Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 02:24 AM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ok, im not really complaining, just voicing my opinion too see if anyone agrees with me or if there is any way of fixing it.

Anyways, at the momment, I see two annoying things:
*The way your character jumps is extremely crap and unrealisticly
*Te draw distance is horrible, I can undertand its a demanding game, but for people like TCB and I we *could* run the game at a higher distance.

Don't get me wrong, its not bad, but it could be better, then again, im sure its something that can be tweaked and there are probably other people who have figured it out already...

So have any of you guys who are clearly further in the game than me got anything you find annoying so I can be prepared?
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:40 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Erm...yeah, that's what leveling up is for, remember ? You expect your character to make NBA Allstar sort of jumps right from the start ? If you played Morrowind, you'll remember that your character at first pretty much sucked at everything, spellcasting was poor, meleefighting miserable, lockpicking impossible, and speed and jumping wasn't a picknick either, but after leveling up a bit, things improved rapidly, and eventually i jumped off high buildings and mountains, and ran faster than the olympic gold medallist at the 100 mtrs dash.

You're forming an opinion on a game you haven't even fully experienced yet, give it some time.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:08 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

No no no you don't understand, when the player jumps, the character animation just lifts and then slowly falls to the ground as if gravity has just halved it's affect, I understand that your skills improve with practice, but I meant the way you jump and the animation were crap
Old 03-25-2006, 04:28 AM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
No no no you don't understand, when the player jumps, the character animation just lifts and then slowly falls to the ground as if gravity has just halved it's affect, I understand that your skills improve with practice, but I meant the way you jump and the animation were crap
As far as I remember it was like that in Morrowind too. It's mostly a first person game, but I don't think creating a jump animation would have killed them...
Old 03-25-2006, 05:36 AM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Oh god, it's exactly the same when you get on a horse [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2006, 06:16 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Oh god, it's exactly the same when you get on a horse [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
LOL...it took me quite a while until i got used to controlling a horse, it's easier in real life. Kinda reminded me of my first moments in Gun.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Anyone else think horse suck?

I bought a black one, then got the special assasin one Shadowmere or something like that.

Both keep dying. The black one was killed by a bear, and the super assasin horse got killed by a bandit when I left it away from the dungeon I had to get to for my mission.

They keep getting killed all the time, it's ridicullous. I had to reload a bunch of times to save my horse, eventually I just stoped caring. You know, I'd be running up the road and get ambushed by a bandit or two, and before I can get out they attack the horse, and keep attacking it while I'm trying to kill them. Another horse down. When travelling outside on a horse, I usually have to reload to just before the ambush, go kill the ennemies on foot while hoping nothing show up to attack my horse. It get old fast.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #8
WSBoaBoa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes the jumping animation is not that great, its been like that in Morrowind. I am playing an Argonian and have gotten to around level 6 or so. I find the game very good. I have always liked Bethsofts TES line and played it from day one. Own a copy of every one since Arena.

Anyways, I do wish they would at least make the game playable on cards they say they support. I feel for the people buying it then finding out that they jsut blew 60 bucks on the game.
WSBoaBoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:47 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Anyone else think horse suck?

I bought a black one, then got the special assasin one Shadowmere or something like that.

Both keep dying. The black one was killed by a bear, and the super assasin horse got killed by a bandit when I left it away from the dungeon I had to get to for my mission.

They keep getting killed all the time, it's ridicullous. I had to reload a bunch of times to save my horse, eventually I just stoped caring. You know, I'd be running up the road and get ambushed by a bandit or two, and before I can get out they attack the horse, and keep attacking it while I'm trying to kill them. Another horse down. When travelling outside on a horse, I usually have to reload to just before the ambush, go kill the ennemies on foot while hoping nothing show up to attack my horse. It get old fast.
lol! I went to the Pryory and attacked the horses--just to see what would happen.... They all chased my ass through the hills! I was dying laughing. suckers keep a grudge.

But yeh, I agree about the controls. The horse would be easier to control if it only used mouselook. (I bet its like it is because of bloody consoles). [img]smile.gif[/img]

A paint horse is lame (REALLY lame) I can walk faster! [img]smile.gif[/img] The black one is nice though. I DO like the fact that is you warp from town to town on the map, your horse is there with you. nice!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:57 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I DO like the fact that is you warp from town to town on the map, your horse is there with you. nice!
There's one bad thing to that. Most everything beside cities are guarded by ennemies, so if you teleport somewhere your horse will teleport too and get attacked. That's how I lost the assasin horse. I warped to a camp that was close to the dungeon I had to get to, and it looked empty. I got out of the camp and left my horse away and closer to the dungeon in an empty, I then went on foot the rest of the way.

Turn out there must have been an ennemy around the camp and he followed, I eventually got a message saying my horse got killed.

If I ever mod the game, the first thing I'll do is try to find out if I can make the horse unattackable or raise their health. I paid 5000 for my black horse, I'd expect it to survive one ennemy. Or the unique assasin devil horse, it should have been stronger...
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote