Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which category are you?
I spend all my time on my computer. 7 21.88%
I have a job, computer in free time. 11 34.38%
I have a Girl/Boy friend, computer also. 7 21.88%
I have both a G/B friend, and a job! 2 6.25%
I dont do computer much at all. 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2003, 02:30 AM   #1
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

When I tell people how much time I spend on my computer, I am always told "Wow, dude, you gotta get a girlfriend" and I have one. So I am wondering, how many of you fit into each category of gamer?
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:22 AM   #2
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

It doesn't matter how much time you spend behind the computer, bro. It's good to try and achieve a bit of a healthy balance in life; I mean obviously you shouldn't spend 24 hours a day staring at a screen, but so long as you pay your girl enough attention and are confident and happy with what you're doing, there's no reason why you can't spend your free time at the PC. Making a few friends here and there and going to a party once in a while will really help in your situation, because you don't want to become inept and be unable to function at a social scene or interact properly with other people. But so long as you don't lose touch with reality in this way, you can sit behind the computer as much as you want. Also, you'll find the attitude towards 'geeky' hobbies mellows as you get older - nobody really cares what you do in your spare time once you hit a certain age.

I go to college, have a girlfriend, no job, and spend three hours a day behind my laptop. I think that's okay [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 04:51 AM   #3
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Thanx for clearing that up. What exactly is that age you're talking about? Im 13, spend a lot of time with my girlfriend (together 4 months, woot woot!) and do a lot of....stuff together. But I average about 5 to 10 hours a day on my computer. However, I love social gatherings, and making jokes. Its just that I get about 5 hours of sleep a night. And that brings me to another subject. I have a 3.945 GPA, but Ive never studied for a test in my life, and get little sleep. I think Im either bragging, tired, or actually have no life. I think I'll shut up now.
-Brainless One
Old 12-30-2003, 08:58 PM   #4
Azimaith
Manshoon

Look, the only people who have no lives are the people who come up to you and say "Dude, you've got no life, get a girlfriend." When your overly concerned with someone elses life that means you have a void in your own your trying to fill off someone elses. Yes we have lives, I've also been asked out by girls before (Yep, the old days of guys asking out girls is past) so I hardly see their right to judge whether we have no lives or not.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Azimaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 09:44 PM   #5
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Bravo!! I'll be sure to send those..people...here.
-Brainless One
Old 12-31-2003, 09:25 AM   #6
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

if you enjoy spending a lot of time on the computer (like I for one do) then of course you have a life, its just like if u are interested in a sport and you practise it often.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:59 PM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

I do not spend any time in front of the TV. I use that time in front of the computer using a bit of brainpower

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 08:46 PM   #8
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Same as wellard for me, I have minimal TV time and use the time I save on the computer!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:36 PM   #9
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

People will keep picking on you until you're all typing something at school. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Then they will watch, awestruck at the relentless fury of your fingers and wish they too had spent half their young lives on the computer. Least that's what happened to me.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:18 PM   #10
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Killing Spree, nothing could be closer to the truth. People are envious of my typing ability.
As for a life.. I have friends, good grades, and an occasional um-friend (Like a boyfriend, but it never gets very far). Just because I find time to make hundreds of posts on my free time doesn't mean I spend *all* my time here. Maybe when I'm on vacation, yeah, but since I can type so fast, hey! It's in and out in five minutes!

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote