Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 07:07 AM   #1
insomniacau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all This is my first post so i'll be brief but we all know that annoying 1hp level up well i seem to get it say 5 times in a row then i might get different depending on the character with my Preist/Monk and my Wizard/Warlock i always seem to get 1 hp i have the first version is this just a problem with the version or is there a fix with the update?.

I tried doing the old save beforehand but we all know that is hardly ever reliable so anyway please tell me what your comments are i'll be very interested thanks all...
insomniacau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 07:21 AM   #2
Kulko
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,

Do you mean you only get 1hp level ups after the class change?
I zthink this is intentional and will only get better once your character has reached his previous level with the new class.
So if you make a Lvl 5 Priest into a monk, your first 4 levelups will be 1HP, 0 AP and 1 SP.

Ciao
Kulko
Kulko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 07:27 AM   #3
insomniacau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my preist is a level 12 monk now and my wizard is a level 13 warlock and yes i still get 1 damn hit point at the least 5 times in a row usaully more anyway thanks for the reply i'll recheck here again tommorow.
Old 05-14-2001, 08:03 AM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry, that's not something the patch will fix. If you wan't work arounds to boost your HP, go check out the Best Tip section, you might find some good ideas there.

Welcome to the board BTW

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 09:32 AM   #5
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome insomniacau! Kulko and Ryanamur nailed it - sorry, no heavy advancements here. But it is a great game anyways with lots to do and some anks will help to boost those points if you can find them. Stay close and have fun!
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 10:03 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board insomniacau!!

Everyone who has played this game knows the designers made a BIG mistake not making the leveling up more rewarding, but there really isn't anything to be done about it. There are some tricks to compensate for the poor level ups - see best tips thread, but in generally it is just best to pretty much take what you get and know that in the long run it will work out okay. Just very frustrating when you're earlier in the game!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 12:34 PM   #7
Malthaussen
Manshoon

Two things to do about the lousy level-ups:

1) Get the Roster Editor, and give your characters as many HP as your little heart desires.

2) Change Class Often!!! This is very important. Consider the following: 120,000 EP will get you about 10 levels in any class you enter. That's 10 HP and 10 skill points, guaranteed. OTOH, that 120,000 will get you one lousy level-up, 1 HP and 4 or 5 SP, depending upon your Intellect, after level 10 or thereabouts -- and it gets worse as your levels get higher.

I'd suggest never letting a character go beyond 10th level in any class until you make them all assassins after you off Raskelion. By that time, there won't be many skills left to learn, anyway.

Okay, I hear somebody complaining that if you follow this suggestion, you'll never get points to raise your attributes. True. That's what gold and the guilds are for... and if you change class all the time, you'll have all your attributes up to 20 before you leave Ishad N'Ha. Well, except for Will and Fortitude, which can't be raised in the guilds...

Naturally, in order for this to work, you'll need to visit the dojo a lot and buy and sell the takakatsu arrows. A real "infinite gold" trick.
Malthaussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 01:46 PM   #8
Traute
The Magister

In my first game, I used the Toughen bug quite a lot, because I didn't want to leave things to chance. After that, I didn't use it anymore.
I usually go nine levels each of Wizard, Paladin, Bard, Ranger, Samurai, Ninja, Warlock (to get all the spells I missed before) and at last Barbarian. I mostly have about 40 HP when I change to Paladin, and I've noticed that many times my chars get more than 1 HP while a Paladin of < lvl 9 (my present solo char got 8 HP at lvl 5 and 17 HP at lvl 7).
As Barbarians after the highest previous lvl anything goes. I had as much as 61 HP at one leveling, though of course I'm getting 1 HP most of the times.

When my chars change to the Super-Elite classes they mostly have about 250 HP, give or take a few.
My present solo char who went 14 lvls of every class but monk, 24 lvls as a Barbarian and is now a lvl 35 Assassin has 293 HP, which is quite enough IMHO.
Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 11:48 PM   #9
insomniacau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks all for the suggestions and u r dead right the makers must have been drunk the night they designed the level up system but anyway i think i'll just put up with it and see how i go thanks again for the welcome and speak to u guy's sorry and girls if there r any no offense intended speak to u soon bye...
Old 05-14-2001, 11:50 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Certainly no offense taken, insomiacau! I think we all agree that the level-up system is one of the most frustrating points of an otherwise worthy game.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote