Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

just for fun, im making a super cool fighter, sort of a evil thing. anyway, i want him to be able to cast lightning spells, really quickly, you know how Irenicus can cast really fast in the cut scenes?

The problem is this, how do i cange the casting time of my fighter, and how do i make it so there is a button to cast spells on the interface? I thought of giving him one level in cleric, but then he has all the weapon restrictions that a cleric has. The spells i want are chain lightning, and call lightning, the first is a lvl 3 spell and the latter is a lvl 6. I have made it possible, by adding spell slots in a priest book, and memorised the spells for him, but i am unable to cast the spells.

For the portrait, i have made a cool, anti keldorn thing, just played around with the colours, i think it looks neat, ill post it if you want....

Thanks,
Timothy
Old 12-14-2005, 11:23 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Right click on your interface to change it, at least that how it works in IWD2. Post the pic!
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

embaressingly enough, i have forgottern how to post pictures, other than have a link to it somewhere else that is hosting it. oh well sorry i got your hopes up.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:20 AM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Why not try imageshack? BTW, did you fix your problem with the casting speed? If so, can you post your solution?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:22 AM   #5
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

As for getting a fighter cast spells, I don't know. Armour will interfere. You might be able to make them into innate abilities instead, but I'm not sure how to do that. The quick casting thing comes from 9th level spell Improved Alacrity. I'm not sure how the game deals with it, but the most obvious option would be flags. Get a mage, cast it, save, and see if anything changes in the flag window.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:09 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
A trueclass fighter can't cast spells. You'd have to multi or dual class. The SoA interface can't be changed like IWD2.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:49 PM   #7
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

nah, i haven't dixed the casting problem, i could however make an item, such as cloak that would decrease casting time by 6 or something, such like the robe of vecna does, although IIRC it only does it by 4.

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel

You might be able to make them into innate abilities instead, but I'm not sure how to do that.
By using shadow keeper you can add new innate abilities, although, unfortunately, call lightning and chain lightning comes under the preiest section, no the innate abilities sections,so it is impossible to make an innate ability from either of these two spells.
I say impossible in reagrd to it being impossible for me to figure out how to make it possible to change it to a innate ability.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:49 AM   #8
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Then I guess the easiest way would be to make him a fighter/mage/priest multiclass.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #9
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

that would give me the weapon restrictions of a preiest and a mage.... is there any way to change the files around so that chain lightning and call lightning can be added in shadow keeper as an innate ability, instead as a priest spell?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:11 PM   #10
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

I know i was the last person to comment on this topic, and im not suppost to re-post, but, would it work if i made the charicter a lvl 1 paladin, then dualed over to a fighter, so the fighter would be the active class, but he would have no weapon restrictions like if he were a cleric fighter. The reason i ask this is that it would allow me to cast priest spells.

I know it isnt a valid dual class, so i would need to make it a shadow keeper dual class.

Would this work, or would i suffer ill effects? such as bugs, or would there be problems by make an iregular dual class?

Thanks,
Timothy