Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2001, 10:45 AM   #1
RedJoe

New here, love this board. just got to Brimlock.. have finished all ishad quests

here's my group.. (rogues are useless)
All are elves... (all others races are useless)
One male, one female of each class.
2 war--barb--pal--sam's
2 pri--pal--- sam's
2 wiz--bard--sams--pal

Questions:
Can Monk/Ninj wear the heavy armors (plate & Chain)

I only have fire enchants.. should i get more? how useful are they?

my wiz's are going to go rang-nij--( then what should i end in Monk or Warlock?)

I'm playing without patch.. do warlocks learn all magic from all schools without the level limititations the other classes have?

Techie question: I have long load times. Would setting a minimum of 100megs for virtual memory screw up my system. I only have 64megs ram. no 3d 650mz pent2

Cool things:
Buy the Taketuska(sp) arrows at bushi guild for 450 sell them back for 1750.
When first get to Shurugeon castle go along the walls and fire the spirits (easy kills)
Use incinerate on the Lily's in the Boogre cave. I had 6 with incinerate and they were easy.
Set teleport on the ramp leading from Dragons cave to Brimlock.. insta tele to Brimlock or Ishad nah

Thanks for your time and the humor here is wonderful. My fiance and I have spent the past few days saying "Ask Shinwiki!" whenever a question arose.

Joseph Browning
Old 01-13-2001, 08:26 PM   #2
Moni

Hiya RedJoe : )

I'm hardly Shinwiki but I'll try!

First off, your Ninja can wear armor (haven't gotten to being a monk yet) but from what I understand, it may interfere with his punch/kick abilities when fighting bare-handed. (There are others here who are so much more knowledgable on this subject...Scronan, Serath) Read the thread titled "Calling All Kickers" for more info. It should be within the first few pages of this forum.

Personally I wanted my Wizard to go to Warlock & my priest to go to Monk/Zenmaster. It just made sense to me. But I have seen quite a few players chosing the role of Zenmaster for their Wizards & Warlocks. I guess, the choice there would be yours.

Warlocks learn Moon & Fiend Magics. You would have to go through other roles to acquire others.

Not sure about your techie question since I had my 64MB of memory replaced with 128 & the game runs MUCH MUCH faster!

Glad you have enjoyed the forum! Please feel free to add your ideas & experiences too!

: )
Moni
Old 01-13-2001, 11:44 PM   #3
Gauleiter

RAM has very little to do with /running/ the game but EVERYTHING to do with load times; more RAM, the faster it loads and unloads. My system is 192meg and loads in between 2 and 3 seconds.

This is true of all computer apps, BTW: more RAM = faster loads.
Old 01-14-2001, 04:07 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

Monks can wear up to chain armor (all classes can wear dragon plate though!), Ninjas I think the same. Assassins can wear (almost) anything.
fire enchants? Do you mean artifact spells? There are some useful ones increasing weapon damage and armor rating. I'm not sure at the moment from which spell schools they come. Search the board for enchanting and blessing.
I did wiz -> rang -> monk -> warlock to get all spells and to have martial art combat for my warlock. (Try to reach Bushi guild level 5 before switching to warlock for the coolest specials.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote