Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2004, 08:05 PM   #21
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by SMIV:
Wow...I don't know if you all "pwn" here, but I think bsftcs just did that to Bungleau
Pardon my ignorance but what does pwn mean?

I've been on this board for quite a while and I've yet to see an insulting remark on this wonderful board. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:48 PM   #22
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Originally posted by SMIV:
Wow...I don't know if you all "pwn" here, but I think bsftcs just did that to Bungleau
Pardon my ignorance but what does pwn mean?

I've been on this board for quite a while and I've yet to see an insulting remark on this wonderful board. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Quoting from somewhere on google:
pwn

to beat very well. to, in a sense, "own" the person because u beat them so bad. to be better at than some one else. to "rule" at everything.

(the English alone makes me cringe! lol)

Nice avatar, Willow! Is that new?

[ 02-01-2004, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:04 PM   #23
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

For the record, I don't view what bsftcs did as anything more than clarifying what I was trying to explain, and pointing out rather gently that the two quest critters I remembered were not the one being asked about.

As has been pointed out, there's no slamming anyone or putting anyone down in here... at least not for long. Anyone who goes overboard is either brought on board or shown the door in one way or another.

There's probably some ego thing in there as well... but I actually don't mind bsftcs correcting me. I posted what I thought (and made sure it sounded unsure), and waited for someone to correct it if needed.

Around here, we're more into gaming computers than gaming people.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:51 AM   #24
SMIV
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm Sorry

This is my formal apology to everyone here on the W&W forums.
I personally apologize to Wyvern and Lord for gettin upset over something so small...won't happen again I give you my word.

I've been playing for the last couple of years online games like Tribes2, Counterstrike, BF1942, and such. I've acquired some rather nasty habits because of (yes i'm blaming them) certain peoples attitude. Now that I'm back to Single-Player games I'll do my best to lose the old FPS lingo.

IN ALL HONESTY THOUGH...I was kinda kidding about the whole
Quote:
because really...constructive criticism is a good thing.

/me steps down off of his soapbox and goes to play some W&W
Old 02-02-2004, 09:19 AM   #25
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You're forgiven.... now go out there and kill something [img]smile.gif[/img] And come on over to the Boogre Bar when you're ready to celebrate it... your first drink is on the house.

I have seen other boards (such as Larian's Divine Divinity board) where one of the favorite games seemed to be "flame the newbie". That kind of atmosphere does not inspire people to stick around for long, or to come back again. I find the atmosphere here to be a lot more fun, even when we're trying to figure out if someone's being nasty (or not).

*B* out...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:19 PM   #26
bsftcs
Red Dragon

To Bungleau and the forum: Absolutely no offence was intended. And luckily, I see, none perceived. I admit I could have phrased it more elegantly. [img]smile.gif[/img]

To Eternal Mat: The reason why the guildkeeper will not acknowledge your having killed Goshin is because the killing of Goshin is not the aim of the quest. You have to deliver the shield that Goshin was carrying to the guildkeeper in order to complete the quest. If you have not picked it up it should still be lying in his pen. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 01:07 PM   #27
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Slightly Off Topic side comment:

It never takes a new poster to our board long to figure out that we're friendly and helpful, that we don't engage in flamewars and no question is consider silly/stupid/redundant/etc. What we've created here is an atmosphere of friendly respect for all who join us. Because there are so many board out there on the web which are just the opposite, we tend to be protective.

It does sometimes take a little while for us regular posters to get to know the newer ones and for them to get to know us. Occasionally we can seemingly get off to a rough start but I hope everyone noted and took pride in how quickly our most recent rough start has been resolved!

Kudos to you all!!

People really do want what we are offering: friendly help! Having found it here, they'll take good care of it just as we all do.

End of side comment, back to the regularly schedule questions and answers.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:45 PM   #28
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Light Bulb

thats the first impression that I got when I first posted here, that this board was very friendly and helpful one of the other boards that I posted on before i found this one there was only like 2 other active people on tha board.

bsfcts I went there recently and it wans't(?) on the ground...I could of sold it in a shop or even dropped it when i was in brimloch but not in a shop, but i noticed when you drop something in a shop it goes into the part where you can buy items. (I may have to check all shops.)

[ 02-02-2004, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: eternal mat ]
Old 02-02-2004, 05:27 PM   #29
bsftcs
Red Dragon

In fact I have for some time suspected that there might be a bug at work concerning the shield. In these two topics (1, 2) former members of the board have been unsuccesful in their attempts to find it. Also there are a few other topics out there that indicate that a bug might be the problem although it is not quite clear in the posts. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 05:45 PM   #30
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oh well i'll have to search the game everywhere then...

i've killed both of the two headed things...the one at the other side of boogre prison and goshin in skull castle

[ 02-02-2004, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: eternal mat ]