Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 06:13 AM   #1
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

one of the options about dealing with this quest is to collect a tear from veira and convert ot to a enchanted dagger. when i used my monk to speak to her( i assume high wisdom is what is required of the speaker) i get another option of telling her that i'll return if i find anything to help her with. mind you this is after i give her a part of the ship that belonged to her husband. so i went around talking to all the people i could talk to esp ulbrec's wife, and kohlum bonecutter. but to no avail. please let me know if there is some other use to her other than that dagger. does she have any connection to the forest of ghosts that we meet later? i'm currently retrieving emma moonblade's sword after crushing the broken tusk clan of torak.
thanks.
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:43 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

This is a stand-alone quest and has nothing to do with the ghosts in the forest or anywhere else. It's also optional; not completing it has no effect on the game's main plot.

It's been awhile now, but I think you need a vial from Ulbrec's wife to catch the tear before the ghost disappears. Unfortunately, I no longer remember exactly how you get the vial.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

There is nothing to do with Vierna other than obtain a dagger or gold, though she does mention that she will meet you again and I have never found her... Maybe there's a sidequest in a later city, but for now theres nothing else to do.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Nope, she never appears again in the game anywhere. I suspect this is an unfinished quest thing and that she was supposed to show up, possibly in the endgame, to give you a hand with something. Only she doesn't

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:03 PM   #5
Vassago
Manshoon

***Spoiler***
The inn keeper has the vial. Question him about the widow and he'll give it to you. Get it identified and then ask Umbrec's wife about it. She'll tell you to use it to obtain a tear from the widow. After you have given her the ship piece, you can ask her for a tear as a favor for solving her woes.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:37 AM   #6
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

well last time i played the game to the 5th chapter and then couldn't continue for some reason. maybe like marty says she may appear later. i think i'll wait for her especially since i took the dagger last time and anyways we can get better daggers in the game. moreover the dagger being for my rogue, whom i don't use as a melee fighter nor to backstab (yet), i don't think it needs to be a priority.

anyway is there anyway we can prevent the destruction of the shaengarne bridge. i didn't get distracted by xuki (or something like that) but the bridge collapses nonetheless.

????

so far i'm about to meet gunthma inside the horde fortress. will keep things posted. thanks guys!!
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 01:13 AM   #7
javan
Zhentarim Guard

I usually have my characters race to the two ogres who are destroying the bridge. Try using stealth or invisibility to bypass the interveening monsters.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:19 AM   #8
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

the weeping widow promises to help you out later WHEN you free her, so you still should.

In the shaengarne bridge area, you will notice the ogres destroying the posts. Ignoring the enemies to the west, melee your way past the blocking orcs and bugbears. Note that the bugbears will call reinforcements if not attended to quickly. Once you are on the bridge itself, ignore Xuki's talking like you did, and use your magic to attack her while your warriors rush the ogres (they won't attack your guys unless the bridge is destroyed). Once Xuki is down, your mages can help.

If you do this without those posts being destroyed, then it is impossibly for the bridge to be destroyed (unless you do it yourself [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ). You can take a rest if you want, then clear out the west. Congrats, you win.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #9
Vassago
Manshoon

In addition, saving the bridge from being destroyed grants you xp.