Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 10:55 PM   #1
DeamonMonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I think I'm *almost* done with the game for the first time and I've been thinking of going through again (this time with the Trang) but with a smaller party.

Heres the one I'm using now
Dwarf Fighter
Mook Bard
Farie Mage
Farie Alchemist
Hobbit Rouge
Felpur (well one of the hairy ones) Valk
Vi
Madras

I especialy like Madras and want a gaget guy in my next party, I'd also like to use less guys and no rpcs, so I'll get more levels and development (thats true right?)

So heres what I'm thinking
Samuria, lots of cool unique stuff for these guys I want one
Mook Ranger, For that sexy big sword, and more ranger specific stuff
Bishop, They seem good if done right, I want one
Gadgeteer, at lv 14 hes doing almoust 70 damage a turn with his gun O.O
and Maybe a Ninja or some such?

any advice is welcomed
DeamonMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 11:02 PM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Yah, i like it, maybe a Bard or Rogue instead of Ninja; the Gad could do L&T and the Bard or Rogue could do the PP. I say Bard mostly because many of the places i don't go unless i have a Bard also have Gad equipment, so if your collecting Gad stuff...
But OTOH, Rogues can be some slicing machines withthat Backstab...
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 03:18 AM   #3
ferro287
Manshoon

I'd throw in a Lord/Valkyrie for the priest spellbook and all the best weapons/armour. Special ability ability dual is prolly better than polearms (unless you plan to jump from the tree in trynton on a regular basis, when cheating death is useful ), So i'd opt for a Lord. Good for frontrow, next to samurai, better there than a rogue, since he'll take half the damage.
Dealing less damage than a rogue, but on the same learning curve as most of the party.

Edit: Oops, welcome DeamonMonkey!

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[ 02-03-2004, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: ferro287 ]
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 07:12 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

You could add in a bard as Scatter said. IMO they are the third best meleer after fighter and rogue, and also can get some quite good instruments.

BTW welcome to Ironworks!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 07:22 AM   #5
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
So i'd opt for a Lord. Good for frontrow, next to samurai, better there than a rogue, since he'll take half the damage.
A rogue aside a samurai takes nearly no damage, due to his stealth skill. The monsters will mostly ignore the stealty character with better AC and choose another target. In my last game, with monk, rogue and bard in front, the bard recieved most damage, even though he had about the same AC.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:04 AM   #6
Kylospylon
The Magister

Hmmm... with the gadgie, ranger + bishop, looks like a strong ranged party - you may want to consider playing it that way. If so, I would suggest adding a ninja, as they are expert at thrown-range combat. With the gadgie taking locks and traps, it frees up your ninja a bit. You could take a faerie ninja, and go melee later in the game.

If you go ninja, you may want to beef up your ranger and samurai, coz they'll be your pseudo-tanks this time through (melee is pretty unavoidable sometimes).
Old 02-03-2004, 09:55 PM   #7
DeamonMonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'd like to try a party with all diffrent classes than the one I have now. I also kind of messed up my Rouge, got frustrated and gave him a bow, but hes decent (I think) now. The Bard is also using a Sling...

So what your saying is a set up like this

Front: Samurai and Ranger
Middle: Bishop
Flanks: (L) Gadgeteer (R) Ninja

Does that look like it could work? and how would I go about making a Faerie Ninja?!

Oh and thanks for the welcome!
Old 02-03-2004, 10:12 PM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

You make a faerie ninja the same way you do any other: choose the race, choose the profession, choose the gender. That's all there is to it.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:44 PM   #9
DeamonMonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I got that

I meant how do I make sure it doesn't die, and it can kill things
Old 02-04-2004, 05:04 AM   #10
ferro287
Manshoon

Well, a faerie ninja is the precise contrary of a ranged fighter. Not an expert at throwing, but much rather glued to the cursed cane. You'd need to put him in the front again, and the stealth would hurt the samurai.

With your options i'd go:
Front:Samurai,Lord,
Middle:Bishop,Ranger
Back:Gadgeteer

with ranger and gadgeteer protecting the flanks if surrounded. Ofc you can switch the lord for a faerie ninja, but it seems less balanced to me (only a single char with sane mind can turn out bad).
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote