Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #21
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Announcement: I have temporarily quit WOW as well.

(for one night -- grinding wife faction)
I'd be happy to grind with your wife so you can play more woW [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #22
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Just a little over the line there on that one, LoA.

[ 03-03-2006, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 03-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #23
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
quote:
Announcement: I have temporarily quit WOW as well.

(for one night -- grinding wife faction)
I'd be happy to grind with your wife so you can play more woW [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Whoahhhhh there lassie....
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #24
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Well the revamping your char for PVP each time sounds fun I just wasn't too keen on GW pvp..I don't know why. I admit I didn't play the game a whole lot but did log on daily for awhile there (1-2 weeks). The issues that soured me were the rudeness/abrasiveness of most people and that annoying graphical 'stutter' which I still haven't figured out. It took away from my gaming when it was going off every minute or so.

The lack of policing, support and patching of the game for problems like this made me frustrated, so I stopped logging on and went back to WoW. I just checked right now, and the issue is still there. http://www.guild-hall.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13220
I am using a NVidia GeForce FX video card and am having trouble seeing some terrain features.

THIS Problem was addressed last year two weeks befor the release of the game the problem is your card Read below .

There is a known issue with NVidia GeForce FX video cards (GPUs) and driver version 61.77 when the user has changed "Image Settings" to "High performance". Some of the problems include missing terrain and a stutter in display.

The solution is to change your video settings to "High quality". To do this, follow these instructions: On Windows XP:

* Open Display Properties control panel
* Click Settings tab
* Click Advanced button
* Click GeForce "Version" tab
* Select Performance and Quality Settings in left window
* In the Global Driver Settings window select Image Settings
* Move the slider to the right to "High quality"

The video cards/GPUs that are affected by this problem are:

* GeForce FX 5200
* GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
* GeForce FX 5500
* GeForce FX 5700
* GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
* GeForce FX 5700LE
* GeForce FX 5900
* GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
* GeForce FX 5900 XT
* GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
* GeForce PCX 5300
* GeForce PCX 5750
* GeForce PCX 5900

[ 03-03-2006, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 03-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #25
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Well the revamping your char for PVP each time sounds fun I just wasn't too keen on GW pvp..I don't know why. I admit I didn't play the game a whole lot but did log on daily for awhile there (1-2 weeks). The issues that soured me were the rudeness/abrasiveness of most people and that annoying graphical 'stutter' which I still haven't figured out. It took away from my gaming when it was going off every minute or so.

The lack of policing, support and patching of the game for problems like this made me frustrated, so I stopped logging on and went back to WoW. I just checked right now, and the issue is still there. http://www.guild-hall.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13220
I am using a NVidia GeForce FX video card and am having trouble seeing some terrain features.

THIS Problem was addressed last year two weeks befor the release of the game the problem is your card Read below .

There is a known issue with NVidia GeForce FX video cards (GPUs) and driver version 61.77 when the user has changed "Image Settings" to "High performance". Some of the problems include missing terrain and a stutter in display.

The solution is to change your video settings to "High quality". To do this, follow these instructions: On Windows XP:

* Open Display Properties control panel
* Click Settings tab
* Click Advanced button
* Click GeForce "Version" tab
* Select Performance and Quality Settings in left window
* In the Global Driver Settings window select Image Settings
* Move the slider to the right to "High quality"

The video cards/GPUs that are affected by this problem are:

* GeForce FX 5200
* GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
* GeForce FX 5500
* GeForce FX 5700
* GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
* GeForce FX 5700LE
* GeForce FX 5900
* GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
* GeForce FX 5900 XT
* GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
* GeForce PCX 5300
* GeForce PCX 5750
* GeForce PCX 5900
[/QUOTE]Sadly CB this isn't my prob but thank you for the post. While browsing I found this problem and experience it sometimes on NPC's but nowhere else. I had applied the 'fix' anyways. Curiously, I am using a geforce ti 4600 which aren't known to be affected and I am using the 80.xx drivers (tried a few others in testing also).

My issue is a different one and it is so very annoying. It's odd because I truly never have trouble like this with games, my system is squeeky clean and maintained and I rarely get glitches in games other than actual performance limits. I currently have my slider on High Quality and no change.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #26
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I know how you feel, I have a similar problem with Rome: Total War and they never fixed it, it really piss me off.

But in general they do patch a lot. I'll be playing and get a message saying something like "Game client updated, restart the game to download the latest build".

I sometimes try to ignore it but it get annoying because they keep spamming you until you do.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #27
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Just a little over the line there on that one, LoA.
Just being me TL lol, dont get mad [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2006, 02:43 AM   #28
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Anyone ever deactivated their WoW account and chosen "Left for another game" as their reason? Well, I did for kicks this time and got the following (automated) response.

"...We are sorry to hear that another company has lured you away with their gaudy baubles and promises."

It almost sounds bitchy.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #29
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sounds damn funny lol.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #30
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

The bitterness in the under tone is what the makers of Guild Wars would love to hear. Being that they
all quit Blizzard and they were the brains that developed most of what Blizzard is today. Then took
their knowledge and made their own game and are
starting to pull ahead in sales and are way ahead
in service.