Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2002, 05:20 AM   #71
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by arion windrider:
im sorry but this is too funny... why did a game forum turn into a religious forum... heheh... all religions have there good and bad points so just leave it at that... if you love GOD or whoever, then thats cool and should be respected... boy i thought we was getting help for religion for our games... heheh
It's as it's always been. But you as a 122 post veteran would know that wouldn't you.

This is the General Discussion part of the board bright boy.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 12-03-2002, 06:52 AM   #72
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by arion windrider:
im sorry but this is too funny... why did a game forum turn into a religious forum... heheh... all religions have there good and bad points so just leave it at that... if you love GOD or whoever, then thats cool and should be respected... boy i thought we was getting help for religion for our games... heheh
We discuss all sorts of things in General Discussions. That's what it's for.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:35 AM   #73
Grungi
Banned User

erm yorick check your post and mine again

.... but theres not a religious person i know who would do that

read my post throughly next time please, your arguing with my knowledge of it in my life? well im sorry you cant period, i do not know any religious person who would up until this point your the first, so dont say im generalising because im not, i didnt say "no religious person would do that" if i said that id be an idiot, i said in my life, my knowledge my experience, so please do not critisise by saying im generalising when you obviously havent read my post properly. I am not generalising I am merely stating opinions based on my knowledge of how things are, if i was generalising id be saying things like "all christians are faithless" etc which im certainly not doing and anyone who does say that is an idiot and shouldnt be talking here, im not doing that so pick me up on the points i do get wrong, not the ones i get right.

and yeah this is a general discussion forum ie anything goes, not many games talked about here, its more about current events, jokes etc from what i can see, if you want the games forums go to those, if you like debating come here [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2002, 07:40 AM   #74
Grungi
Banned User

oh and yorick whether intentionally or not your last few posts have been somewhat insulting in terms of attitude:

- Maybe you should check your information before you start generalisingly criticising.

whether you meant it to or not i found that an unfair attack.

- It's as it's always been. But you as a 122 post veteran would know that wouldn't you.

- This is the General Discussion part of the board bright boy.

sarcastic comments like that can also be found to be insulting, yes he got it wrong but no need to be like that when your purporting christian values in the same breath, am i misunderstanding but arent you a good christian? or is that just your father? if its you then you should be ashamed and be helpful to arion instead of sarcastic.

(anyone commenting on some of my sarcastic posts on other boards fine do so, but i have nothing to aspire to but my own values so im not being a hypocrite [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 12-03-2002, 08:41 AM   #75
MagiK

Grunji, I think the young lad brought the esteemed Yorick's comments on him self. He could have worded his ... observation about the GD in a less errr "High Handed" sort of way too ya know.

Old 12-03-2002, 08:43 AM   #76
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Question Mark

Grungi - In defense of Yorick, I have to say that you have made some broad generalizations in your earlier posts. You stated early on that MOST religious people don't follow their religion faithfully. I understand this was based on your own experience, but you did not limit that first generalization to just the ones you had experience with.

Once you make a "generalized" statement like that, any similar statements you make will be viewed in the same light. I had to go back and re-read your post myself to see that you had limited this second example to the religious people you know personally.

Also, it is generally considered condescending to "suggest someone read your post more thoroughly". You do have a point, but perhaps you should also "proofread" your posts before posting and make certain your points are being presented clearly. Maybe you already do this..if so, that's great. I "PREVIEW" every single post I make before actually "ADDING REPLY". Several times, I edit what I've written because I find a better way to word what I'm saying.

I don't mean any offense to you. I'm just offering a little "constructive criticism" (if I may) and some unsolicited advice. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope it won't be taken for anything more than that.

Yorick - I also have to agree with Grungi about the "tone" of your last posts - especially your response to arion. That was more than a little trollish. Are you still wandering in the Realm of the Trolls? The uncharacteristically angry undertone of your post suggests you may. If so, just let it go brother. You've fought the good fight. Come back home and rest awhile.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:51 AM   #77
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
sarcastic comments like that can also be found to be insulting, yes he got it wrong but no need to be like that when your purporting christian values in the same breath, am i misunderstanding but arent you a good christian? or is that just your father? if its you then you should be ashamed and be helpful to arion instead of sarcastic.
Sarcastic was it ? Uh, I believe it was rather said with a huge grin and a twinkle in Yorick's merry eyes.

It's as Yorick's always posted. But you as a 799 post veteran would know that wouldn't you.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:52 AM   #78
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Grunji, I think the young lad brought the esteemed Yorick's comments on him self. He could have worded his ... observation about the GD in a less errr "High Handed" sort of way too ya know.
Wow love DOES mellow you allright !
Old 12-03-2002, 10:20 AM   #79
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I am *devestated*........a lively thread involving religion and I seem to have missed it. ::sigh:: And even Yorrick got in on the fun...
Old 12-03-2002, 10:28 AM   #80
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

On second thought, (and this is a ponderence, not a wailing pity-party), this thread seems to pertain to Christians mainly......which I am not. So I think unless I am invited to participate (and that is *not* a hint), I shall simply read and shake my head at the comments made. I can understand Cerek's points as well as Yorrick's. Grungi has the right to his, as well, but as Cloudy so sweetly points out to us all sooner or later, sweeping generalizations about anything usually leads to trouble.

::applauds Cerek's actions with the strangers at the door.....and points out the wisdom of said actions::