Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 03:22 AM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

This post may contain some minor *spoilers*. Read at your own risk.

This is my second time playing through SoA/ToB. I intend to do the minimal number of quests before seeing that no-good $%@$^#@ pirate Saemon & proceeding on to Chap 4. My idea is that when Imoen finally rejoins the party, there wouldn't be too much difference between her exp and that of the rest of the party.

My party:
PC (Straight Ranger, level 9, almost reaching 10)
Minsc (level 9)
Anomen (level 8, I think)
Aerie
Jaheira
Jan (Will swop for Imoen later)

What is the minimum level my party should be before I sail to Brynnlaw?

I have not done many quests so far. The major ones I have completed so far:

Circus
Hendak & Lehtinan
Sewers & Slavers
Baron Ployer
Nalia's keep
The first two of the Harpers sub-plot (returning the body, & Montaron & Xzar)
Old 08-27-2002, 04:59 AM   #2
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

My position always was - the greater is the level, the better! I would suggest you getting all the good swords (Carsomyr and Daystar), earning a good deal of XP. Later on (you know that, dont you?) you'll need ALL the XP you can gather so these beginning chapters are the time to earn A LOT of it!

I dont want to give any spoilers, so the general plot stays the same - the more XP you learn the better!! And good eq is the key to getting fun outta game
Old 08-27-2002, 05:57 AM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Thanks, I have already completed the game once before. I need to know what is the minimum recommended level my party should be befpre I sail off to rescue Imoen, as I don't want her to lag behind the rest of the party, exp wise.

Anyone?
Old 08-27-2002, 06:00 AM   #4
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Hey, I did ALL i could find in ch.3 and still she didnt lag behind... Now she is a good spellcaster beating Aerie on levels...

SPOILER!!

Ypu remember the fight for the pirate lord's ship?? it IS the most difficult fight in those chapters IMHO so consider your strengths and levels accordingly.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:19 AM   #5
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Hmm... I went to rescue Imoen after doing the following quests, Hendak, Renal Bloodscape, Child slaves, Aran Linvail's quests and that was about it... I finished the Underdark without any problems!!! IT'S ALL ABOUT KNOWLEDGE!!! If u know the game well enough, u wont have a problem in Chap 4 even with a party on low levels...
Old 08-27-2002, 06:35 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I set sail when my PC is level 12, so that by the time I reach Imoen, she will be level 12 as well. This is when my PC is a Paladin, and I want Imoen in my party.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 06:40 AM   #7
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Actually when I first played BG2, my Paladin reached her at level 15, and she was on level 13 as a mage....
Old 08-27-2002, 09:46 AM   #8
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

Do all the quests in the city. Except the Twisted Rune, Guarded Compound, and Kangaxx's Body Parts. That should give you a good bit of money, and you will have allies for the fight with Bodhi afterwards. (Drizzt, Radiant Heart, and Shadow Thieves)

Take LOTS of scrolls with you to Brynnlaw. When Imoen joins your group, she will be very lacking on spells. Scribing 20+ spells will help her level up, too.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:17 PM   #9
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
My position always was - the greater is the level, the better! I would suggest you getting all the good swords (Carsomyr and Daystar), earning a good deal of XP.
There's no paladin in his party, he doesn't need Carsomyr. I do the minimum quests and go to rescue imoen as soon as possible, too, so when I reach chapter (5))?) and go to fight Bodhi for the final time I have the maximum xp possible for Suldenesselar.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 12:21 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... technically his Jan Jansen can eventually use Carsomyr... although it is in my opinion, strictly for laughs.

ADD] Oops, forgot he was going to swop Janny for Imoen. Ignore my above statement.

[ 08-27-2002, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote