Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2001, 09:12 PM   #1
Duneswalker
Dungeon Master

Ok I know this is a tired subject, I know I'm tired of it, but this is the last decision regarding my party I have to make. I just dualed my fighter to thief so I'm dropping my thief, this opens a slot.

My party is:

Human Paladin
Human Fighter/Thief L13/x
Dwarf Fighter
Human Fighter/Cleric L7/x
Human Figher/Diviner L9/x

What should I pick up? I am debating between

? Driud
Half Elf Bard
Gnome Illusionist/Cleric
Other?

I know some people are bard fanatics but I'm reluctant for two reasons, one it almost sounds like warchant of the Sith will spoil the game, it sounds over powered, and second I have a hard time roleplaying some faggot who dances around in tights playing a harp in the heat of a bloody battle.

Whats your opinion?

Thanks.
Duneswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 10:27 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Taking your two ideas that you seem to have chosen, I would take Gnome Illusionist/Cleric.
But that is my opinion.
Pratically, I would not have chosen my party the way you did, but you have your reasons for wanting it that way, so I think the Gnome Illusionist/Cleric would be the best for you.

------------------

Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 10:56 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Druid! Take the druid, they get good spells in HoW and can fight ok. Kinda thinking the same way on the bard, I mean who the hell strums the harp when your getting an axe swung at you? Most unrealistic stupid character there is in AD&D. Anyway, Druids get good thats my pick
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 05:22 AM   #4
Duneswalker
Dungeon Master

I plan to play a Heart of Fury game after I finish this one (insane). Do I need a bard for HOF?

Larry, I like to see other peoples ideas what would you have in your party?
Duneswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 08:08 AM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Duneswalker:
Ok I know this is a tired subject, I know I'm tired of it, but this is the last decision regarding my party I have to make. I just dualed my fighter to thief so I'm dropping my thief, this opens a slot.

My party is:

Human Paladin
Human Fighter/Thief L13/x
Dwarf Fighter
Human Fighter/Cleric L7/x
Human Figher/Diviner L9/x

What should I pick up? I am debating between

? Driud
Half Elf Bard
Gnome Illusionist/Cleric
Other?

I know some people are bard fanatics but I'm reluctant for two reasons, one it almost sounds like warchant of the Sith will spoil the game, it sounds over powered, and second I have a hard time roleplaying some faggot who dances around in tights playing a harp in the heat of a bloody battle.

Whats your opinion?

Thanks.
I would take a helf elf fighter/druid. Multi class of course. This char can use every armor, shield, etc. Gets to wield good weapons and awesome spells to back him/her up. They are a little weak in the beginning but after a few levels they become one of the most powerfull char. in the game.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 12:57 PM   #6
Havok
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since you seem to be light in the mage department, choose a "Female" Bard. They're good backup mages and the Bardsongs are "Very Useful". With their high charisma, they can front for your party in merchant negotiations on weapons, scrolls, etc...mine has saved me a bundle of gold. Also, being a female, you don't have to worry about roleplaying "some f****t in tights. Mine is blonde, an elf, and wears red tights...she's a hotty so I don't mind her at all.

Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 09:42 PM   #7
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Current Party: Human Ranger & Elven Fighter/Thief

Cake walk unitl the lowest level of Vale of Shadows and the lower levels of Dragons Eye. Only problems are healing and not enough room to carry all items. Advantage is they level up really fast. Ranger lvl 8 and ftr/thief 7/7 before assualting the last part of Dragon Eye.

Its a challange. Lots of hit and run. And very minimal micromanaging.
tequila is offline   Reply With Quote