Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 03:11 PM   #1
edoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am trying to increase my Wizardry Skill with my bishop and increase my Alchemical Skill with my Ninja. Which spells do I need to cast in order to increase these two particular skills. Both my Wizardry and Alchemical skills are a measly 23 and I would like to get them up around 50. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Loki
edoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 03:18 PM   #2
Silverthornne
Dungeon Master

I am not 100% sure since I don't have a bishop, but I think you'd have to cast spells that use those skills in order for them to increase. And I am not talking just fire/mental/earth whatever, but the casting base skills themselves. Take a look at the spells list in the manual and it tells you which spells belong to which school. Following that list, Light can be cast by Alchemists, Mages, and Priests but Fireball can only be cast by Mages (which use Wizardry to cast their spells) so I would think that repeated casts of Fireball would help to improve Wizardry on a Bishop. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?
Old 02-14-2002, 03:42 PM   #3
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Hey Loki - with the Ninja, any spells will increase Alchemy as it is the only spellbook he learns them from. Also you can increase it by mixing together potions/powders you find (do them one at a time rather than in groups, each seperate mixing helps raise it). The best spell to raise Alchemy quickly if you don't mind a "practice" session is knock knock; use it repeatedly on the bank vault in Arnika under the jail, just don't make it powerful enough to actually open it up or you'll get busted [img]smile.gif[/img] Cast as many low level ones as you can on it, then rest to recover the spell points and keep going.

Your Bishop is more complicated because he knows all 4 spellbooks. When you cast spells that *only* in the mage's spellbook, that will raise Wizardry. Or if Wizardry is higher than his skill in another book(s) that a spell can be found in (for example, Light - it's in mage, alchemist and priest spell books), then that spell will raise Wizardry too. So if he was 23 Wizardry, 20 Divinity, 20 Alchemy and cast light, it would raise his Wizardry skill because it's the highest. It would never raise the other two. If Divinity were 25 though then it would raise Divinity only.

Hope that helps
Old 02-14-2002, 05:48 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

See page 104 in the manual. That has a list of all Wizardry spells, so looking at that should tell you what to concentrate on to build up the Wizardry skill.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote