Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 01:54 PM   #1
Taliesin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can anyone suggest spells to damage the Adamanite Golems and Rakasha as they are proving a bit troublesome.
Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 02:38 PM   #2
PeeWee
Manshoon

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/bald...ipsbyyou.shtml

That url should give you player tips. Read what Avar and Don have to say. There are basically two nice range weapons to acquire that should help in your dispatching of the golems. Both require no ammo.

From what has been read, these golems are in areas they can't get out of so ranged weapons help....especially the ones with big modifiers on them.

In this forum, it has been posted that you can sell certain items and buy them back to sell again to increase your gold. So there is a way to have a substantial amount of money to buy all the nice items not too long into the game.

G'luck and have fun. Oh, and if you make it far where Jah will leave for the harper quest.... stick with it since a really nice item is in store for her later on.
Old 01-26-2002, 02:49 PM   #3
chevalier mal fet
Dungeon Master

Well, the whole thing about golems is that they just kind of shrug off magic. Most golems can be pretty much whittled down to size by by just hacking at them with enough high plus weapons, though some only respond to high plus blunts. Adamantites and clays seem to be the toughest of the lot because only high plus blunt weapons work.

So in lieu of figuring out some strategy for applying as mant effective weopons to them as you can without them killing your party in the process, there are two golem killing weopons in the game. One of which is Crom Fayr, that has one shot golem hit kill probability. But if youre like me , and dont relish losing your girdle of frost giant strength and your gauntlets of ogre power...while your in the underdark, you really have to save up and pick up the "rod of smiting". Just give this baby to your most durable tank, and let him go in whacking the golems. They have to save vs death every hit. A strong pc can go thru hordes of golems quickly iwth this baby.
chevalier mal fet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 08:32 PM   #4
Taliesin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Guys,
got through the Golems with persistance and a Rod of Smiting, only to find a Stinking great Black Dragon!!!! I suspect there is a way to avoid a fight with him but where is the fun in that? Any tips?
Old 01-27-2002, 08:44 PM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

WELCOME TO IW TALIESIN [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

And the black dragon outside of Suldanessellar, You CAN avoid the fight, though you have to give the Black Dragon ALL OF YOU MONEY AND EQUIPMENT... so it is possible to just chuck all your stuff on the ground, though unless u have lots of money the Dragon Sez its not worth it and attacks u anyway.... which is bad if u have no equipment, obviously.

But u HAVE to confront Nizid'yimanti to finish the game.... If u have a Theif as ur character u CAN turn invisible and then try to pickpocket her, then run like hell when uve pickpocketed her... though no NPC will ever pickpocket a dragon 4 me.... the sissy's...... or u can try to turn her into dragon Sushi.... though personally I find her the hardest fight in SoA (Others dont of course) but if u do fight her keep AWAY from the plant growth, as if u get caught in it the Bugz she summons will tear u apart and other from that Tanking her has worked multiple times for me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 08:59 PM   #6
Taliesin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What a friendly bunch you lot are!
Found out about the plant growth and bugs, tried full frontal tactics again just to make sure but to no avail. Also tried a bunch of elementals but ended up fighting them also. Im gonna enjoy this fight!
I think I my party may be a few levels shy to make it easy.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:06 PM   #7
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

..... neway what I do is try to get Nizid'yimanti to come out of her plant growth and then ambush here by having the rest of my party invisible, then when she stonskins and starts attacking 1 of my tanks they r already hacking away, she usually doesnt Wing Buffet much which is fun [img]smile.gif[/img] and I get the mages to Lower Resistance her and then help blast her [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 09:16 PM   #8
Izanagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Keep in mind, dragons can see invisible creatures. That doesn't mean equiping the cloak of non-detection will help you in the slightest, as the point again is they can "SEE" through the invisibility.

Hoping you'll take this into consideration when planning tactics. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Izanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 09:20 PM   #9
Mellagar

Summoning elementals and casting improved ac defense and speed help alot. Send them in to burn up the dragons spells, then go in for the kill with tanks and lower resistance spells from your mages. Then later have your picture taken standing next to the dead dragon, with a big smile on your face.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:45 PM   #10
chevalier mal fet
Dungeon Master

Sometimes its tough to remind yourself...."hey...I dont have to run in hacking to that area of angry poisionous plant tendrils..." You get so conditioned to just running in a hacking the stuffing out of everything in site, that you forget you can just stay put,let the dragon sit in her little zone of death and hurting, pouting cuz your not sending anything but little summoned creatures into her but one at a time, just to keep her mildly occupied, while you pelt her with distance attacks and the aforementioned cloudkill(though she can turn theses summoned creatures against you...either that or they just get mad at you cuz your sending them into a cloudkill zone...but you can handle them). Eventually, shell come out to get you, but from my experience, she doesnt do that nasty plant thing again. If youve gotten her down to about "injured" status, by the time she moves out, applying a full party beat down now with hastened fighters should do the job the rest of the way. Shes really not that tough. Not as tough as the other dragons, or even a pack of mind-flayers. Id take this dragon over a 5 pack of illithids and some umber hulks any day.
chevalier mal fet is offline   Reply With Quote