Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 11:32 AM   #11
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Somebody watched the matrix one to many times. Next thing you know, Lioness is going to have a dungeon full of human generators creating the electricity to power her house
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 12-11-2001, 11:37 AM   #12
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Somebody watched the matrix one to many times. Next thing you know, Lioness is going to have a dungeon full of human generators creating the electricity to power her house

I have a funny feeling that I know who'll be the generators... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2001, 11:38 AM   #13
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

e=mc?

I still can't figure out this one from the eighth grade...

If Bob leaves LA on a train traveling 60 mph headed to Hawaii, and if Sam leaves Hawaii on a train traveling 50 mph headed to LA, who gets the wettest?

Personally, I believe Bob is a surfer and has a wet suit, but I can't figure out whether he carried it on the train as luggage or wore it using the formula w=UT/C where C equals comfort?!?!?!!?
Old 12-11-2001, 01:55 PM   #14
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
e=mc?

If Bob leaves LA on a train traveling 60 mph headed to Hawaii, and if Sam leaves Hawaii on a train traveling 50 mph headed to LA, who gets the wettest?

Personally, I believe Bob is a surfer and has a wet suit, but I can't figure out whether he carried it on the train as luggage or wore it using the formula w=UT/C where C equals comfort?!?!?!!?

Answer: The observing woman with a fetish for big trains?

Old 12-11-2001, 01:56 PM   #15
Worm
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:

OOh, how'd you guess?
Now I have to figure out how much energy it takes to keep my city lit, and if I could light the city for a day, week, etc. And I'm memorizing the part of Juliet for no reason whatsoever, and reading Dante's Inferno.

[img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] I'm happy without a life, but I don't think my brain is...

Why don't you just get a lighter and burn things?
Old 12-11-2001, 02:07 PM   #16
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
First, all the energy just don't keep a lightbulb lit. It is powered by electricity, but the electrons in you takes up a very small part of your mass. Less than 0.001 u I am sure.

And ofcourse, to be picky, the bulb would burn out after some time [img]smile.gif[/img]

Technically any form of pure electromagnetic energy may raise the temperature of the bulbs filament to incandescent levels, we just CHOSE to use electrons because it is easy for us to use them and control them and generate them.

Old 12-11-2001, 03:09 PM   #17
Istaron
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
e=mc?

Hmm... I think someone has ate too many mystic mushrooms
Old 12-11-2001, 03:23 PM   #18
Legolas
Jack Burton

For the answer to all your questions, ask the orb. Of course, Link the oracle can't relate the answers anymore...

So I'll do it.

Sam and Bob get equally wet, it's Tim that gets most of the liquid.
Bob's wetsuit is in his luggage, but he has a newspaper, whereas Sam holds a folded umbrella.
Lioness could power the entire world for roughly seven seconds, and her town for three and a half weeks.
She'll learn Julia's part in that same period, and get to the 'abandon all coats' part after Dante has written it, which will last another eternity.

Okay, so I can't understand what the orb says. Sue me. Better yet, don't.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 12-11-2001, 06:24 PM   #19
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
e = mc^2
e = 50 * 300 000 m/s^2
e = 4500000000000 J = 4500000000 KJ = 4500000 MJ = 4500 GJ = 4.5 TJ

Always something [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have to comment on what you said Lioness.
Your total amount of energy ´wouldn't keep a bulb lit for that long time.
First, all the energy just don't keep a lightbulb lit. It is powered by electricity, but the electrons in you takes up a very small part of your mass. Less than 0.001 u I am sure.

And ofcourse, to be picky, the bulb would burn out after some time [img]smile.gif[/img]

I believe she means that she will turn all the matter in her body into pure energy via 100% efficient method, then convert this energy into electrical energy via another 100% efficeint conversion.

Now who needs to get out more???

(BTW Lioness, I think you might have forgotten to square the speed of light)
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 12-11-2001, 06:59 PM   #20
Lioness
Jack Burton

No, Staralfur, i remembered that, but the time is approximate, if my energy is rounded to 6.5 billion.

However, I realized (I think) that if I were able to stay lit for over 4 million years, I would only be a one watt bulb. If a hundred watt bulb, it would be over 47 thousand years, only. Only.