Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 06:31 PM   #31
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I like the font and colour and sigs.

>
>
>
Plus everyone's real nice,well mannered, and well spoken...
Old 06-15-2001, 06:33 PM   #32
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

Yeh me too!!!!!!!
I enjoy making sigs!!!!!
I recently downloaded a gif burner
called ignite!!!!!!
I recommend it!!!!
Any other suggestions!!!

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 06:38 PM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I came to Ironworks for help and a walkthrough in Icewind Dale. Didn't check out the forums for a while and when I did it was to lurk. That didn't last long and I think the first thread I posted to was about the pc, Anomen. Ladyzekke was the first to address, me I believe. And that encouraged me to post a few more times.

I stayed because Choc forced me to. He sent a letter, smeared with Fancy Feast, that said if I dared leave he'd make me regret it. He told me he'd express mail me all his used toys. *shudder* Ugh! I had nightmarish visions of mounds of half chewed, catspit covered plush mice appearing in my living room! It was HORRIBLE! So here I am, still on the forums trying not to think of catnip covered cat toys filling my house!

Ahem, ok, ok! I stayed because I felt welcome. I stayed because some good people talked to me, helped with my game, conversed on a basic (yes, SPAM!) level and I felt part of the community. It was common to see posts asking how one was doing after a bad week at the office or if so-and-so finished his 2nd chapter quests since he'd been busy with a new puppy. When Armisael, BK and Memsy all started posting to me, I found myself actively participating in more of the threads in the forum. Soon I was a regular contributor.

I knew I was "home" the day Z posted to me that I should keep spamming! No question but I love the Ironworks! Ziroc has done a wonderful job putting the whole site together and I'm especially fond of the forums. Of course we all know that GD is my fav of those but I'm branching out. I was right here testing the new board as soon as Z opened it to the members! I thought our fearless, tireless Webmaster Supremo was going to chuck me out on my ear, I asked so many questions and made so many suggestions!! But instead, imagine my surprise when a missing smiley was replaced and he named it for me!

In the last 6 months I've met lots of interesting people from all over the globe, made new friends, had fascinating discussions, exchanged ideas, learned tips on playing my games and found out more about myself. I am seeing some positive effects from us all Welcoming new members lately and that makes me feel purrrrty darn good! Yes, this has been a very special place for me and I plan to stick around for a while!

Cloudbringer

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 07:57 PM   #34
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
Now, Ramon, it IS a woman's prerogative to change her mind on a frequent basis just to keep men off balance... so they don't take us for granted ya know!

And yes, at least *I* am not the one feeling used!

Glad to see that you are able to joke at your situation !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-15-2001, 08:31 PM   #35
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
And I met you here Rude Dawg! (And no - we are not having a torrid cyber affair!)

Originally posted by RudeDawg:
We're not ?!?!?!

I feel so used....

Muttly, when did I ever use you

Of course if actually want to be used

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-15-2001, 10:17 PM   #36
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:

AAAAAWWWWW YEAH !!!!

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 11:23 PM   #37
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
AAAAAWWWWW YEAH !!!!

Hmmmmm ... now just how does one use a dog?

Well, you could be my best friend, keep me safe from burglars, bring me my paper in the mornings and shed your hair all over my bed

Oh, and you could always lick my feet

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk

[This message has been edited by kiwidoc (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 11:55 PM   #38
Tananda
Elminster

I came to IronWorks last autumn searching something about BG games. And discovered SO beautiful forum! Nice people with brilliant sense of humor always helpful, kind and so interesting in their posts - that's why I began to visit the forum again and again reading all of your lovely posts But I never dared to post until this May
Thanks to all of you - because of you this place is so special

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Old 06-16-2001, 12:00 AM   #39
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tananda:
I came to IronWorks last autumn searching something about BG games. And discovered SO beautiful forum! Nice people with brilliant sense of humor always helpful, kind and so interesting in their posts - that's why I began to visit the forum again and again reading all of your lovely posts But I never dared to post until this May
Thanks to all of you - because of you this place is so special
Hello Tanada!! Welcome!! I noticed that you are from the Ukraine!! I am half Ukrainian Jew.. of all things.. nice to see you here!! Very few of us around!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-16-2001, 12:35 AM   #40
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Welcome Tananda !

You had been lurking from last fall until May ? Wow, that is a long time ! I am glad you finally decided to "dare the jump" .

Happy gaming and posting to you !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !