Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2002, 10:24 PM   #1
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Thanks to Congress most US internet radio stations are in trouble, go here http://www.saveinternetradio.org/ to fing out more.

On a side note, you won't guess what I've seen on sale, I give you a clue it's a book, about at least 100 pages long called.... WHY EVERYONE HATES AMERICA. Now I haven't read it yet, but I sure it going to be interesting.
Old 07-13-2002, 10:28 PM   #2
Melusorick!
The Magister

EVERYONE doesn't hate America. The title is in error. No wonder it's on sale.
Old 07-13-2002, 10:36 PM   #3
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Yes, well amercians don't count
Old 07-13-2002, 10:45 PM   #4
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Who says web casters have to pay the RIAA anything?? Let the RIAA spend thousands to haul you into court , then declare bankrupcy to remove the judgement against your self or the station. You come out on top by not haveing to pay the RIAA one thin dime, by makeing them spend even more money to haul you into court again , AND by takeing a stand others will be encouraged to join you. The RIAA cant sue all of us!!! Let them bankrupt themself with useless litigation.

Oh , and everyone hates Americans because 85% of us suffer from a terminal lack of respect combined with abysmal stupidity and a healthy serving of self importance.

[ 07-13-2002, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]
Old 07-13-2002, 10:50 PM   #5
Melusorick!
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
None of us here (see my other thread) are American. Never did I say Americans. "Everybody" is a strong word, and in this case used in error.

Also, hating war and Georgie Bush, is not the same as hating America.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:05 PM   #6
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

Garg! RIAA does it again. If we give them all they want we'll all end up listening to Britney Spear and friends. Luv, party and your country...
*cold sweats*

Pretty stupid title for your book. I hope you only cited that to show that anti-americanism is moving from the political to the racial field.
My favorite authors writing on and against american policies are all american people. The U.S. are absolutly not as 1-sided as the mainstream medias pretend it to be. Take a look at www.zmag.org, that's a good starting point. mother jones, village voice are two other good sources. worldwatch has long been the locomotive in the ecological debate, mostly in the scientific circles. etc... etc...

Beside, how are european governements better? By hailing the U.S. army efforts to destroy Afganisthan like france just did on the 14th of july? By sheepishly following every order given by Bush junior like the U.K. are doing? Don't blame the U.S. alone for their war crimes and crime against humanity, we all need and benefit from cheap oil and cheap labor.
All the polical parties currently elected have more or less the same view of the world, it's all about who has the guns. The europeans governments are double-faced: pretending at home to oppose the U.S., while getting concessions for their oil barons by backing american
foreign policy. The way the BBC and other british medias are currently speaking of Hussein and Irak is a good example.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:10 PM   #7
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusorick!:
quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
None of us here (see my other thread) are American. Never did I say Americans. "Everybody" is a strong word, and in this case used in error.

Also, hating war and Georgie Bush, is not the same as hating America.
[/QUOTE]I never suggested you were amercian, just that they didn't count. So there [img]tongue.gif[/img]
And you right it, Everyone is wrong, I miss-remembered the name. It is Why people hate Amercia but in my not so humble opinion everyone sounds better.

Quote:
Originally posted by flibulzbuth
Pretty stupid title for your book .
IT NOT MY BOOK!!!!, it one I saw on the new release table of my local Dillions.
Old 07-14-2002, 10:20 PM   #8
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Why people hate Amercia
Well, that's a decent title. Much better than YOUR "why everone hates america". [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Although, when i think back... it's pretty true that the rest of the world hates americans. When in central america, it made a huge difference when i told people that i'm not american. And the best way to befriend people in a cantina is to bitch american foreign policy.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:47 AM   #9
DeSoya
Manshoon

Instead of "Why People Hate America" you should read "Stupid White Men" by Micheal Moore. He's the man. Here's a link to a free online addendum chapter to his book.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-fi...ers/part01.php

Oh yeah... I'm an american and: "I love my country but I hate my Government."

DeSoya
Old 07-15-2002, 10:26 PM   #10
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by DeSoya:
Instead of "Why People Hate America" you should read "Stupid White Men" by Micheal Moore. He's the man. Here's a link to a free online addendum chapter to his book.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-fi...ers/part01.php

Oh yeah... I'm an american and: "I love my country but I hate my Government."

DeSoya
Hey, thanks for the link! That book is a boon in the midst of the "war against terra". This guy's not only funny (in an absolutly SICK way), he's very well documented.