Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 07:19 AM   #1
ffan
Dungeon Master

Iam currently creating a game with DC, named Kingdoms of Zordo. I will be posting
the proccess of it every week!
(Believe me, its pretty cool!)
Old 11-30-2006, 08:38 AM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

Awesome. I look forward to hearing more about and seeing some previews.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:55 AM   #3
ffan
Dungeon Master

First stage was completed, including: The first 2 areas (Fludon village, SinaF's Castle), some items created, XP table.

These are important questions that need to be answered if we want Kingdoms of Zordo to be finished so, please anyone who knows, post answers.

1) Is there anything like a revive point where u can revive ur dead characters?

2) Is there any newer version of DC, than 0.9130?

3) Can someone play a project created with DC, without having DC? (or is there a setup compiler?)

I would also want to make a question about spells, cause rpg without mages, simply not good! Its a lil bit difficult to create spells so, could anyone make a guide or smt like that?

[ 12-01-2006, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: ffan ]
Old 12-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
manikus
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by ffan:

1) Is there anything like a revive point where u can revive ur dead characters?
There are a lot of different options: you can cast a spell, use aqn item or go to a temple. Of course, you (the designer) needs to create all of these things.
Quote:

2) Is there any newer version of DC, than 0.9130?
Nope, but hopefully there will be one soon.
Quote:

3) Can someone play a project created with DC, without having DC? (or is there a setup compiler?)
They need to have the DC engine which could be zipped with your design if you wanted to. Or they could just download the basic package via the installer available at the Official page. http://uaf.sourceforge.net/
Quote:

I would also want to make a question about spells, cause rpg without mages, simply not good! Its a lil bit difficult to create spells so, could anyone make a guide or smt like that?
All of the cleric and druid spells available in FRUA, which DC is modelled after have been made and are being beta tested. Mage spells rely a little more heavily on the special abilities that have not been completed yet, so I've only created a few thrid and fourth level spells, but certain spells all thje way up to ninth level are possible.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
ffan
Dungeon Master

thnx manikus! Helped a lot! (I'll post what ive recently created in 10 hours, currently designing!)
Old 12-02-2006, 01:38 AM   #6
ffan
Dungeon Master

3rd area completed (Sludin Village). The game is played in 3 kingdoms. Pas- Dagre, Dhion, Platin.
The current areas are for the first kingdom.

If you want you want you can post your ideas for other areas, items or whatever.

[ 12-02-2006, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: ffan ]
Old 12-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #7
manikus
Jack Burton

What genre is your design?
What are the kingdoms like? How large are they?
What races of beings live in this world?
How important is magic?

Old 12-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #8
ffan
Dungeon Master

1) RPG. BIIIG fan of it!

2)As i said, there are 3 kingdoms with 5 areas each of it. (but not very sure about it)

3)I liked the starting races so i left them as they were. As for the monsters, will be plenty of it

4)It is very important as clerics,psions, magic users use magic as their basic attack, defence etc...
Old 12-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #9
manikus
Jack Burton

Um, sorry I was unclear on the first questin, I meant whether it would be fantasy or science fiction, that kind of thing.

What's the setting? Is it AD&D? Forgotten Realms? A world of your own creation?

Are the monsters your own creation? Or, are they goblins and orcs and dragons and the such?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:57 AM   #10
ffan
Dungeon Master

It is a fantasy game, and it uses the D&D rules. As for the monsters, i have added some of the preset, but also a lot of mine!