Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 12:22 PM   #1
Worm
The Magister

That battle is disgustingly hard they give you higher levels and can't find any original ways to create bosses rather than giving them zounds of spells and making them multi-class nightmares! If that dark elf is a Mage/Cleric then how can she cast level 9 spells? Because she's a boss why would a boss have to obey the limits set in the game? I remember back when you'd fight a guy and his cohorts and you'd either win or lose you wouldn't have to fight off loads of slaves who are surprisingly equipped with magic weapons worthless slaves wielding magic halberds and not only that they are unlimited as far as I can tell that's what ruined golden eye for the Nintendo 64, spawning! I simply don't want to have to do that fight with more drow washing through the door like a dirty ebony plague I thought I crushed the army? This is more of her little trap? I can't wait to see what those dragon bhaal spawn bastard's (Guessed that from the name draconis) have up their sleeves. Bosses in TOB are like cartoon villains from the 1950s. Bring back good old fisticuffs and normal fights not where the game goes into cut scene mode where you can't do a damn thing well the little boss your fighting hoists up his anvil and giggles as he drop's it on your characters head. I want final bosses like in BG1, TOTSC, B2, IWD, and Planescape Torment.

------------------
Worm, About as interesting as traveling with an angery cambion.
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 12:51 PM   #2
Waluin

If you need help, see my thread, I had a similar problem, although I dont hink it was hard as much as it required some serious strategy.

http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/000295.html
Waluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 01:16 PM   #3
Pennance
The Magister

Here's a solution: Summon Planetar.

The Plantetar or Deva can hold off ALL of those slaves while you pound away the drow elg'caress. Yes, she's difficult, but its hard coming up with challenging scenarios when your characters peak past the 20th level mark. That's why most DM's force players to retire their characters when they get that high of a level.

For battling the drow herself, I had two groups of attackers. The first would attack her in melee while the other used ranged attacks (those platforms are small). Then when she switched to another section the missile team would go for melee while the original melee team healed and did ranged.

That strategy worked for me and I beat her on the first try.

Hope that helps.
Pennance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 03:07 PM   #4
Graccus
Dungeon Master

The enemies have to be a little insane if they are going to present a serious threat to a party of 6 20-30th lvl players. Remember that she is a Bhaalspawn, as well. You had the ability to cast some clerical spells before Irenicus took your soul, so does she. I personally think the PC gets the better end of the bargain (Slayer change rocks!)
Graccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 09:05 PM   #5
Worm
The Magister

Ahh well now I killed the bitch and I'm angered over draconis what a terrible name he should be weak just because his name sucks Firkraag now that's a name!

------------------
Old 07-13-2001, 09:55 PM   #6
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Graccus:
I personally think the PC gets the better end of the bargain (Slayer change rocks!)
I will never surrender myself!
Waluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:08 AM   #7
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I wailed on her with lightning bolts and she went down in one shot for several of those bodies. I had to pause a lot to position my characters to dodge. Thank goodness for the Cloak of Reflection!
Zateel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 11:25 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Worm: please be more careful about your posts in future and post a spoiler warning. Also, DON'T reveal spoilers in your title - which you just did with this one. Why couldn't you have just said "final battle" as the title? I'll start deleting posts like this if they keep popping up, much as I dislike censorship.

Thanks for your future cooperation, mate.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:21 PM   #9
Worm
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Worm: please be more careful about your posts in future and post a spoiler warning. Also, DON'T reveal spoilers in your title - which you just did with this one. Why couldn't you have just said "final battle" as the title? I'll start deleting posts like this if they keep popping up, much as I dislike censorship.

Thanks for your future cooperation, mate.

I couldn't say final battle because I was not talking about the final battle I was talking about the final battle against sendai and bhaal knows what chaos would be strewn if a person figured out a name.

------------------