Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2003, 03:46 PM   #31
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Bullying.... It makes me sick, very sick. I hate seeing it in the world, just because someone isn't cool, someone isn't smart, someone doesn't have good clothes, what they like, their lifestyle. It's all wrong, but what makes me just as sick is that no one does anything about it. The normal advice "Just ignore them and when they see it doesn't bother you." doesn't cut it for some bullies. It's not as easy to ignore bullies as some people think. If what the bullies say about you doesn't do anything, they start saying stuff about family, which isn't easy to ignore. A bully was on my bus one time and right when I was stepping off the bus he yells "I hope your mom dies Andrew!". I was ticked. I wanted to jump right back on the bus and slam my fist into his chubby face, but I didn't have time to. Later that night I get on AIM and he starts talking to me. He starts cussing me out and calling me gay and stuff like that. I was invited into a chat room alot of my friends were in and we started talking, then this bully is invited and starts making fun of me again. That's when I try to beat him at his own game. I threw out every cruel insult I had. He didn't bother me for about a week. School really should be doing more about bullies. My school had some rules on it saying that bullying will not be tolerated and will be taken care of immediatly. I never saw any teacher do anything about it. One teacher actually enforced this rule though. Whenever someone in her class got made fun of, she took action and sent the bully to the office with out the victim even having to do anything. She was probably one of my favorite teachers. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Bullying doesn't just take place in schools though. Out of school bullying is just as bad and sometimes worse. What also sickens me is that some kids just sit back and WATCH. They don't help the victim or anything. If others would just help then maybe some people could be helped.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-06-2003, 05:12 PM   #32
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well...there's the article...and what's worse, he was made fun of for actually being clever. He was perfectly normal, was offered help, but to no avail. Man, that could have been my sister two years ago. Grr...it really works me up. I really, really hope the bullies themselves realise what they've done. If not, someone should tell them. In the bluntest way possible.