Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2003, 11:29 PM   #11
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Try not to fall all over yourselves thanking me for this.

www.donotcall.gov
Yep, the second I saw it on CNN, I WARP 9'ed it there. [img]smile.gif[/img] I am SICK of getting all these 'recordings' they leave on my answering machine memory--wasting it. [/QUOTE]So that's why your answering machine is full sometimes when I call. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]UGH! Yes that is it! [img]smile.gif[/img] I just cleaned it though, so you can call over the weekend [img]smile.gif[/img] It's a digital chip instead of a tape, which is good sometimes, and sometimes sucks, because you're limited to 30 mins (I think).

Let 'em whine! (The telemarketers) and cry about losing their jobs.. Their JOBS are a joke. Scams. Shams..

Choc, DESTROY THEM, NOW!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-27-2003, 11:41 PM   #12
Animal
Gold Dragon

Remember, it's not the telemarketers fault. They're just doing their job, trying to make a buck.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:31 AM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Remember, it's not the telemarketers fault. They're just doing their job, trying to make a buck.
Well, I don't care who's fault it is, they excepted the job, and I'm glad they can't bug people anymore. They are exactly like SPAM. I hope they ban that too.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-28-2003, 01:47 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Awwww... great closeup of the Chocmeister!

NY already had a 'do not call' registry and it will be added to the national one so I think I'll wait. Every time I tried to register today, the system crashed or froze my browser.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:56 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Next time one of them calls, tell them you can't speak to them there, but if they give you their home phone phone number you'll speak to them that night. Gets them hanging up pretty quickly.

Old 06-28-2003, 01:07 PM   #16
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Try not to fall all over yourselves thanking me for this.

www.donotcall.gov
Yep, the second I saw it on CNN, I WARP 9'ed it there. [img]smile.gif[/img] I am SICK of getting all these 'recordings' they leave on my answering machine memory--wasting it. [/QUOTE]So that's why your answering machine is full sometimes when I call. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]UGH! Yes that is it! [img]smile.gif[/img] I just cleaned it though, so you can call over the weekend [img]smile.gif[/img] It's a digital chip instead of a tape, which is good sometimes, and sometimes sucks, because you're limited to 30 mins (I think).

Let 'em whine! (The telemarketers) and cry about losing their jobs.. Their JOBS are a joke. Scams. Shams..

Choc, DESTROY THEM, NOW!

[/QUOTE]WOW! CHOC-THE-DESTROYER! I wouldn't tangle with a cat like that! PS: Thank god, you got a digital answering machine. Of course I call at for most people normal times. I should know that you come alive at between 1 and 4 AM!
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 06-28-2003, 06:11 PM   #17
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
One guy has lost his job after being hung up on and calling back tot he family and threatening that he wold kill his family and stuff. My mom hung up on one and got a call back and the woman cussed her in French. The good thing is that my mom did not answer the phone, let the answering machine pick up, and the audio tape was given to my brother in law that speaks french,,,who in turn called the company and filed a complaint. Those telemarketers are evil. I was offered a job once as one. I was to observe them in action as they were there. What I saw made me sick. I walked out, and told them I was foolish for even thinking I could do this.

I entered in my info on that list, but have not received the confirmation. If I do not soon, I'll try to reregister. I will never buy anything from the telemarketing scheme, and therefore never need to be bothered by it. I am one of those that will use the $1100 fine/offense as my weapon if/when they call.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:47 PM   #18
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hey...don't miss one of the beauties of that website...the File A Complaint area. After Oct. 1st, you can file complaints on those that are not obeying the law! I am soooo going to use that! I can't wait!
Old 06-28-2003, 10:35 PM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Cool. I registered up, got my reply e-mail, clicked on the link, it's a done deal now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-29-2003, 07:35 PM   #20
Jedimaster
Dungeon Master

They still haven't sent my confirmation emails that I tried to file from work and again from home.
I am a Trekker I like Simcity 2000, Star Trek,<br /> Star Wars, Science Fiction books, movies and TV shows.<br />My web address is [url]\"http://home.comcast.net/~m.nelson10\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~m.nelson10</a> <br />My email address is m.nelson10 at comcast.net