Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2003, 12:05 AM   #1
the mighty stamar

Hey I found the axe of satan and I have 2 guys that are paladins but neither can use it?

What is the class that can use axe of satan? And how do you check what an items class restrictions are?
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:11 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

First off, cool! I don't think I've seen the axe of satan before. [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

One question... do your paladins have the Axe skill? Without it, they can't equip one.

Let us know, and we'll see where we get to.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:19 AM   #3
the mighty stamar

It is a large 2 handed axe and it does 7-22 damage and it has paralyze and stone
it is plus 2 enchant... the one that has axe 4 I tried it when he was a ranger and now that hes a paladin also.

It might be race? But how can I figure it out?

also I made a mistake its called the devils axe.

[ 04-21-2003, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
Old 04-21-2003, 09:08 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

hmmmm

Not a weapon I recall seeing and it isn't listed in the "Tome of MisInformation" either.

Where did you find it? in a chest or was it loot from a particular type of monster?

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okay... the Devil's Axe is listed in Radek's post on blessing items, found on page 6 of the Best Tips thread. Radek doesn't list what classes can use it there, so I'll go back to my previous question: Do you have the axe skill at level 1 or better?

And perhaps Radek can shed some light on any issues with this one....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:57 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

How about its strength requirements? Perhaps your paladins are too weak. And can paladins fight with axes? The manual says "they can fight with nearly all weapons". I have no idea since I never use axes.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:57 AM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I had this axe in my first game a long, long time ago. It was before I knew any ins and outs of the game so I used it on my Barbarian (Gourk???) Pig guy. Played with the barbarian class all the way through. There are so few decent axes in the game that in my other games I didn't even bother with them any more. But I was kind of relived when I found this ax, it replaced the cyclopes ax, at least I think so. But Personally I thought the ax was worth it and it may be worth having one person equiped with axes.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 08:53 PM   #8
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I have the axe in my party. I will not be playing the game before tomorrow, so I will let you know then. So far as I recall, though, all warrior-class characters can use it. It is a two-handed weapon though, so you have to have both hand slots free before placing it in the left hand slot.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:29 PM   #9
the mighty stamar

Thanks.

I was having a problem with what I think is a bug.

I used some ankhs to raise my paladins strenght to 16 which is what the axe needs, but it still wouldnt equip it said restricted.

But when I saved and reloaded suddenly I was able to equip the axe. It is cursed unfortunately but stone is a pretty strong ability. Better than any other ability I can think of for a weapon...

It does about the same damage he was doing before with a night blade and a wakisushi +1, but if I find something better Ill have to try to uncurse it.

Im not exactly sure where I got it. 50% chance I got it from the two headed giant in skull island. 50% chance just from a chest somewhere cause I found two big axes. It is definitely one of the top 5 weapons wouldnt you say, looking over the list.

[ 04-21-2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
Old 04-22-2003, 03:41 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

If the axe (or any other item) is "restricted" for a certain character then the character will be NEVER able to use it.
Well, I don't see any reason why your paladins cannot use the axe. Perhaps a PALADIN cannot use a DEVIL Axe. I don't know. My barbarian was able to equip it.
Anyway, the axe is cursed. You'd better sell it rather than try to use it. Or throw it away if you have enough money.