Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 10:57 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER

Sazerac, Editor
Contributing Sports Photojournalist: Skywalker (Mark)
Investigative Reporter/Photojournalist: Adam Warlock

Third Heat: Shiva Lovecraft Defeats Erathsmedor, Later Evidence Shows Rigging

Shiva Lovecraft, now Assassin Vampire, has defeated the great dragon of the North, Erathsmedor, in the 10,000,000 ducat match financed by Torin, Son of Grunaxe.

"It took 853 hits to finish him," Shiva reported after the epic battle. "I did it without armor, jewelry, or any protective spells whatsoever. I was still able to obtain the Mavin sword and exit the Spire, leaving him to rot behind. Biting dragons does heal a vampire, so my fellow kindred, do take note!"

Many of the proponents of the dragon are enraged at the vampire's behavior and at her erstwhile comments about Erathsmedor after the battle was over. Sources say that contracts have been taken out on Shiva Lovecraft in retaliation for her killing the last of the Ancient Dragons.

THIS JUST IN: There is considerable evidence that the match between Lovecraft and the Great Wyrm was rigged. Sources have reported that a dragon that purports to be Erathsmedor has been seen flying over the Shire, and that no body has been recovered. It is now believed that Erathsmedor "took a fall" in the fight for various convoluted reasons, which the Gael Serran Examiner is ferreting out.

Torin, financer of the battle, is enraged. "This is elaborate scheme to rob a poor foreign hunter of generous gift!" he fumed. "I was presented with 10 million ducats by a warlock named Adam recently, and planned to use this to see the end of this most pernicious beast! That warlock accused me of taking his money by mistake. I told him that a gift was a gift, and that nothing would bring back my father. This is a setup, a hoax! I am duped! I have lost face! I will see them all dead!"

Indeed, there seems to be some substantiation to Torin's wild claims. The following candid shot was taken by one of our own secret team after the battle.

Look closely, gentle readers. The heretic Kol, one of the bookmakers in the betting on the match between Shiva and Erathsmedor, is passing the great dragon (quite alive and well) what appears to be a giant bag of ... ducats!

Yes, it's true, friends...Erathsmedor has received kickbacks on the bets from the fight, as has several other key figures, including the young warlock, who has allegedly received the bulk of his funds back from the bogus match.

Shiva Lovecraft purports to know nothing of this "arrangement". "I defeated him in good faith!" she said indignantly. "I am the winner! I knew nothing of this shady, underhanded deal. That dragon was dead when I left him, and if dark magics reanimated him for purposes of humiliating me and the honorable Torin, then I say that this sport has met a very sad end, indeed!"

Neither the dragon nor Kol were available for questioning. We were able to catch up with Hephaestus, cavern-mate of Erathsmedor. His only reply was, "Erathsmedor's actions have always been above reproach. I trust my friend and believe in his integrity. He would never do something so dishonest as to throw a fight and receive a payoff for it."

The inventor gnome was unimpressed when shown the evidential picture. "Magical images are easy to tamper with," he said. "Anyway, has anyone ever seen a ducat bag that big? Use a little sense!"

So the investigation into the alleged rigging of the fight continues.

Keep watching for updates to the Gael Serran Examiner. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

-Sazerac, Editor

Back issues of the Gael Serran Examiner now available!

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 04-08-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 11:42 PM   #2
Moni

heh heh heh Nice to see that Adam got at least SOME of his money back! He deserved it!

Moni
Old 04-09-2001, 09:38 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!!!

Life in Gael Serran is sooooooo interesting!!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:41 AM   #4
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"Hey! hey! *covers face* it's legit deal between Shiva, Torin, and me I tell you! It's an innocent deal! I didn't know any Kol. I never talked to him!"

to add: "Besides isn't Hephaestus blind? so How can he see the money?"

LOL Saz! it's great!

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 04-09-2001).]
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 11:07 AM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hmm....quite a battle there. Poor Torin....I guess he'll be back to being a pauper again...but a true Samurai's wealth is in his code of the Bushido.

I would think that Haephaesuts although blind, can SMELL money. Don't Gnomes have highly developed senses of smell, I mean what ARE those big noses for anyway?

Great stuff!

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 07:39 PM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

Thanx Saz,
And an interesting twist of the tale, indeed!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 08:04 AM   #7
skywalker
Banned User

Bumping up in support of Vampires!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote