Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2002, 06:37 PM   #1
D*Ranged

I have:

Me (Sorcerer)
Minsc
Jaheira
Aerie
Anomen
Yoshimo

I have heard things about how clerics aren't exactly needed to finish the game. Besides I want Keldorn (Carsomyr +5). Should I drop Anomen? And if I do, should Jah and Aerie do? Both are multi so I know they only go up to Lvl 13 and 14 respectively...
Old 01-06-2002, 07:26 PM   #2
skier9205
Manshoon

I have a party with Aerie ans she great. You can pikc up Keldorn and replace him with Anomen if you want, however, you get Carsomyr +5 kinda late in the game (most people don't get it until they get through the Asylum) so if your entire reason to get Keldorn is for Carsomyr then you may wanna reconsider, either way Keldorn is still a really good NPC.
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 07:46 PM   #3
Phantom of might and magic
Dungeon Master

If you want to Keldron with Carsomyr+5 you better grab Kelron before going in Asilym. When you will come back (IF) party will be tough, you beat Firkraag, get carsomyr and when ull have Keldron in ur party he will be pretty pathetic
If i want Kelrdon in my party i am with him all the way through.
Old 01-06-2002, 07:56 PM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

The Anti-Anomen society took a vote and said,"Keldorn rules, Anomen drools."
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 08:31 PM   #5
Magness
Quintesson

quote:

You can pikc up Keldorn and replace him with Anomen if you want, however, you get Carsomyr +5 kinda late in the game (most people don't get it until they get through the Asylum)

"most people don't get it until they get through the Asylum" Huh? What? This is news to me. I try to always complete all the major quests before heading off to the Asylum. And if I have a paladin PC or have Keldorn, I always want to get Carsomyr as soon as possible.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 10:00 PM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Dump Anomen. You'll be glad you did, lol! He's they guy we all love to hate!
If you want a flirt fo Aerie, get Haer'Dalis! But Keldorn is all tank!
Old 01-07-2002, 02:13 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, come now, Anomen isn't THAT bad.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT:

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

He's saved our BUTTS in Chapter 6. Give him the Illithium-treated Mace of Disruption and keep putting prof points into it, and with that and his Sunray spells AND the necessary Restoration spells, Negative Plane Protection for the others, etc., he can just about clear out the vamps by himself.

HINT: After he takes his "ascension", he's a lot better cleric than before. Don't judge him on the basis of where he is before the test.

Either that, or take Viconia with you, as she's a pure Cleric...but she won't get the extra prof points in Mace. (Minsc can do in a pinch with the Mace.)

Clerics aren't necessary to finish the game...but they do make things a LOT easier. A balanced party is a MUST in this game. Mine is:

My Character (a Berserker dualled to Thief)
Anomen
Minsc
Imoen
Nalia
Aerie

Just choose the right spells for the right jobs, and there's pretty much nothing you can't do.

Oh, and BTW...Carsomyr is great, but it's not the only good weapon in the game...IMO, Crom Faeyr (which my character is using), is the best.

Good luck to you!

-Sazerac

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 05:21 AM   #8
D*Ranged

Thanx!!! I guess it IS possible w/ Aerie & Jaheira only...