Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 12:21 PM   #281
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Raymond, do you wish to leave this place so soon after having discovered it?
Raymond

"Oh no! I could not fathom just arriving here to be torn away so soon! This paradise is a safe-haven for me, and I am sure I could learn much from here in the ways of druid-lore. I hope TAO would agree. Maybe she will want to stay here, too! That would be okay, right?"
Old 06-20-2002, 01:19 PM   #282
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For TAO and Raymond

The Steeplewood Forest

It is beautiful, this purple flower of glass that glints so merrily in the light of the stars. A thing both beautiful and fragile that must be handled with care and respect as the Way of the Beautiful demands. At a whisper from Iphigenia the movement of the rose is slowed by a warm breeze that meets its flight. Stretching out her hand, she receives its slow descent into her palm. Her eyes gleam in appreciation at the sight and feel of this gift and, turning to the giver, conveys her thanks with a silent smile.

“Of course you are welcome to pass the night with us and to remain as long as you desire.” Her voice is low and direct. “I have heard of one who had been marked by the signs you bear,” she continues, “but such things were told by voices that no longer possess authority or credibility to my hearing. I will not judge you, whether positively or negatively, according to the words of those voices.” She smiles once more, “Your lips, I believe, will tell your tale in a much more accurate manner than those others.”

“The hour is late, however, and this is not a fitting place for the conversation you seek. Come, let me take you to Raymond and we shall all enter the grove.”

ooc: Assuming that TAO follows, the two of them will pass through one of the oak trees and will emerge in the place where Ligeia and Raymond are waiting.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:03 PM   #283
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LILYBLACK (As they disappear, she slowly peeks her head back out. Druids, beyond a doubt. She does not know any of the names, but she stores them away for another day: Tao (She did not catch all of the capitals ), Iphigenia, Raymond. She then in turn disappears into the shadows.

[ 06-20-2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Old 06-20-2002, 02:29 PM   #284
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (He looks sidelong at the majordomo, then bows to the king.) "I know not if it is your Highness's taste to employ incompetent servants, but my Order is that of the Radiant Heart of Lathander, if you please. I have come to inquire after the request from help that you sent to my superiot, Sir Bors. Would you like to tell me about it?"

KING BERESFOR (He glares at the majordomo, who frightenedly scuttles away.) "Yes, I sent to the Order for help, since my incompetent Guard has failed to get results. My poor daughter, Gudrun, was kidnapped on the way to her wedding, by a dragon, and the cheeky beast demands my prize possession, the vase known as Peace of Mind in exchange for it. I want you to kill this dragon and recover my daughter to the arms of her affiaced husband, King Kenelm, of the neighboring realm of Eastumnia."
Old 06-20-2002, 02:40 PM   #285
TAOWolf
White Dragon

Smiling at Iphigenia, she nods assent, quickly donning her gloves as she pulls the hood of her cloak forward, covering her eyes......... "Lead on........"

[ 06-20-2002, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]
Old 06-20-2002, 02:53 PM   #286
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Any characters that enter the Steeplwood need to post to that fact prior to doing anything. Very little will pass unnoticed and the gloamwolves would certainly have not allowed anyone to approach so close to Iphigenia.

For Lilyblack

ooc: Very little goes unnoticed within this forest.

The Steeplewood Forest

There are many senses at work within the wood, senses alert and watchful and protective. There is a shifting within the mist and several large wolves emerge to surround the newcomer who has been spying upon the mistress, their eyes gleaming with hostility and intelligence. A piercing howl splits the night air and other dwellers within the wood begin to move.

ooc: Should she try to escape, the wolves will attack.

The Grove

At the howl, Miriam exchanges glances with Claudia and moves immediately to the basin. Claudia moves to a nearby oak, whispers a word of command and prepares to enter the tree. The notes of warning pierce Ullalume’s slumber as well and the young woman rises from bed.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:57 PM   #287
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

THE ESTATE

Edward and Jacob, the woodcarvers

The nights have seen little sleep but many, many dreams. To dream! To taste the sweet flavor of inspiration and to thirst after more! Other food loses its flavor at times like these and all that matters is the beauty that consumes even as it is savored, the pouring out of life after the call of inspiring beauty. Even the artists are surprised at the level of craft that they have reached as they work this marvelous wood. There will be no rest until the work is finished and the desires of their benefactress are not merely met but surpassed. In their separate work spaces, both men pause and smile thinking a moment as well of what their newly developed talents will produce with the remainder of the ebonwood. They will dream a few moments more and in the strength of their dreams return to their carving.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:10 PM   #288
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For TAO and Lilyblack

ooc: Looks like that trip to the grove will have to wait.

At the sudden emergence of the wolves, Iphigenia looks upward and stops short of entering the tree. “We are being spied upon it would seem.” With a wave of her hand entangling vines fill the area surrounded by the wolves. Stepping forward she intones a spellchant.

ooc: The defenses within the forest involve the closing off of trails. It will be exceedingly difficult for anyone who does not know this forest well to find a way out.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:23 PM   #289
TAOWolf
White Dragon

Upon hearing the warning howls, she gently touches her staff upon the ground, as she throws the hood of her cloak back staring at the intruder with her wolfish silver eyes.

"Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat..." she mutters at the intruder, then removes one glove, showing the palm of her hand towards the woman......

the rune glows an intense blue as flames flicker around her hand, her gaze never wavering from the intruder.......
Old 06-20-2002, 04:33 PM   #290
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Raymond

Raymond sits up and is alert, trying to sort this mess out. He instinctively sniffs the air, but by not being in panther-form, he detects nothing, and is slightly embarrassed for forgetting that. Knowing though that he should keep quiet, he watches and listens, trying to figure out if they were under attack from some strange beast. Out here in this strange wood...who knows what creatures lurk! Yet, he stays in human form, if but a moment longer.
Closed Thread