell mom everything, and could not keep my birthday presents secret! lolol

they belled the cat, now ask not for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for those about to be very dead camel kissing ragheads.

------------------

To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy. Nuke'm til the damn camels glow.
Old 09-16-2001, 12:22 AM   #30
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Wow, Liliara! Congrats and best wishes to you! The Coast Guard is a noble branch of our line of defense. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Saz!!!

I definately will!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)