Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2003, 05:35 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Arrow

It has been a looooonnnnnggggg time since I have played BG1 and I am getting close to the very end. Right now I am in the Duchal Palace and Saverok is there and I need to complete this battle. I do know the following:

1. That if both Dukes are killed I have failed, then I die, and then reload.

However, this time around I have managed to protect both Dukes and this is the outcome: At the end of the battle I state that Savorak is the one who is behind all this. Duke Belt asks if I have proof. My response is "no" and then Savorek speaks up, affronted that I called him treasoness, calls upon the people to use magic against me, and then he manages to flame strike me to death. I NEVER survive.

Here are my questions:

1.If I have proof on my person will my options change and allow me to say "yes" to Belt's required proof?

2. Or is it important thatat least one of the Dukes dies to keep it to the main story? Strange thing is that my two previous games from a long time ago I swear I remember Savorak's blue circle turning red during the battle, tipping his true intent.

* Please someone help me refresh my memory. Thanks!
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 05:42 PM   #2
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, you do need proof of Sarevok's intentions on your person at the time of the battle. This would be in the form of Sarevok's diary.

IIRC, you get this either from Duke Eltan when he is poisoned and you are asked to take him to the dock master or at the Iron Throne building (Yes, again.)
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 08:51 PM   #3
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

I am quite positive that you get Sarevok's Diary from that chick at the top floor of the Irone Throne tower.

Or else it's from those two 'Love Birds' down in the Undercellar.
Old 05-18-2003, 10:58 PM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Thanks to both of you. Like I said, it has been a loooong time since I played. For some reason I don't remember receiving the diary from Duke Elton when I delivered him to the Harbor Master. Then again perhaps my inventory was full and I didn't notice the warning that I dropped an item on the ground.

Whatever, I got the proof and I am finished the game.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 02:14 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Top of the Iron Throne Building: Sarevok's Diary
Slythe & Kristin in the Undercellar: Invitation to the Duchal Palace
Harbormaster's Building: Diddly-squat
Old 05-21-2003, 09:27 AM   #6
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Top of the Iron Throne Building: Sarevok's Diary
Slythe & Kristin in the Undercellar: Invitation to the Duchal Palace
Harbormaster's Building: Diddly-squat
One thing when you are doing evil deeds, should you keep a diary? Major slipup there.
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:20 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Ah, but when you've become a god, your diary from your mortal years would doubtless become a powerful artifact that would help empower your Priests and increase your following. The Tome of Murder could only add to Sarevok's might.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:56 AM   #8
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Ah, but when you've become a god, your diary from your mortal years would doubtless become a powerful artifact that would help empower your Priests and increase your following. The Tome of Murder could only add to Sarevok's might.
Point, but he should have hidden it better, not this best thing to show is it? I kind of gave away after I used it, now it's probably all over Baldur's Gate, hehe [img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote