Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2001, 09:47 PM   #11
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Sageridder, I never thought of that at all (Lack of imagination probably or surely, depends on POV ). I 'll check it the next time, I 'll play the game (and a million other small or big things!). I have four games installed on my system and I want to finish at least one other before restarting this one. (Ohh well, another 10 day gaming marathon )

Mortal (Aris)

[This message has been edited by Mortal (edited 04-03-2001).]
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 06:07 AM   #12
Radek
Red Dragon

1. I would like to emphasize one fact - perhaps a known one. Whenever you level up, you can train in ALL guilds you are a member currently. For example, you can increase your INT in the Wizard Guild, your STR in the Warrior guild and your SPI in the Temple whenever you level up. I created a superhuman in Valeia: Warrior -> Samurai (Wizard Guild, cancelled) -> Barbarian (finished for later use, lvl 4) -> Paladin (Temple, cancelled) -> Ranger (lvl 9) -> Paladin (lvl 9). Stats: 20 14 14 10 20 16 16 14, skills: sword 7, bow 7, vinectaft 8, spiritcraft 7, sorcery 6, traps & locks 5, athletics 5, ... spells: cure poison, cure, deadly vapours, whirling dervish, exorcism, ...
2. Another fact to emphasize (and perhaps another known one) is the solution of the Ranger problem. Ranger cannot join any additional guild even if he is a priest in some sense (vinecraft). Well, join the Temple via Paladin first. The Temple will teach the Ranger vinecraft even if it should not.
3. Every character should have INT 20 (training in the Wizard Guild) because he gets 5 skill points with INT 20 whenever he levels up. Note: he gets 4 skill points/level at INT 16.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:13 PM   #13
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks again (a million) Radek, my Default Mode denies me sometimes the ability to think that hasn't everyone checked excaustively all the small details in the game. Some people see the tree and loose the forest, on the other hand, some see the forest and never realize the small details that define what a forest is. I will add all these in my list and I will post a new one in the the next few days.

Regarding 1: If you use the Merchant Trait, and end up with a decent ammount of gold you can train on everything you wish. (I trained all the trainable skills to their supposedly limits and 1. (19 all) BTW I used a six member team --3 Warriors, 1 Wizard, 1 Rogue, 1 Priest-, and is some cases I changed the classes in a way that my Rogue became Wizzard and my Wizzard became Rogue and so on. I used a lot of Anks found around the Gael Seran (almost a full Character's inventory of them) to build up the Stats to a point where everyone had Minimum Stats at 17-18 and max at 24. As for the weapons I used most of my points and training to raise Sword and 2nd Weapon, to 9-12 values, Sorcery to 8-10, Dagger to 9-12, Enchantments and Blessings to 8 and I blessed Armours and weapons to a level of +6 (Pro Cold/Fire/Mind/Magic 95-100% with a little help from amulets/rings/bracers - Hit +6-+7). All these took a lot of time buying and selling arrows . For me only the Rogues' Leprechaun quest worked, and so I used it to speed up, (mouse fingers almost died ) the development of the four Rogues' members I had, for 2 or 3 levels. Also the Artifacts skill is good if you want to be able to ID the items, but it really works over 7 level (you can ID the majority of items and avoid cursed weapond ). As for the traps&locks/pickpocket go for a 9th level and more. Save and pickpocket a lot!
On 2. I never tried it even though I had a Ranger for a while (Level 11).
On 3. This is fine for sorcery, prowess,galantry and one or two other skills which you can not train in the Guilds.

Mortal (A mind...less Barbarian/Wizzard/Rogue/Priest/Everything & Nothing)

PS: As always grammatical mistakes is a Courtesy of the writer
Old 04-05-2001, 08:56 PM   #14
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

A general tip it is often possible to play spiderman.Many walls a easy to scale one place to comes to mind where this was usefull were the stout mines in the lava area.Don't want to deal with it just walk the wall,you can even turn shoot down at monsters.For me this was used in many areas.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.
..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 04-05-2001).]
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 04:25 AM   #15
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeap! I also used it a lot, (not always succesfully). I hated those hounds! As also I jumped and died a lot so walls seemed to be the only way to walk around the place. Pretty usefull trick in some areas of the Dragonspire.

Mortal (Aris)
Old 04-30-2001, 11:33 AM   #16
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Topside

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 12:11 AM   #17
Moni

BUMP!
Old 05-03-2001, 06:16 AM   #18
Radek
Red Dragon

Raising up all stats to 24 by ankhs:
1. Training: Wizard's guild - INT to 20, Warrior's Guild - STR to 20, Temple - SPI to 20 and PER to 18 (not 20!). You get +1 to PER in the Temple every time you make a donation. Note: Pawn Shop - DEX to 20, Bushi Dojo - AGI to 20 but these guilds are not in Valeia.
2. You need the Artifacts skill at level 5 to identify ankhs. Gain the Arcane Lore trait and the Artifacts skill as soon as possible (Temple, level 3, super easy).
3. The chest at the Frog Totem and the chest in the Tomb Area of the Crypt always contain a random ankh. Save game, open the chest repeatedly until you get "your" ankh.
4. The chest on the "Warrior's Path" (without levers, with the Plate Mail, use the Wizard's Jindol) always contains the STR ankh.
5. The chest on the "Wizard's Path" (with levers, use the Warrior's Jindol) always contains the INT ankh.
6. Mummies can drop a random ankh. Use Pickpocket or kill the mummy repeatedly until you get "your" ankh. There are 2 mummies in the Coffin Area of the Crypt and 1 mummy on the Warrior's and Wizard's Paths.
7. Reset Adventures and cycle through Elite Roles. This keeps your level low, i.e., you gain levels and attribute points fast and you can train in guilds often. Also, it refills the chests and restores the mummies.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote