Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2001, 10:29 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I have been seeing a increase of the number of mods around.

I have seen Cloudy, Larry and Mouse all have the mod title, in addition of course to Sazs, Javi, Memnoch and all the others.

And why am I not a mod??!?!
Old 11-16-2001, 10:55 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, I do believe Mouse claims a Mod position because he is fairly familiar with Darkstone. Cloudbringer.. well she is her own explanation. I guess you can say becoming a Mod is like being promoted to Assistant Manager, unless you are REALLY good, it will most likely not happen.
Old 11-16-2001, 11:03 PM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

There are four new moderators.
Larry, Cloudy, Mouse and Scronan
Old 11-16-2001, 11:16 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
I guess you can say becoming a Mod is like being promoted to Assistant Manager, unless you are REALLY good, it will most likely not happen.

My theory is not that I am really good, but that I love the opportunity that I have found in playing RPGs with the members here. Since Ziroc made the thread, he needed somebody to keep it clean, and probably knew that my time would be spent there more-so than any other place. I have proven that I believe in the rules and I try to uphold them as best I can. I do not go out looking for trouble, and I am usually on at all times day and night.

Cloudy? ...Well, maybe Ziroc was running out of avatars to use, and decided to just make her a moderator so that she would not reach supreme cat-hood...which is [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img]
That is Ziroc's personal avatar, and was fearing that she may make it up to that level...
Old 11-16-2001, 11:22 PM   #5
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

Grand-ranger's sig picture slows my computer a looooot
Old 11-16-2001, 11:25 PM   #6
Nanobyte

Well, you know, REALLY GOOD could also be considered well experienced, devoted, and mainly trustworthy. I have noticed that in most cases, when we may lose our cool, the Mods always seem to keep the peace, remain calm themselves, and represent authority at the same time showing compassion and friendship. All those good things, and more (I think) would qualify a person as a Mod..
Old 11-16-2001, 11:26 PM   #7
Nanobyte

quote:
Originally posted by Barloc:

Most animations do..
Old 11-16-2001, 11:31 PM   #8
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Barloc:

Shite I have just noticed the size of GR sig is 3/4 of a megabyte.
GrandRanger Id resize that one in a hurry.
Old 11-16-2001, 11:33 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just as an aside: most of these new mods are on the gaming boards, and were selected because of their particular expertise and interest in those games. And yes, the ability to remain *relatively* calm in a crisis and be a peacekeeper, being very personable and helping others, all helps Ziroc decide who "ascends".

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-16-2001, 11:37 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Well, you know, REALLY GOOD could also be considered well experienced, devoted, and mainly trustworthy. I have noticed that in most cases, when we may lose our cool, the Mods always seem to keep the peace, remain calm themselves, and represent authority at the same time showing compassion and friendship. All those good things, and more (I think) would qualify a person as a Mod..

Oh yeah...I have heard that before...I am going to have to remember those wise words...thanks for reminding me!

One bad thing about receiveing the call is that there is no Hand-book of instruction, no seminars in Florida, and not even an e-mail saying the do's and dont's of IW moderating. I basically am in the mind-set of "What would Saz say to that guy?" or..."would Memnoch allow that here?"

I have gone 4 days and I still have a job!
I must be doing something right!