Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 04:13 PM   #1
loriluvsxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Any tips on how to defeat her? There are so many giants and
they get me, before I can even think twice about. I need help!!! LOL
thanx in advance!!
loriluvsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 06:10 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Try to take Maiden Ilmadia out first, hope you have an archers to disrupt her spells. Aside from that, have at least two PCs go at her, she is not that good at melee. The giants can reach her "temple" from two different ways, try to have PCs block the passage so you are only face 1 or at most 2 giants at the same time, it usually take the giants a while to get to her "temple" and there should only be about two fire giants around when you finish the dialogue with her. Try to have team efforts, everyone attack one or two targets together, never let any PC chase an enemy, with combine effort, the giants and Maiden Ilmadia are no match for you.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 06:14 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Just a note: she will only initiate dialogue with you when she sees you, play around with the space-bar (i.e. the pause button) to position your party better before talking to her helps a lot too. As soon as you see her, pause the game and have on PC initiate the command to talk with her and move (or assign) your other PCs to the appropriate locations while the game is still paused. When you unpause the game, cancel the command to talk to her and position your remaining PC (preferable next to her for a good hit).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 12:10 AM   #4
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I just finished this fight Oh man was it good! I tought the game was good this pushed it to great. I enter the cave by the giants side and I tell this giant I am gonna kill him then his familly so where in a pitch battle, Giants everywhere my fighter and clerics are sperated and it's everyone for himself. I let my Conjuror flood the place with the cone of cold while my illusionist cast ice rains down on everybody!

My leader makes a hole throught the giant hode he's almost dead, fighting an elven bicth that seem almost invinsible. My fighter is a 1 hp my Conjuror wips out an ice spear at the last second paralising her, there is about 6 fire giants left everyone is wounded the fight can go either way (would I have to reaload so close to victory!!!!) I find one of my clearic in the mellee he's got one last cure medium wounds left he reaches my fighter just in time to save him a fire giant brings him to 1 hp right after the spell was cast my Cojuror and illusionist are finishing of the one giant, my second fighter and the second cleric are in a fight with an other finaly I manage to bring the leader back to 20 hp. after that the three last giants fell like match sticks.
Strahd Von Zarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 08:01 AM   #5
xavierbreth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

here and in Joril's cave i cast domination with my mage and cleric. this way you have a better chance one will work. after that i used the giant to block one of the ways around Ilmadia's tent and put all the pc's blocking the other side. - Xavier
xavierbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 12:20 PM   #6
Lillie
Dungeon Master

What a fight! Here's what worked for me (after 3 or 4 tries ):

1. I picked a fight with the first fire giant I met when I entered the area. This way, my weaker characters were still sheltered in the doorway and didn't get beat on. The other giants (and eventually Ilmadia) started streaming up the walkway to the south of me - perfect positioning for area-of-effect spells.

2. If a giant started to straggle up towards the doorway, and my fighters were too busy, I had my mage cast Chromatic Orb or Icelance to stun the giant in place until it could be attended to more directly.

3. As soon as I saw Ilmadia, I sent my strongest fighter after her, and put an archer on her as well.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Lillie (edited 03-19-2001).]
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 01:22 PM   #7
The Xlord
Dungeon Master

I used magic!!! I took my spell ''man''(Level 19) and blowed her up in the sky with first fire balls and death finger, then she was dead. BOOOOM

------------------
Defender and master of Good archmagic
The Xlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 04:23 PM   #8
loriluvsxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by The Xlord:
I used magic!!! I took my spell ''man''(Level 19) and blowed her up in the sky with first fire balls and death finger, then she was dead. BOOOOM

wow! How did you get up to level 19? I've only gotten my mage up to
level 11.

loriluvsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 04:16 PM   #9
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Maiden Ilmadia is a tough battle. Here's a few strategies.
Help! Giants!: you can run to the right of where you first meet the fire giants and you'll see several bridges. Try fighting the fireginats as they file thru one by one over the bridges.
Hocus Pocus: If you have a mage with two Dimension doors memorized, they can actually teleport out to the molten lava flow making up the southern border of the room. From the lava, you can do anything to the giants and half-elf (they have no missle attacks!) weaken them up good, then bring in the wave of fighters.
Better living thru magic: The quickest I ever resolved this battle was with a Cleric/Mage who was Holy Strengthed, Mirror immage, stone skin, hasted, then Tenser's transformation. it was over so quick, i almost missed the combat... Haste can be real powerful since is doubles everything (even attacks per round)
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 05:43 AM   #10
Erekose
The Magister

I found a fatal flaw in the once elven maiden. Cast cloud kill or whatever that 5th level mage spell is and she dies, but it takes a lot of the fun out of it.
Cheers
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote