Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 03:40 PM   #11
Dwarf

I've also got a nice set amulet from the second Giant (the one in skull castle) with about +50% to at least three resistances.My cleric's still wearing D'Soto's chainmail (dumped his priests robes 'cause it was better).I also took special care to only ever have one of my characters talk to any of the gaurdians of the Mavin because Guild Quests are character based.I theorised that the Mavin quests might be character based like guild quests or Party Bassed like Town Hall quests, it's nice for the NPC's to have a scapegoat in case I mess up
Old 01-11-2001, 03:51 PM   #12
Moni

I just got a Bracelet Pro Poison from that giant...AC +1 & some low percentage protection from poison...thought it might be needed for some other NPC later in the game since it's so purdy but I guess I'll sell it. I have enough magic to cure poison & a +2 to hit bracelet on a character that has doublestrike, 2nd weapon skills & backstabbing seems to be a better choice of jewelry. (On 2nd thought, I had better check out wht my Wizard has equipped Braclet-wise, I may just want to keep it)
: )
Moni
Old 01-12-2001, 09:40 AM   #13
carg
The Magister

Poison protection is very useful I found: my solo character went up against those shabban's evils for the toad quest. Wearing Algamesh's Amulet (50% vs. poison) and the Mavin Signet (25%) them evil mucks couldn't harm him breathing. The last one managed to damage him with a claw, otherwise he would have finished it unscratched! (Yes I chose not to deliver Algamesh's Amulet to Kerielle yet.)
Overconfident he decided it was time to teach those mantraps a lesson: they breath poison too. But alas, two mantraps breathing at the same time did enough damage that he just wasn't able to kill the first before dying. Still it helped a lot.
Anyway: I prefer those bracelets vs. poison, because my characters don't miss often, so those +2 to hit won't do much, but +1 armor and poison protection help.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 10:10 AM   #14
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

carg

hmm, maybe a Lizardman would be good for solo, they have a natural 50% resistance to poison....so with the necklace, they would have 100%.

Take that Mantraps!

scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 11:59 PM   #15
Moni

Hey I found a Bad Axe "The Devil's Axe" 7-22 damage Special Paralyze & Stone with a +2 Enchant BUT IT'S CURSED!
So is The Talon's Fang, a 2nd weapon Dagger that does 4-14 damage, special, Stone with a Hit & Enchant both of +2.
Is there any way to permanently uncurse items like these or were they put in the game just to torture us?

I found a Robinsword~SWEEET!

Got Bloodbeard's Blade & The Imperial Gladuius, but I am assuming these two are standard enemy items from the enemies I got them from.

Have found and am using both the Wizard's Blade & one Tomonari Katana. NICE!

Moni
Old 01-16-2001, 12:16 AM   #16
Moni

LOL Carg!

(Note to self; never shave with weapons that have the ability to turn you to stone!)

I failed to consider that I would not be able to kill a stoned enemy~Duh!
Thanks for the info & the advice!

Moni
Old 01-16-2001, 12:26 AM   #17
Serath
Manshoon

I stoned a couple of the temple guardians in Anephas' temple. I was able to damage them with magic, so I ended up pounding them with Meteor and Flamestrike until they were dead.

Serath
"Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details."
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 12:57 AM   #18
Moni

Ahhh Serath! Perfect solution!

(2nd Note to Self Today!; Turn things to stone & then BLAST 'em!)

I am wondering if I just got up too early today!

Moni
Old 01-16-2001, 05:28 AM   #19
carg
The Magister

Moni, take care with those stoning weapons: don't let your fighters shave with them!
Seriously: once a monster is stoned you can't kill it, so no experience points for you. You have to cast stone-to-flesh on them and kill them anyway.
You can't permanently remove curses from weapons, but I found one cursed item bearable. You regenerate almost as hard as the curse takes, only the text window keeps cluttering up. So you could use Talon's Fang for instance, but be sure to cast all blessings/enchants you want on them before wielding it with someone else.
Old 01-16-2001, 02:12 PM   #20
carg
The Magister

Wow Serath, killing temple guardians with magic only: that takes a lot of mana (esp. on hard)!
I admit I haven't tried to seriously to use magic on stoned opponents; slashing just is a lot faster, even with quickspeeak.