Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2002, 11:51 AM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Ok, some thoughts occurred to me in my sleep last night, mainly about commercial industries, first of all, why is it, that there is no place on earth, that is without a Mcdonalds... perhaps i should rephraise that...

I want you to try and name ONE PLACE you know about that doesnt have a Mc Donalds, one County, one Country, one city that does not have at least 1 Golden arches sticking out of the ground somewhere...

Even CUBA has a Mc Donalds! I knew a foreighn exchange student who went to the United States from Japan, and when he went back he said to his freinds: "you won't belive it guys, they have Mc Donalds over there too!"

>_> well anyway...

Does anybody know of a place where they actually DON'T have McDonalds? Because i'd like to go there and spend some time, see over here McDonalds is about the only place we have to eat at... >_> lol and i'm just being truthfull... i want to get away from those arches! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Next Subject, taking some more time away from you:
What is it with ITT Technical Institute? Have any of you guys seen these commercials on TV, saying things like "The Skills of Tomorrow for the Jobs of Today!" You know NASA used to advertise it's location in Florida as being "The Place where the Future Becomes the Present!" I just saw a commercial the other day that said "Where the PAST becomes the Present!" and it was for NASA... they've realized that all of our work in space and our triumphs were things that happened THEN and are sort of happing NOW but it's almost as if they've aknowledged that the human race is doomed to extingtion because progress has been denied... anyway... ITT obviously doesnt want to admit that fact about themselves yet, while touring around for colledges, i decided i'd check out one of these "establishments" it appeared to have been constructed on a vacant lot, sharing a building with a weather center, located right next to a bra factory... The housing around the area was very small, about 3-4 room houses, and they still had prices in the $400,000 mark... anyway.... I went into the building and was greeted by young and attractive jocks who had been hired by the company to represent the teachers, which apparently they don't have any of. All of their courses are pre-programed onto their 4 year old computer systems. I looked into their labs where electrospectrometers from high school classrooms in the earlie 80s were still being used, where windows 95 was the operating system everyone used and they had a "HALL OF FAME" for every person who'd graduated... suprisingly EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ended up working at the SAME COMPANY... it turns out that ITT offers the skills necessary to become Blue Collar Workers and puts you in that job at near minimum wage while you pay abotu 50 grand a year for 4 years for the education, they don't even offer masters degrees or PHDs, INfact from what ive seen their commercials were big fabricated lies about a school that was designed only to have people work for one company, they won't accept credit from other schools neither will they allow credit from their school to be tranfered from another, they stricktly demand you give them 200,000 bucks for a 4 year program so that you end up working a job that isn't even white collar. Oh sure it isn't BLUE collar either but it is most certainly NOT white collar. Its more like an aqua collar type job, where you're somwehre in between the two and are considered worthless for the most part. the school also seems designed for people who know absolutley nothing about computers and are therefore manipulable by the company, they asked me to fill out a sheet and they said that i was "Qualified" for advanced computer aided drafting, i said "Like Hell Im going into drafting lady! Multimedia is my dream and computer science degrees will get me there, not a DRAFTING Degree for your stupid "PRIVATE SCHOOL for No-nothings!" and i walked out without saying another word. they are still spamming me to this day that they want me, when i block the sender they just have someone else working for them spam me... >_>

Why is it things like that exist?

and why is it things like McDonalds exist everywhere, when many testemonials claim that Burger King has far better breakfast meals...

would you rather have a Croisantwich or a McBagel... ? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

aaah anyway, and that was my ranting question for the day, well two of them anyway...
Old 07-02-2002, 11:55 AM   #2
Deathbringer

Ok I know of a country that doesn't have McDonalds, Quatar

hehe that stuffed ya!

[ 07-02-2002, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 07-02-2002, 11:55 AM   #3
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Come over to my house /)eathKiller.In my town we don't have ANY McDonalds! Hehe.We have other places to eat.

EDIT:We don't have Burger Kings either. PLus,I hate Mc Donalds their hamburgers are smaller then the palm of your hand.

[ 07-02-2002, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-02-2002, 12:02 PM   #4
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Come over to my house /)eathKiller.In my town we don't have ANY McDonalds! Hehe.We have other places to eat.

EDIT:We don't have Burger Kings either. PLus,I hate Mc Donalds their hamburgers are smaller then the palm of your hand.
How is it that a whole planet has been brainwashed into thinking that shit tastes good? Just shows the power of advertising...... In the US, are the venues nicer than they are here? In Britain, you sit on plastic chairs, at plastic tables, and the food is served in like cardboard, or plastic type cartons. It is really depressing.

The only time I went in a McD's (to use their loo) it was full of depressed looking people munching away, and the only ones that looked happy were the children, poor little mites, who don't know any better and think going to McDonald's is just the very best time they could possibly have. Like I said. Advertising. Tis just awesome.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:09 PM   #5
Deathbringer

Quote:
How is it that a whole planet has been brainwashed into thinking that shit tastes good? Just shows the power of advertising...... In the US, are the venues nicer than they are here? In Britain, you sit on plastic chairs, at plastic tables
and you eat plastic food..... hehe.

McDonalds food sucks.

They did a test in Australia on food to see how much perseratives were used. The test was simple, the food that lasted the longest without going bad had the most perseratives. after 3 months a Mcdonald's cheese burger was still edable. Not even the cheese went bad!

[ 07-02-2002, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 07-02-2002, 12:11 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

McDonald's sucks, yes. But here in Denmark it doesn't seem to be as bad as SC is describing that it is in Britain. Here it's actually reasonable quality.... Or at least edible. I wouldn't touch it with a twenty foot rotten oak pole [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2002, 12:12 PM   #7
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Ya know /)eathBringer that test thing sorta makes me feel like puking.I did'nt want to know that when I was little and liked McDonalds that I could have ate a 3 month old hamburger. [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-02-2002, 12:34 PM   #8
Deathbringer

Quote:
Ya know /)eathBringer that test thing sorta makes me feel like puking.I did'nt want to know that when I was little and liked McDonalds that I could have ate a 3 month old hamburger.
Don't worry I'm sure it's illegal to serve old food, but still it just goes to show how much crap they put in McDonalds food.

Oh and incase you were wondering why people get hooked on it, McDonalds food also contains high amounts of addectives, which are actually dangerous to your health.

Old 07-02-2002, 12:38 PM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:

How is it that a whole planet has been brainwashed into thinking that shit tastes good? Just shows the power of advertising...... In the US, are the venues nicer than they are here? In Britain, you sit on plastic chairs, at plastic tables, and the food is served in like cardboard, or plastic type cartons. It is really depressing.

The only time I went in a McD's (to use their loo) it was full of depressed looking people munching away, and the only ones that looked happy were the children, poor little mites, who don't know any better and think going to McDonald's is just the very best time they could possibly have. Like I said. Advertising. Tis just awesome.
[/QUOTE]The only thing at Mikki D's that tastes good are the fry's [img]smile.gif[/img] Well now that they actually put chicken in their chicken tenders they taste ok too... [img]smile.gif[/img] McD's and Burger glut and all the others are not there for the quality of the food, They serve the purpose of "FAST" food. Of course with the decline in the numbers of people who can speak english behind the counter...service has slowed to pretty much being just "sort of faster than slow food". [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't eat there cause it tastes good, thats for sure!

Old 07-02-2002, 12:41 PM   #10
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
quote:
How is it that a whole planet has been brainwashed into thinking that shit tastes good? Just shows the power of advertising...... In the US, are the venues nicer than they are here? In Britain, you sit on plastic chairs, at plastic tables
and you eat plastic food..... hehe.

McDonalds food sucks.

They did a test in Australia on food to see how much perseratives were used. The test was simple, the food that lasted the longest without going bad had the most perseratives. after 3 months a Mcdonald's cheese burger was still edable. Not even the cheese went bad!
[/QUOTE]Ya know I can bash bad food with the rest of them but lets not go over board and make it sound like they let burgers lay around for months...lat least here in the US "most" Places are fairly well policed to make sure of cleanliness and edible food stuffs. It is not Haute Cuisine for sure, but it could be worse...and is better than many people in the world have to eat.