Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2001, 07:47 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Looks a good site, Sebastian looks a fine catch, with shared interests etc.

Listened to a few samples, would've liked to have heard more of the songs as they sounded like tunes that took a little while to develop with good dynamics and emotional journeys.

Sebs parts all seemed pretty cool, right on the money, nice hats work in a couple of the tunes. He's into computers and is credited with acoustic AND electric drums, does this mean he programs rhythms/loops etc as well?

If so he reminds me of the drummer of the band Vertigo I was in a few years back. He was into literature, poetry etc, wrote a lot of lyrics and music and did the majority of the loops/drum programming. Top guy. Pity things went the way they did.....

The overall sound was pretty polished, all the levels seemed o.k. and the sounds were captured cleanly and then balanced well, so the production seemed pretty good. There were some good guitar parts in the little I heard as well.

I noticed the site said Mike had left?????? What's happening in that regard (or did I get it wrong).

Overall it reminded me a little of a Sydney band called Scarey Mother, or perhaps a 'wetter' (large reverbs, less organic sounds) Tea Party.

I liked the site, suited the music and looked darkly classy. The sites piano piece adds a haunting element to the visit too.

Old 02-27-2001, 08:06 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yorick - strange to see you here this time of night. Guess what I'm listening to right at this moment? I have the house to myself and my 4 foot speakers on both sides of me a foot away! You sound good with surround sound!
Old 02-27-2001, 08:11 PM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

LOL. Surround! Well, you're a brave woman to listen to music in surround!!!!!
Glad to know it sounds good Ladywendy Wow!
Hey how did the whole house thing go? Sold?
Old 02-27-2001, 08:40 PM   #4
Ladyzekke

Yorick - what do you mean by "brave"? Surround is the only way to go brother!! BTW, love that instrumental piece! Funny, I'm now talking to Yorick and also listening to him! Small world, eh? House thing? Stress city, sorry don't want to talk about it (this is now my "get away from it all" time!

Moraine - is she still concious? You have lovely handwriting, you are a left paw aren't you?
Old 02-27-2001, 08:46 PM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Nope, she's in the land of nod with Luc. Actualy I should get off the net before I use up her account (oops)
Glad you're enjoying Wendy, I like immersing myself in the music I'm creating. We mixed 'Intrumental' practically in the dark and quite loudly.
Old 02-27-2001, 09:13 PM   #6
Ladyzekke

Ok Yorick - sweet dreams and all that! Hey let me know if yall are going to take pictures of you and Moiraine et al together. You should, and then post them on Stealth's site. Sorry, but I'm becoming the "photo rallyer" now that I'm sending in my pic! Watch, I'm going to be on everyone to send in their photos! HEHE!
Old 02-27-2001, 11:28 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wendy: At least you sent yours! That will start them rolling in, you watch...now for Wolfgir!
And yes, Yorick it would be lovely to have one of you and Moiraine together.

Funny, I listen to your music while doing email and cruising the forum! My cats still want to be in your fan club, Hugh!

Cloudy
Old 02-28-2001, 02:42 AM   #8
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Where is the pic on Ladyz?? Won´t believe until I have seen it!!