Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2001, 10:36 PM   #1
Alarik
Welcomed New User

Ok I am starting a game for the first time and I have thought of a possible party. I would like some advice, though.

Dracon Fighter
Elven Ranger
Felpurr Ninja
Rawulf Bishop (specializing in alchemy and divinity?)
Hobbit Bard
Fairie Psionic

I think this party will be decent, but I am not at all sure what each classes capabilities are. I have a pretty good idea of how fighters and rangers operate from the demo, but i am unsure of the other classes. I assume a ninja does not do much damage per hit, but gets lots of attacks. I also hear they get insta-kills occasionally? how do those work, and how often do they happen? also, just how fast will a ninja eventually attack if i max speed on it? will more attacks give me a better chance of getting an instant kill? also...i have hear that bards are very useful for the instruments. What are examples of some of the instrument effects? (no location or name spoilers please, just what some of the cooler ones do). Will a divine/alchemy bishop and a psionic be enough pure magic? also, if i split points between divnity and alchemy with my bishop, will i ever get good group heal spells and a resurrestion spell. what kind of potions can be made, and what does it cost/take to make them?

hehe i rtealize thats a lot of questions for one post, but id really appreciate some help. if you see any way i could make the party stronger, just tell me, ok?

::edit-do monks get instant kills, too? if so, how do tehy stack up to the ninja in terms of speed, damage per hit, and instant kill percentage?::
Alarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 11:03 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

i can tell you about Darling, my hobbit bard. she's level 14, and has instruments that cast the musical equivalent of spells: Bless, Shrill Sound, Armormelt, Haste, Slow, Insanity and Silence. i beleive that i heard there are instruments that will heal and ressurect too.

there are many ways to accomplish what different classes do. from the instruments my bard has you can see that she casts some great spells that my mage and priestess both have. my priestess even has a spell to rival my monk's and ranger's insta-kills!

don't forget, in addition to instruments, you will find potions and powders that will do many of the priestess' spells.

i think you can do well. it's been shown on this board, based on all the many different parties people are making, that any combo can finish the game. there is only one prerequisite: make a party with whom you can have fun and love being around.

::edit~ monks rock!! i adore my Swishie. she gets crits and insta-kills all the time. just concentrate on her main skills: STR, INT, SPD and SNS. at 50, she got double attacks, so that she was doing double swings with double attacks on her hands and her feet. that's like ... what? 8 attacks? niiice!
Old 12-16-2001, 01:33 AM   #3
Davrem
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You really can't go wrong with the bard in my oppinion..they also get Pandemonium, Turncoat, Party heal. The bard will replace with decent efficiency the Priest (party heal) and or a any caster that you use for status attacks (insane, sleep, Turncoat). As long as the Bard has stamina up the yin yang...or low stamina with an alchemist Stamina spell...your all good for the basics of staying alive. Hope that helps [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2001, 02:15 AM   #4
Merkin
Manshoon

I agree completely about Bards...don't leave home without one.

MINOR SPOILER
Make your Bard a female, there's a really handy stamina regeneration amulet for females only pretty early in the game.