Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2003, 10:24 AM   #11
Sigmar
Unicorn

"That ain't what yo' mumma said last night!" covers a variety of insults

Most of the ones I've seen been used are a bit too vulger to be posted here In my school though everyone is all talk, but very little walk. Its just friendly ribbng most of the time but it does give us an oppertunity to release our pent up anger by attempting to put each other down and swearing at each other. All the fights that take place in my school occur with the 12 to 14 year olds. After that they seem to grow out of it, there hasn't been a fight in my year or the year above for AGES, since before august last year...the younger kidsd I found tend to be more aggresive...I blame professional wrestling
Old 03-11-2003, 11:41 AM   #12
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Take up martial arts, and let people know about it

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
"That ain't what yo' mumma said last night!" covers a variety of insults
[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 12:11 PM   #13
whacky
Emerald Dragon

I really should tell you this that if you start insulting them back there is a good chance that you will become "friends" with them or a part of their group and believe me you will regret that. And the only, and perhaps wonderful, tip i have for a comeback is to say dual meaning things, they embarass the required party without you having broken a school rule [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 01:13 PM   #14
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

What's really funny to do is to agree with everything they say... they won't know what to do then [img]smile.gif[/img]
"You're such a ******* ******* *******!"
"Yup, that's right..."
"Erh, uhm, yeah!.. So... there!.."
Old 03-11-2003, 03:17 PM   #15
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Gnarf:
What's really funny to do is to agree with everything they say... they won't know what to do then [img]smile.gif[/img]
"You're such a ******* ******* *******!"
"Yup, that's right..."
"Erh, uhm, yeah!.. So... there!.."
This is EXACTLY what I used to do in High School.
Girls would call me the B word and I'd reply "Thank You". No one ever knew what to say back to that, it ended it right there.
There were others that were more physical. What I found, since I didn't hit them back I was able to get restraining orders on them. One that I got was on someone who had harrassed me so much that the judge told her if she even verbally threatened me anymore she'd lose custody of her daughter (she had a kid at 14). After that she stayed far away from me. My best advice, don't let yourself sink even below their level by being violent, you'll regret it later in life. Instead reply with comments that they won't know what to say, like above, or learn what your rights are under the law and take them. You'd be surprised how much a visit to a bully's parents from the local police will cause them to find a different target and leave you alone.

Having said all that, I was in 1 fight in high school, but it wasn't my bully. It was this guy that was harrassing my younger brother (who at that time was smaller than me). This guy started pushing my brother once and didn't realize that me and my friends were 10 feet back also walking down the street. I ran up there, pulled him off my brother and popped him in the nose. The kid was so surprised and embarressed about getting hit in the nose by a girl that he did nothing in response. I didn't get in trouble with my parents because I was defending my brother, my brother was estatic to the point that he spent his next 2 therapy sessions doing nothing but raving to his doc about how amazing it was that his big sister beat up the school bully for him (1 punch to the nose, hardly beat up, but hey), and the guy stopped bullying because he got so much flack about getting beat by a girl smaller than him So, get your big sis to beat them up if you have one.

BTW -- No one ever teased my brother about having a girl fight for him either.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:43 PM   #16
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I actually really enjoy sparring with the school bullies verbally. Their favourite "diss" is, "Kyra, get back in your cage", to which the reply is inevitably, "I can't, there ain't enough room for me with your fat ass."
As Sigmar has pointed out, the "pikes" (as those class of kids are nicknamed) live in fear of someone dissing their mother. You'll be astonished how annoyed you can get one by saying, "I did your mum!"
It's quite sad really but when the average insult from their end is, "you're ugly" or "you have no friends", you have no choice but to expose their stupidity.
"You're gay"-either: "At least I can admit it" or "Better than being an unwashed miscreant and heinious cretin such as yourself/ves.
"You (insert swearword here)". I usually just quirk an eyebrow and leave it at that.
"I did your mum/girlfriend"-"Yes, she told me she'd been with a minger recently."
Anything else: just laugh and say, "you retards" through your laughter.

Oh, and scribbling nasty things in the loos is a blast too [img]smile.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:12 PM   #17
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I can't believe what I'm reading here...you should all be ashamed of yourselves! Beating up bully's...
Anyway, I think the best thing is NOT to turn violent. Violence breeds more violence, as the saying goes, so instead just ignore their jeering or reply with some of the suggestions above.
I am really sorry about your getting bullied. Believe me, I know what it's like, and it hurts. I still get some stuff now about me being half-german, but I know it's not true and just ignore it, I have a life which does not involve putting people down for your own pleasure. You have my deepest sympathies, bullying is really a terrible thing. Aren't there any teachers or adults you can go to for help? I find that can work quite well.
Good luck at school, and don't let it put you down! I will pray for you and hope you will make it through! Don't give in to any of their jeering, whatever you do! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 06:06 PM   #18
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

In my school, it's weird actually. I live in a small town of about 400 kids, and the cities next to us have over 1800 kids attending them. It's odd how we act I'll admit, here even friends will joke on each other, but usually if that's the case we're just screwing around. I'll admit, I'm not the violent type, but if it comes down to it, what are you going to do? Only if a fight is inevitable, I'd suggest you either hit them hard in the nose, or hit them in the chest. But in any case, don't kick or hit someone in the privates, it may be considered dirty fighting but people may not look on you very well if you do it.

The only time i'll ever get into a fight is if someone is messing with my friends, if they're in trouble, or if someone does something to embarrass you because unfortunanetly I have been down that road.

Fighting is only the last resort in my book.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:58 PM   #19
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Just chunk a basketball at him when you have the chance, there is nothing more irratating then getting nailed in the head unexpectedly with a basketball.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 03-11-2003, 11:15 PM   #20
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

...And if you don't happen to have one around? [img]tongue.gif[/img]