Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
the mighty stamar

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=24302

http://dungeonlords.com/

[ 03-26-2005, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #2
WSBoaBoa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anyone else feel the game is more arcade then anything else? I tried sitting down with it but the controls are brutal for me. Not to mention the twitch feel to this game is pure console. Oh well I guess RPG developers & designers need to make money but now I am left wondering where the RPGs have all gone. Every where I look its this kind of depth thats being worked on now.

Anyone else have input from an RPG point of view?
WSBoaBoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:26 PM   #3
the mighty stamar

give it some time until you get into the sewers

the interface takes a while to get used to.

spell the monsters to death for a while until you get some experience.

switch between spells and sword with q

i enjoyed it a lot i wish it was longer.

It is an xbox game also so it has to have some apeal to xbox users.

[ 03-27-2005, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:55 PM   #4
Too Darkpark
The Magister

i was kind of disappointed by the demo. I liked Wizards and Warriors so I assumed that I'd like this one too. The graphics are nice and the character developement is good too, but the controls are frustrating. It's like a mad click fast to try to hit things. I manage to get a combo attack every once in a while, but it feels random.
I do have a joystick somewhere around here, so I hope that there will be joystick support since it would make it a little easier.

Oh yes, I did make it into the sewers and I am used to the interface but I'm not used to the combat. Also, can moving forward be re-assigned to the right mouse button? Whenever I play first person view games I always like to use my right mouse button for moving forward.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #5
analander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I really agree with the frustrations voiced in this thread. I also had a fair share of bugs, including the sound dropping out; the map not showing; and the 3D interface getting garbled in the sewers.

A bug-free game *could* be playable, but this demo doesn't exactly attract interest in the title. Anyone know the release date, or if a patched demo is planned?
analander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:21 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Such a big file to download and only to encounter bugs. You would have think that the game developer would have made a clean and bugless demo for people to try out the game. WHat's you wonder what the released game will be.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:05 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

There have been quite a few posts on this game on the W&W forum. I agree -- I wish the demo did more, so that you could get a really good feel for it. You can reprogram the keyboard (not sure about the mouse button, but I suspect so)... go into Options (or is it Settings?) from the main menu.

I think the demo is also a bit hyperactive when it comes to random monster encounters. There are far more than I've seen in the most prolific of games that I can recall.

A patched demo, or even a second demo, would be welcome. A game where they've fixed all these minor annoyances would be even better

Apparently, it is now scheduled to be available towards the end of the month. Time will tell...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:58 PM   #8
Too Darkpark
The Magister

the only bug i experienced was the map not working at all. the camera zooming was also eratic but worked. with the controls as they are, (i don't like the fact that the right mouse button is hard set for the shield) i probably won't get the game. being able to only customize the keybaord isn't enough for me.
as for bugs in the demo, i think it's alright so long as it's labeled as a work-in-progress (aka beta) version of a demo. a demo is a good way to get feedback from the community to find other bugs. i'm sure it's near impossible to test a game on every possible PC configuration.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:43 PM   #9
Foxfaye
Welcomed New User

Ive been playing computer RPGS for many many years and loved Wizards and Warriors and have been playing the Dungeon Lords Demo. Apparently a lot of the bugs in the Demo have been fixed in the finished game. I'm hoping to review the finished game for Quandary but so far as I can make out the game is aimed more for action than RPG, somewhat of a let down when you see the name of D.W Bradley attached to it.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:22 PM   #10
WSBoaBoa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Even if the bugs are taken care of at release I dont think I will be picking it up. I am an RPGer at heart, not an action addict so it doesnt really tickle me as I thought it might coming from D.W.B.
WSBoaBoa is offline   Reply With Quote