Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 10:02 AM   #1
Elorian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everybody!

I defeated the Mantraps with Dragonbreath. I quickly ran to the Shurgeon Castle, behind the corner. And from this corner I targeted at the Mantraps. It took time, but it is ok for a party, that is not so "high-leveld".

I really prefer "incinerate", the storm-spells or "lifesteal". But "Petrification" is cool - the only thing is, when you use this on persons, you don't get the things they drop .

Elorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 12:33 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

If you use Flamedrop, it will continue to damage the stoned enemies. Perhaps they will drop items, I'm not sure..
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 08:36 PM   #3
Tananda
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Elorian:

But "Petrification" is cool - the only thing is, when you use this on persons, you don't get the things they drop .
Actually you get the things they drop - just continue to damage the stoned enemy with offensive spells and after he is dead pick all his items . In my last two games I've killed that awful "Traveler" (aka Grue Morde) right near the gates of Valeya with Petrifacation&Spells, and every time got his stuff (he had an ankh - not bad). Unfortunately his death means nothing for the game...

And WELCOME TO THE FORUM, Elorian!
Good luck,
Tanda

Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 04:58 AM   #4
MarkPalmer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,

The first 3 times I met the mantraps my party was wiped out without my ever knowing they were there. They came up behind while I was in battle with someone else. Some yellow haze and then poison and paralysis, end of story.

Before the screen went to the party dead scene, I noticed the words "Amazoni Mantraps" and then searched this forum and that's where I found out all about them.

So this time I went hunting for them by day and always checking my six. Someone posted that you could sneak around behind them by going up near the burnt out house with those annoying rats. That didn't work. But only by going by day I was able to spot one around a corner. My wizard got his petrification spell ready and then real life intervened. I used pause and save to pause the game but every time I came back to the game it was bloody dark again. Between real life and no proper pause function it was over a week before I could find the buggers again.

I got the one I spotted with a petrification spell which turned out to be the best move I could have made. Its petrified body blocked all the others, which I didn't know were right behind it. Just using burn from my Wizard (level 12 with level 3 sun illuminaton as my highest level sun spell) I had almost burned it away. I glad I didn't as his 3 mates were right behind him.

I stayed there out of range of them and blew them all away with burn spells as petrification failed to work ever again even though each mantrap got hit by them 3 or 4 times. So I just shot past the stoned one until I got them all. It took longer because they wouldn't stand still and be fried like mantraps.

What really annoyed me was the troll pain speller who kept me at very long range as the cursor wouldn't changed from my stone block to him.
MarkPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 05:15 PM   #5
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

i was wondering how you killed grue mode in the beginning of the game as the "traveler" thx =) i'll try it
KAR_MOD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 05:17 PM   #6
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

i was wondering how you killed grue mode in the beginning of the game as the "traveler" thx i'll try it
KAR_MOD1 is offline   Reply With Quote