Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2002, 06:26 PM   #1
Zidane
Manshoon

I am very very very new to PC gaming, I play on a Mac and have just become a traitor to my clan and bought a PC. (A pure stand alone, no modem, comms or network card, just for games - sad aren't I?) Sorry Rude Dawg and Charean. My Mac still RULES though.

Well anyway I digress, there is not much out there for a Mac.

Anyway I am taking delivery of my PC tomorrow and have bought Dungeon Siege as I have heard it is very much like Diablo II and I LOVE Diablo II, next to BGII and IWD of course.

Now I want Planescape Torment and I have tried a few shops and I cannot get it, HMV says it has been discontinued over here.
(Birmingham, England)

Anyone know where (what shops) I can buy it in the UK (I can phone them up, send a cheque, and get them to send it to me.

Please please please, pretty please....?????

Lady Zidane
Old 05-23-2002, 07:40 PM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hey, another Lady Z. Sorry, I did an aol shopping search and all they could come up with is Amazon, which lists it as out of stock. You might pm Sazerac, he mentioned a few days ago that he saw it in a store near him for $9.98. (U.S.)
Old 05-23-2002, 07:57 PM   #3
Zidane
Manshoon

Thanks

I emailed Interplay but they will not ship outside the USA and Canada.

I think I will post Saz see if he can help me

Thanks

I will get it somewhere. I went on Amazon, but as I do not hold and don't want to hold a credit card, I don't really buy online.

If someone can get it for me I can mail them a cheque,

Cheers

Lady Zidane
Old 05-23-2002, 07:58 PM   #4
Greystone
The Magister

With a little searching, I found this great place that carries LOTS of old and new games, at fairly good prices. Follow the link below to find Planescape: Torment on their site.

www.gogamer.com

Hope this helps!

--Greystone
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 09:00 PM   #5
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

ye could try ebay as well
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 09:56 PM   #6
coil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

im uk, you can have my copy if you wish...played it to death and its just gathering dust now
Old 05-24-2002, 05:30 AM   #7
andrewas
Harper

I bought it last month in PC World, for 9.99, which is well worth it. Its on the White Label budget series.

I happen to have to walk past said shop today, I could check and see if they have another copy, then we could do the cheque thing.

[ 05-24-2002, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: andrewas ]
Old 05-24-2002, 09:04 AM   #8
andrewas
Harper

Say what you like about PC World (Overprices, undertrained, Intel and Microsoft dominated, etc) they do have a good bedget games section. PCW aberdeen has two copies, and PCW birmingham (if there is one) should have some as well.
Old 05-24-2002, 06:41 PM   #9
Zidane
Manshoon

Oooooh, being a Mac girlie. and not always as sharp as I should be when it comes to PCs (new to em as I said before) - I didn't think of PC world. How can I not have thought of PC World when it is specifically for pcs. Doh.... (hits head against wall over and over again)

I shall have a mosie around there, and if I can't get it Andrewas, we will do a deal.

Cheers

Coil has offered me his copy, and that is great, but I would prefer a new copy if I can get it, and then clutch at straws if I cant.

Thanks Andrewas and Coil if you are on the boards.

Lady Zidane

(Its 11.30 pm now, so don't think PC world is open, but I can try (grabs bag and shoes, slams door.....)
Old 05-25-2002, 06:04 AM   #10
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Zidane:
How can I not have thought of PC World when it is specifically for pcs.
Because the only thing they do worse than PC games is Mac games. Im not kidding, they have more stuff for PS2 than PC, and a bit of Mac stuff as well. About the only section they do right is budget games.

Only problem is that you get 5 discs in one DVD case, and no manual. Typical budget packaging.