Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 04:32 AM   #191
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> I've replied Ack, work work and yet more work [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 06:15 AM   #192
Cerek the Barbaric

As Addison sits at the table mulling over the days events, he suddenly becomes aware of Skye's troubled thoughts. She has been so quiet since there battle with Baz'guul that he really hadn't paid much attention to her. He had assumed she just wasn't the type to engage in idle chatter, now he realizes the truth is far more serious.

She has lost her memory and doesn't even know who she is. Her fear and concern that she may never know is growing with each day.

"How could I've been so blind to her troubled mind?" Addison wonders to himself. No matter. His self-chastisement will have to wait. He is aware of her need now and - with evening approaching - now is the best time to attempt to remedy the situation.

He turns to Skye and says "My dear lady, please forgive me. I have heard your troubled thoughts and I apologize for not sensing them sooner. I understand your concern and will do what I can to aid you. My power alone, however, is insufficient for the task. Let us find Kishin and ask his help. The powers of the mind are his specialty. Together, the two of us should be able restore your lost memories and make you whole once more."

As they start to leave for Kishin's room, Addison gives Ni Deng a questioning look, wondering if the 'gardener' will also join them. He then turns back and accompanies Skye to Kishin's room. His mental probe into the room is blocked. Addison worries about disturbing Kishin. He may be involved in something that should not be interrupted...then again, he may just not want to have his sleep disturbed. Well, he will make any apologies necessary if they are called for.

He reaches up and gently raps on the door with his quarterstaff.

OOC>> I'm leaving it up to Kishin to actually restore Skye's memories because I don't have a spell that could do that. Addison will "accompany" Kishin with his ESP to provide what aid he can.
Old 06-14-2002, 09:28 AM   #193
Elif Godson
Dracolich

ooc: I love work, it is so to speak a Royal Pain

ic: As Addison knocks on the door, the sound the staff makes against the wood sounds far away, almost as if it is displaced. "I dont think he's in" Skye say's as she shifts to and fro. "I dont think that is the case my dear, Kishin is probably in meditation, when I try to "see" into his thought's I am blocked, so may hap we shall try back later, be at ease daughter of the east, he out of any of us can help you"

ooc: Kishin is still in trance and will be so until morning, I will post that in a bit, have to get back to work. sorry if this post seems
a bit impromptu (sp ?)

[ 06-14-2002, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Elif Godson ]
Old 06-14-2002, 09:41 AM   #194
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Isaura

She has feasted today. Seldom, in fact has she seen such a feverish spending of self in expressiveness as she has witnessed and savored in the two wood carvers. They stopped for neither rest nor food until well into the night and have only just allowed their spent bodies and minds to surrender to the call of sleep. Melpomene smiles. The time spent in bringing them along slowly in the ways of their gifts was well spent indeed. Such devotion to the bringing of beauty to expression burns within them! ~ Yes, this has been quite a feast of the spirit and it would be a shame to waste the strength it has given me.

She sleeps, the one who has inspired such hate within her. She sleeps and begins to dream. Melpomene smiles but there is no warmth in the upward turning of her lips. None know the movements of dreamers and dreams better than those of her kind and entry into the dreams of a confused and worried mind is easily achieved. She enters not as an outsider but as the speaking of the gathered doubts of Isaura’s heart. She enters as the voice of forgotten pain. She enters as the face of present fears and future sorrow. No, she will not speak herself, she will simply stir the speaking of what already lies within the sleeping Isaura.

Slowly and quietly doubt and fear creeps into the images of her dreams. Artfully they change the tenor of slumbering reflection to the feverish movement of nightmare. Flashes of distant and forgotten hurts thrust aside more gentle emotions. The memory of fists beating her without reason until life flees her body is followed by the newly awakened pain of the crossbow wound and the awareness of the peril those that are with her face simply because of her. A young man flees a table wounded by her words and she sits. Yesterday’s pain flows relentlessly into today’s and the accumulated pain moves relentlessly toward tomorrow. Harsh words about the group. Threats of more violence. A conspicuously empty place at the table. The images and sounds gather force and their diverse voices speak as one. This unified voice erupts suddenly into an angry snarl and from the gathered images emerges the form of a great panther that leaps forward and strikes with brutal speed at her troubled heart.

ooc: This is usually, I believe, the point where the dreamer wakes with a scream ....
Old 06-14-2002, 09:45 AM   #195
Cerek the Barbaric

OOC>> Good Post, Elif. That is exactly how Addison would react.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:07 PM   #196
TAOWolf
White Dragon

As she lays there, a small wind picks up, swirling around her as she changes............

Adjusting her cloak under her, she lays in the grass, her eyes glowing a faint amber, as she picks a single blade of grass, and chews on it thoughtfully, watching below listening to the sounds and voices in the woods.....

The bracer around her neck glows faintly as the wind dies back down, and blue flames softly dance across the runes carved into the palms of her hands.........
Old 06-14-2002, 12:45 PM   #197
mistral4543

Isaura

No!... Leave me alone! ~ Unable to scream facing death itself, she stands immobilised, her hands hanging limply in passivity. The panther leaps, its claws extended and its jaws open, eyes flaring with a ferocity that sends her pulse stopping for a beat. Then the agony sinks in as do its sharp claws...

"Arrghh!!!" ~ She finally finds her voice in the form of a heartwrenching shriek of unbearable pain, she is startled to find herself quite unharmed, facing astounded companions eyeing her with alarm. Her sweaty palms rise to touch her perspiring face. Once again, the world is dancing about her... a world without that terror of her dream.

The panther-man.

You torment me even in your absence... ~ Suddenly feeling utterly wretched and helpless, she looks towards the door ~ And so you will haunt me on, forever... ~ Feeling the eyes upon herself, she half-mutters, half-sobs ~ "Don't mind a hallucinating fool... a fool who deserves no sympathy."
Old 06-14-2002, 01:32 PM   #198
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Waking in from his trance, he looks around slightly
bewildered. I need some rest, but wha time is it? he turns
towards the window's and mentally commands the shutters to open.
ah, it is still night outside, excellent. He close's the shutters, and then checks to see if his barrier is still up and undisturbed.
Probing for the minds of the group he senses several thing's going on
chuckling to himself as he reads Blandamores thought processes [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] he continues on stopping on Isaura's,
she has much need he thinks and for a lost soul she has
some barriers still up. I need to talk with her at length one day soon
and help her troubled soul realise it's potential. Ah I see there
is another amongst us also, even her dreams she is confuse, poor Skye
a poet at heart she dreams of butterflies and flower's
I will speak to her in the morning, I could fix it now but she will
wake very disoriented and even more confused. I must rest. his nose begins bleed in the darkness of his room, the sandlewood
scented air burning at his nostrils. Damnit with all this training I still cannot stop it. Bah death will claim us all eventually
With tha he lays down on the bed and falls fast asleep.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:55 PM   #199
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA (She cannot sleep. Images of every glance that Blandamour and Eliza exchanged, every time they touched each other, oh, so apparently accidentally, the look on their faces, so wrapped up in each other that the others and she might just as well not be in the room, all these go through her mind, chasing each other like dogs chasing their tails. She curses beneath her breath. Why should it matter? But it does. Damn most of all her sister for bringing this hellspawn back to torment her. She must be smiling up from her individual puddle of hot lava. She quite forgets that, had it not been for Eliza, she would be dead by now.)
Old 06-14-2002, 02:30 PM   #200
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- Righty-o then. ^_^ editing as intructed, heheh. Oh, and sorry Elif. I only just realised that I've been spelling Kishin's name wrong.. -_- still thinking along the lines of Kenshin, I guess. ^_^; oh, and tell me if i get a bit carried away in this post, or should change something. ^^

IC-Slightly excited by the fact that she may have her memory returned to her, Skye retired to a room that one of the kind staff of the tavern had given her. As soon as her head hit her pillow, she dreamt troubled and confused dreams..

~She started out in a beautiful meadow, at the height of spring, where she was happily picking flowers as beautiful butterflies glittered like gems falling from the sky. Something felt amiss though, and try as she might Skye was unable to get her dream self do anything else but romp around merrily. Feeling an outside presence join her dream, she felt it stare at her, then leave (Kishin). The season quickly faded into summer, where she was joined by a small wolf cub, which blinked its stunning, all-knowing eyes slowly at her, while a panther looked on in the shadows. As quickly as it turned summer, it changed to Autumn, and the cub and panther were blown away by the strong gusts of wind, while the green faded to black and brown. Skye could feel her dream self becoming uneasy and restless, as it wandered into the nearby forest, leaves falling from the trees like decay. She found herself stopping infront of a ring of three trees. Ash. Oak. Thorn. A leaf from each tree was plucked off by the wind, and they twirled closer to her. Struggling, she tried again to futilely control her dream self, but was unable to stop herself from reaching out a hand and touching the swirling pattern of leaves. The leaves immediately burst into flame, and as she screamed in pain the fire traveled up, snaking about her arm and shoulder. A cold feminine laugh echoed in the dying Autumn wood. "We all die eventually.." another voice whispered, male this time. A name came to memory.. Kishin... then faded as another wave of pain washed over her. Skye was then swallowed up by the bright eyes of a green bird as she fell into darkness..~

As Skye came down to breakfast, she was noticably fidgity and flinched whenever someone came near. Giving everything a wild eyed, sleepless look, she sat down, and picked at her food. After eating a little, she got up, and giving all the decorative plants a wide berth, muttering something about "never looking at trees the same again," she walked up to Sir Blandamour. "Excuse me," she asked timidly. "But I heard that someone is looking for information about something..? I thought perhaps I could be of use, since I'm a bladebard by profession. Um, I think.." she scratched her head, then continued. "I've heard of some districts that are good to visit for information, here in Korup-shun. If someone would inform me of what I should search for, and perhaps have someone accompany me, I will try to help. Preferably someone who, er, knows me." Skye stopped, slightly embarrassed at her inability to remember anything.

[ 06-14-2002, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Closed Thread