Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2002, 04:20 PM   #1
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

im on chapter 6 and i wanna boost exp b4 murdering Bodhi.
so i figured best start by finishin off firkraag.
so i run in, cast chant, bless haste (the usual) and get loads of summons.
attack and get defeated (tho not so easy as when i tried way back in chapter 3. i can get him down to injured as a pose to uninjured, buuuuut i still cant kill him.
any tips and help would be nice.
my party r all about 13/14.
i must beat firkraag, i want and need the experience badly (as i cheated by murdering everyone for the dragon eggs in ust natha.) not that i would've got much experience there any way.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:34 PM   #2
purre
Banned

Ok,this works SOMETIMES.
Take lots of (and I really mean lots of) cloudkills and icestorms,and go near enough Firgraag,but dont let the black area go off. Then cast all of your cloudkills and icestorms on him and wait.Sometimes he doesnt heal himsef,sometimes he does.It is my first hand experience that you can kill Firgraag without even seeing him.This takes lots of time and patience,because he heals himself almost everytime.Ok,I know that this is a wimpy way to kill him...but it was a desperate situation when I tried this.
purre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 04:37 PM   #3
Brennihelvete

Never a day without a Firkraag post right?
Well heres how I ALMOST utterly destroyed the dragon in chapter two:
First I summoned some skeletons and wolves and an air elemental. Then I had Aerie cast Mirror Image and Mislead on herself. Then I cast, Fire resistance on my summons with Jaheira, while Aerie cast protection from evil 10 radius, chant, stength of one, resist fear, chaos command on wolf, and my archer casted bless. So off I went to face the dragon. I surrounded him with summons and put Aerie behind him. I started the battle with a lower resistance spell casted on Firkraag. Then I had a wand of lightning and I tell you, lightning spells work wonders on that beast. My summons were slaughtered but I had Jaheira on a safe distance in the rear, summoning more as needed. Meanwhile Aerie bombarded him with lightning and soon the dragon was near death. I was gonna go for the kill with a minor sequencer loaded with 2 magic missiles but when the spell was casted my pc crashed so I have to do it all over again. If u got ranged attackers try to use bolts of lightning or any weapon with lightning damage. His weak point is lightning so thats they way to go with him... Good Luck...
Old 11-06-2002, 04:37 PM   #4
purre
Banned

Easier way is known as "fake talk",you go to talk to him,but on your way to him,you change the talk to attakc.During hacking him,you must quite often do this,so he wont get mad.Better success rate than in the adwise I gave before. Another wimpy way...
Old 11-06-2002, 04:40 PM   #5
Brennihelvete

Quote:
Originally posted by purre:
Ok,this works SOMETIMES.
Take lots of (and I really mean lots of) cloudkills and icestorms,and go near enough Firgraag,but dont let the black area go off. Then cast all of your cloudkills and icestorms on him and wait.Sometimes he doesnt heal himsef,sometimes he does.It is my first hand experience that you can kill Firgraag without even seeing him.This takes lots of time and patience,because he heals himself almost everytime.Ok,I know that this is a wimpy way to kill him...but it was a desperate situation when I tried this.
I used that tactic on the shadow dragon in chapter two with a rather low lvl party. Then I installed the baldurash patch which disables this tactic. if you have the baldurash patch the dragon will run after you if u cast anything harmful on or towards him.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:42 PM   #6
Brennihelvete

Btw none of my melee characters seem to hit him with anything. What weapon will hurt him? is it +3 and above or +4?
Old 11-06-2002, 04:43 PM   #7
purre
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Brennihelvete:
qb]
I used that tactic on the shadow dragon in chapter two with a rather low lvl party. Then I installed the baldurash patch which disables this tactic. if you have the baldurash patch the dragon will run after you if u cast anything harmful on or towards him.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Ok,I dont apparently have that baldurash,try the other one then.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:44 PM   #8
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

so i should comfortably take him on??? at the level i am at?
Old 11-06-2002, 05:02 PM   #9
Brennihelvete

Depends on your tactics and lvl of party + items of course. The higher the lvl and the better the weapons the easier it will get. It took me some time to find out a tactic that work, and when I finally did my pc crashed
You could try one of purres tactics above, if you dont have baldurash just cast magic resistance on him which will actually lower his resitance, then spam cloudkills till he is dead. He wont be able to touch you. THats the easiest way to do it...
Old 11-06-2002, 05:12 PM   #10
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

i dunno wots happening, he keeps beating me. i did beat him in the end but everyone was dead cept for my main char (i would've carried on if aerie was still alive (reform the party,get mazzy etc....) but he just wont die. i am getting desparate. wat is this talk to him while u kill him tactic? i really need the exp so plz help me!!!