Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 12:16 AM   #1
MannyL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I'm new here.

I've been in contact via E-mail with Bioware's support and they have been unable to resolve my problem so now I turn to you the community.

My hardware-

Athlon 1.0 Ghz with 512MB Ram, GeForce4 Ti 4200 [NV25.4] with Windows XP Service Pack 1 installed. Windows is on Drive C, I have tried with BG II on C or D and I get the same problem.

I'm running Shadows Of Amin with the most recent patch.

With any spell casting character to go into spell casting mode I have to go into inventory mode then back to the game, click on the spell icon that is appropiate then choose a spell and a target within 8-10 seconds. If I don't the spell screen exits. The only way to get back into the spell screen is to go back to inventory mode then do it all over again. This happens in a real game or in training mode. Obviously this makes the game almost impossible to play so any help anyone can provide would be appreciated GREATLY.
MannyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:11 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Are you using a wireless keyboard or mouse? They have been known to cause these kind of issues.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:21 AM   #3
MannyL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Are you using a wireless keyboard or mouse? They have been known to cause these kind of issues.
You almost caused me to spray Diet Sprite onto the keyboard and screen. YES! I am using a Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Mouse. I have closed down the wireless software but that did not solve anything (one of the first things I tried) I do not have a wired keyboard or mouse, so short of buying that are there any known fixes?
Old 11-06-2003, 03:16 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Credit to theholyavenger.

Quote:
The logitech drivers don't seem to be compatible with the BG series (or most of the games). To solve this problem, you have to "update" your drivers back to the ones Win XP provided for your mouse AND keyboard (that is the drivers you originally have before installing the Logitech drivers). Uninstalling won't work, as Win XP just installs them back the next time you restart your computer.

Here's how you do it:

1. Go to Control Panel, find and click on System-->Hardware-->Device Manager

2. Choose "update driver" for your mouse/keyboard

3. Select "Install froma list or specific location" and click next.

4. Select "Don't Search, I will choose the driver to install" and click next.

5. Select "PS/2 Compatible Mouse" for your mouse, and "Standard 101/102 key" for your keyboard.

Be aware that after you've done this, you'll sacrifice all the amazing features the Logitech keyboard has to offer to users. But you can always reinstall them back after you've finished BGII.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:25 AM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

You've been in contact with BioWare's support and they did not tell you that?
Wow, I have the greatest respect for BioWare fro bringing us these exceptional games, but that?
I must admit that I myself wouldn't know it if I hadn't read it on another thread some time ago (IIRC it was also Dundee who answered there), but I'd expect the technical support to know such things.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:46 AM   #6
MannyL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

At no point did they ask if I was using a wireless keyboard or mouse. I am now changing the drivers and hope that is successful. Minsk and Boo need me
Old 11-06-2003, 12:24 PM   #7
MannyL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dundee Slaytern: Problem is now fixed. I thank you for your help.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:27 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

No problem, though credit goes to theholyavenger as well.