Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 12:17 AM   #121
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Addison sat quietly at the table, finishing the last of his breakfast. Ni Deng, Skye, and Kishin sat with him while Sir Blandamour and his squire occupied the next table over.

Addison casually scanned the minds of his comrades and the other patrons in the tavern with his ESP spell, trying to glean any useful information - and keeping alert for any lurking enemies. He had noticed Ni Deng's mental barrier right away and knew that his spell would probably not be able to penetrate it, so he didn't try. He felt similar interference from Kishin, but the defenses were not complete. Apparantly, Kishin was willing to allow the mage limited access to his thoughts.

Addison had also "eavesdropped" on Galadria's conversation with the constable. While he didn't "hear" the entire conversation, he was able to understand the main emphasis. Because of this, he had decided to "monitor" the Lady and her new charge when they left the tavern. It stood to reason that there was at least one powerful enemy (and maybe many more) within the town that would be monitoring their movements. It would be almost impossible to detect them ahead of time, so the next best option was to keep tabs on his fellow party members.

Thus, he was aware of the attack on Isaura almost before she was. He silently berated himself for not sending Skrith (his pet dragon) along to keep an eye on them. Perhaps he could have prevented the attack, or at least spotted the assailant. He corrects that oversight now and instructs Skrith to watch over the two ladies until the rest of the group can locate them.

He rises from the table and informs the others of what has transpired.

"We are needed, my friends. Isaura has been struck down in an alley and the Lady Galadria stands alone against unseen assailants."

Sir Blandamour is quick to respond, as are the others. As they exit the tavern, he asks which direction the ladies are in. Addison explains where they are located and begins moving in that direction.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:19 AM   #122
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Nice Cerek! - Blandamour and Eliza are already on the scene, however.

What is the effective range of this ESP ability?
Old 06-10-2002, 12:37 AM   #123
mistral4543

OOC>>> Nah... my characters can't be too weak or nobody'll value them [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] So, she's out stone cold but not dead [img]tongue.gif[/img]

IC>>>
At the sound to shuffling feet and wooden chairs screeching against the dusty floor, he peeks at the strange band which has arisen and is making its way outside.

Another attack?

At least, he is not the target for now. Glancing around, he catches the speculative looks cast in his direction. Never has he felt so vulnerable as now. Getting up, he moves quickly towards the front door, aiming to make a run for it in the midst of the commotion.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:45 AM   #124
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Is he running from my girls????? [I thought Ligeia killed that guy]

Post in progress.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:08 AM   #125
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>> He's reacting instincively. A member of his party is down from a single bolt, he suspects poison, so that's what he casts. IC>>
SIR BLANDAMOUR (He watches as the girls disappear in pursuit, and stands straddling Isaura, his great sword out and at the ready. The streets echo with distant thunder as he has called the great warhorse, Shaitann, to his aid. A few minutes and the giant black horse has appeared and stands ready, hooves glistening. B. does not mount him, though, and still guards Isaura, who seems to be rousing.)
Old 06-10-2002, 01:22 AM   #126
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (She runs, at her Lord's command, in the direction from which the bolt came. She laughs as she hears Galadria cursing as she throws aside boxes and trashcans, searching for the assassin. Nimbly she steps on top of the debris until she suddenly turns a corner to see another Pit dweller aiming a crossbow. Thinking at once that it was aimed at her dear Lord, she strikes like a snake, her sword entering the left eye and penetrating the brain case, killing the man at once. She murmurs, "So perish all of the enemies of the Order of the Radiant Heart of Lathander," but she spins about as she says it, her shield raised. No further attacks come, so she brusquely searches the body. What have we here? she thinks. More leaves. She pockets them and runs back to her Lord, laying the crossbow and bolts at his feet.)
Old 06-10-2002, 02:25 AM   #127
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

THE PIT

I

The drama of the disturbance plays out as it always does. The concern for the victim. The looking about for signs of the assailant. The confusion. The opportunistic hands that suddenly grasp the other victim.

“Joseph, Joseph, Joseph,” the voice hisses in his ear. “You sell out your own for a bit of outsider coin!” His protest is cut short by a piece of cloth shoved into his mouth. His body will be found when a nearby tavern opens for business the following morning, the paladin’s coin where his tongue had once been.

The Pit is a place of eyes, eyes that witnessed an intimidating visit by a well armed band of outsiders, eyes that witnessed a strike upon a member of the group and eyes that have witnessed as well the killing of a fellow Pitter in arbitrary retribution. **

“She butchered him!”

“Just cut the man right down!”

“Called him an enemy of some Order of some sort of Heart, she did. Then she killed him!”

“No, fool! She killed him first!”

“Does it even matter when she said it???? She killed the man!”

"Enemy my arse! That was McKenzie she slaughtered!"

“Murderer!”

“Help! Murderer!”

The cries ring out among the bystanders, hands reach for weapons and accusing fingers point at Eliza. A riot is on the verge of breaking out.

He smiles. One can never predict the enthusiastic response and it is therefore a delight when one receives it. Escape is effortless in th ewake of such confusion and tongues will be very reluctant to disclose anything. It has been a very productive morning. And perhaps the Constable will now pay for his support of the outsider. Yes, a remarkably productive morning.

** This is a telling from the viewing perspective of the Pitters. Whatever anyone else claims, this is what they 'see.'

[ 06-10-2002, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 06-10-2002, 07:42 AM   #128
Cerek the Barbaric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyril Darkcloud:
ooc: Nice Cerek! - Blandamour and Eliza are already on the scene, however.

What is the effective range of this ESP ability?
OOC>> Sorry about that. We obviously made simultaneous posts. Also, I didn't realize that Blandamour and Elize had left the tavern with Galadria and Eliza, so I assumed they were still with us.

My ESP spell is simply a 5th level version of the standard spell. The biggest difference is the duration. Mine lasts 1hr per level instead of 1 turn. So it is basically in effect for half a day.

The range is basically the same as the 2nd level spell. It couldn't detect any enemies at the distance Galadria was away, so I cheated a little and determined that I could follow familiar thought patterns (ie group members). This will not alert me to an attack ahead of time (which it would have if I had been there), but it will let me know when a party member is in danger.

I'll PM you with some more specifics once I have a chance to look over the spell more closely.

IC>> Addison and his companions arrive at the alley to find the paladins being slowly surrounded by an angry mob.

He turns to Ni Deng, Kishin, and Skye. "Our friends seem to have gotten themselves in a serious spot. We must consider our own actions carefully. If we try to "break through the ranks" to rescue them, we will also be targeted by the mob. Right now, they do not seem to be interested in us and it may be best to keep it that way. I will am going to survey the scene from the rooftops, to get a better perspective."

He then looks to Ni Deng and Kishin "If either of you are able to calm the crowd through you mental discipline, that would certainly prevent this from escalating into a very nasty scene."

Addison then slips into another nearby alley and casts Invisibility and Fly. He then slowly rises to towards the roof of the nearest building, probing ahead with his ESP spell to make sure there are no hidden enemies on this roof.

OOC>> I assume Addison just ran across the street and down one alley. If the nearest rooftop is clear, he will try to advance to the roof of a building that forms the alley in which the paladins are trapped. I'm trying to determine how large and spread out this crowd is before taking any action. I have a plan, but it will require some RECON first.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:25 AM   #129
mistral4543

OOC>>> I am still waiting for the effects of the poison which Cyril will reveal

He reaches the door, his frantic eyes scanning the horizon. The sickening feeling of being watched almost paralyses him as he senses the movements behind innocuous-looking crates and boxes. Once they had been his allies... but now... by a cynical twist of fate, they are his enemies.

Should I approach this group? That would mean revealing my actions... actions that will invite censure and despise... I will be exposed, and for what? ~ Gulping, he now reaches the upright figure
(OOC>>> Blandamour) and gazes upon the ashen-faced girl ~ She's lucky for the moment... but death would probably be the preferable option...

Shrugging, he inches his way behind the two of them ~ They seem skilled... ~ Railing at himself for his indecision. Beads of perspiration form on the temples of his head and he glances about uncertainly.

[ 06-10-2002, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 06-10-2002, 09:04 AM   #130
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA (She stands back to back with Blandamour, covering Isaura's body as she slowly revives. Eliza slips in with them and they stand against the mob. She laughs aloud, a terrible sound, for it means that the Foebane blood has arisen. One shabblily dressed man, more bold than the rest, darts in waving a butcher's cleaver, and she strikes quickly with the enchanted sword, lopping his head neatly off. It flies through the air, striking a woman on the face as she brandishes a knife. She shreiks and runs back through the ranks of the mob, making some hesitate. Seeing the mob pauseshe takes a step forward and slashes another across the face. she screams and runs away, also. An enormous revulsion of feeling runs through the crowd. Several on the outskirts run away without really knowing why.)
Closed Thread