Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2004, 02:47 PM   #11
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

If I remember well you can even kill them unarmed.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:34 AM   #12
Mercc
Dungeon Master

I alos believe that impact arrows work. I always have my characters carry and edged weapon and I blunt type weapon. You just never know when you are going to run into some undead...

Mercc
Mercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #13
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy:
quote:
Originally posted by InjaYew:
And I *think* the Lance of Disrupstion wizard spell did some damage.
Not for me. That was one of the first spells my Mages tried. Those golems resisted every bit of magic I threw at them.

-Lem
[/QUOTE]It's been so long now, I don't remember what level my wizard was when I did it. Wonder if it matters that he was a Drow? Knowing me, I was probably throwing the spell and not realizing it wasn't helping...

I misspelled disruption too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:16 AM   #14
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

The first time I met that one, my barbarian simply smashed him to pieces using that flail from Vrassilus. Didn't last long...
Old 07-29-2004, 03:40 PM   #15
Sacred_Exile
Dungeon Master

yeah what you need is a blodgoening attack like a flail or a mace anything with smashing damage and fire work's great for those crytal/ice golem's!
Old 07-31-2004, 09:49 AM   #16
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Impact arrows, my saviours. Unfortunatly, I never found more than about 40 of them.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:41 AM   #17
Carly
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes i found fists and my fire spell from my lvl 17 or higher forgot female wizard dies easy [img]smile.gif[/img]
IceWind Dale 2 Is Cool,Dont be a Fool<br /><br />[url]\"http://members.madasafish.com/~whitewitch/xggallp1_friends.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.madasafish.com/~whitewitch/xggallp1_friends.htm</a>
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:40 AM   #18
AThousandYoung
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am playing with an all caster party that has a rule - no killing with weapons, but only with spells and magical or alchemical items. I tried everything...Melf's Minute Meteors do an insignificant amount of damage, summoned weapons like Spiritual Hammers and Decastave do an insignificant amount of damage, any attack spell cast directly on them is 100% resisted...it sucked. I had to use the falling rock traps to kill the crystals. The Ice Golems are much easier. They aren't immune to slashing and piercing, they just have +10 resistance (as well as +5 bludgeon resistance) so summons work a little, but the real trick is to throw lamp oil at them. One volley of lamp oil will kill an ice golem outright.
AThousandYoung is offline   Reply With Quote