Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2001, 04:52 PM   #1
kiawe177

well, ive been reading forums that said something about romances in the game, i was just wondering how do you get or start a romance with someone?

and also is the Thief ability move silently really important? what is it for?
thanx

Old 02-24-2001, 04:57 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Without giving the fun out of discovering for yourself, I can say that if you answer all questions that the girls (in your party) ask, then eventually one or more will become sweet to you. And if you do good deeds that impress them, they will let you know it, and the friendship builds from there. It is relativley easy...just let the game play out it's course, and you'll soon have more love trouble on your hands than you can deal with.
Old 02-24-2001, 04:59 PM   #3
Stealth Bomber

SLIGHT SPOILER
A male character can have a romance with either Aerie, Jaheira or Viconia, providing he treats them well and answers there comments correctly. It takes a long time with the last 2, well into the second part of the came. Aerie is quicker, but don't be too quick. You will see what I mean if your romance flourishes. The romances start by them talking to you during the game and progress in the same way. ie you don't have to do anything other than have them in the party and talk to them until much later.

If your playing a female then its Anomen or no-one, preferably the latter

Old 03-01-2001, 09:54 AM   #4
wrgrey
Welcomed New User

I wouldn't mind a bit of a spoiler on the Aerie romance for next time. This time, it's over, and I could have improved it a bit by changing my response in the next-to-last conversation.

However, if I go after Aerie in another game, is there a method to slow her down? I often worried about choosing any non-full-speed answers for fear of putting her off
entirely. Or, do I just have to make the
right choice in the end?

(Hm.. I discouraged Jaheira fairly quickly, because I wanted Aerie to win [kind of reminded me of FF7 dates :], should I keep her going to slow down Aerie?)
Old 03-01-2001, 02:44 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

For Aerie, just try to be nice as humanly possible. There are several talks that can end the relationship, just be nice.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!