Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 09:50 AM   #101
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC> Pretty, Mistral. Your own? IC>
SIR BLANDAMOUR (Frowns) "Why, Eliza, I believe those are the emblems of the Shadow Druids. Galadria and I have fought them and I know that she hates them, for they tormented a friend of hers. Killed him, I believe, eventually. Anywhere there is shapechanging, she is suspicious that they are involved. But what these leaves signify, or what powers they might bear, I have no idea."
Old 06-09-2002, 10:12 AM   #102
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorsha

She rests against the elven ranger, her heart quivering with unspoken joy ~ "Y... you liked it?" ~ Whispering, she speaks rather dreamily ~ "I know of many more songs like this, Legolas." ~ Feeling her cheeks turning hot ~ "Songs sung to me many years back... I thought you'd find me... well... childish." ~ Her eyelids half-closing, she mutters on ~ "You'll wake me up in 4 hours, won't you? I want to do my part..." ~ Shaking off drowsiness as hard as she can ~ "In the meantime, I'll... entertain you...a bit more..."

Glorious moon, you shine so bright
Pure and gleaming, brilliant light
Hold us in your arms with love
Bless us all, O dearest dove

Wield your power ever more
Smite all evil, banish gore
Sing a song of joy and peace
Godly anger you appease

Press your warm lips on us all
Soothe the bitter wounds and gall
Touch of steel, but gentle doe
All abide you, friend or foe.

As the last words are sung, she murmurs ~ "4 hours from now, Legolas..." ~ Then gives in to fatigue and falls fast asleep.

[ 06-09-2002, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 06-09-2002, 10:34 AM   #103
mistral4543

OOC>>> Thanks, Attalus [img]smile.gif[/img] I kind of get these unexplainable spells of wanting to write rhyming poetry [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

IC>>>
Isaura

She shudders at Galadria's words, her mind already conjuring images of corpses with maggots and all kinds of filthy scum eating away the rotting flesh, and the bones turning to ashes at an unnatural speed.

Feeling goose pimples forming on her arms, she rubs them nervously, peering around at the others for their reactions.
Old 06-09-2002, 11:10 AM   #104
mistral4543

OOC>>> Anybody forgot him?

IC>>>
His lungs nearly exploding from the prolonged sprint, he feels the incessant hammering on his head even as he pushes terror to the back of his mind. Dashing... no, a half-hearted trot now - I swear I'll die if even try to run anymore... - he finally halts in his path, uncertainly.

All around is pitch darkness. The occasional squeak had sent him jumping with fright, but now... he cries out as he feels the sharp teeth sinking onto his leg, and strikes out blindly. It is a hairy rodent, no doubt - and for that, he must be relieved. He takes a deep breath, then another, commencing on his cautious trudging again. Trying to blot out further thought, he recognises the futility of this attempt, yet dragging his tormented feet along this unknown journey.

Parched throat aching for a drop of fluid, he hurries on now, breaking into a feeble sprint, until...

"Oomph!" ~ Moaning as he rubs his nose, then his forehead, he feels the lump forming rapidly. Bending down, he breathes heavily, rubbing the other sores from the impact with the solid door. Beyond the door are the familiar sounds of chatter, hollering and raucous laughter.

His spirits rejuvenated to the peak of delirium, he fumbles about for the doorknob and locates it after ten seconds. With greater impatience, he turns it and flings the door open, stumbling into the tavern with animated countenance.

"Praise be to our God who watches over us!" ~ Then falls silent, wishing to death that he had held his tongue. For now, anyone among this seemingly harmless crowd - a crowd he has often been used to mingling with - could be one of them.

No... I cannot go out there now... ~ Realising that in fact, he is far from being safe even now, he feels panic surging in his blood once again. Staggering now to an empty seat, he waves aside the attendant and buries his head in his arms, praying that none will notice him...
Old 06-09-2002, 12:53 PM   #105
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

THE ESTATE

The aspect of Cora once again taken up, she smiles. Under Iphigenia’s direction the ebonwood has been divided among the artists. There is more than enough for each of them to produce several fine pieces of work even after finishing their commissions for her. “Much love goes into the raising of such a tree,” one of the artists had said. Her smile darkens at the memory of those words ~ He had very little idea how accurate that statement was. ~ Still, it will not be long and the woman will be destroyed, along with any foolish enough to remain by her side. “Shadow druids! Such imaginations they seem to possess!” Her laughter fills the chamber as she recalls the grimace upon Miriam’s face as she reported those words. “Why I would imagine Ligeia simply screamed when she was told! Let them think what they will, even the few bold enough to spread their rumors know precious little of whom they speak. But enough of that little group, there is another that requires my attentions .....”

ooc: Mistral - After such creativity, the very least I could do is introduce a new creature to show my appreciation [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

The Steeplewood Forest

A whitish gray mist has settled among the trees. It gathers and softens the moonlight as it drifts slowly upon the breezes. Taken by the song a very small part of that mist thickens and dissociates itself from the rest and a wolf cub steps boldly near the elf and the one who has just fallen asleep after singing. Its intelligent eyes shine with curiosity and it barks playfully. A low maternal growl sounds from elsewhere within the mist and the pup rushes away after the sound, its form taking on the aspect of mist as it does so.

[ 06-09-2002, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 06-09-2002, 02:43 PM   #106
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA (When everyone has eaten, she rises from the table and takes Isaura back to the alley where the killing and resurrection took place. Nothing remained, not even to a drop of blood. After poking around a bit, she sees a ragged man walk unsteadily through the alley, about to enter a doorway.) "You, there, did you see a fight here between some men and a single woman?" The man looks at her with some alarm, as she is taller than he, and armed to boot.)

BUM "Why, yes, milady, and I seen you there, too. All of a suddent, you came chargin' down on them, knockin' them about." (Laughs wheezily) " I didn't half laugh when you knocked that Jimmy sparwlin'. He was up and runnin' away before he even hit the ground."

LADY GALADRIA "Wait a bit. Do you men to tell me that you knew some of theses men, and that one of them that you knew escaped?"

BUM "Yes, indeedy, milady. It were that Jimmy, as I were sayin'. He works ower there." (He indicates a building)

LADY GALADRIA "Thank you very much, sirrah, you have aided the cause of Justice this day." (she slips him a coin.)
Old 06-09-2002, 03:41 PM   #107
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

The sky is still dark when he decides to wake Sorsha. It has been closer to five hours than four, but he could not bring himself to disturb her peaceful sleep earlier.

Once, not long after she had first fallen asleep, a wolf cub appeared to boldly look at the two of them before bounding off into the night. He had been tempted to call out after it in the limited wolfspeech he knew and had once used to call his friend Rrang to watch over Sorsha, but the elf feared that would only wake his love. So he had remained still, staring out into the shadows of the forest as it tried to lull him to sleep.
Aided by the pleasant warmth of Sorsha's body, it had almost succeeded on more than one occasion.

With the sky slowly starting to turn from black to a dark grey, the ranger knows that he has to wake her up. Not only because she specifically asked for four hours, but also because his arm and shoulder are stiff from being in the same position for most of the night. He couldn't very well protect her if he was unable to shoot an arrow.

"Time to wake, Sorsha," he whispers in her ear, his free hand combing back some of her hair. "Four hours have passed."
Old 06-09-2002, 06:04 PM   #108
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Nice post, Galadria Jimmy's very low on the totem poll - don't expect much more than vague information from him and nothing that directly concerns the women.

I'm assuming that it's just the Lady Galadria and Isaura in the alley. Someone please let me know if that is not the case.

BTW - Mistral - How well have Isaura's reflexes recovered from the recent trauma? I'm feeling a little bloodthirsty [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2002, 06:51 PM   #109
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC> No, Blandamour and Eliza are there. IC>>
SIR BLANDAMOUR "Good work, Galadria! Now, we need to track down this Jimmy and see what it is that he knows."
Old 06-09-2002, 07:37 PM   #110
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>I suppose I don't have much to post at the moment, unless confronted by someone. So, I will be content on chasing wabbits.
Closed Thread