Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2002, 11:02 AM   #1
xanderwatts
The Magister

I think I heard, a while ago now, that some people were going to use the Neverwinter Nights editor to recreate the Baldur's Gate story. Is this true or just rumour?
I don't have the game yet, because I doubt my computer could run it, but is it worth investing in more RAM/a better video card etc in order to play the game?
Old 08-05-2002, 12:56 AM   #2
Darkman

I wouldn't recommend upgrading your system *just* to play NWN. Sure it's a good game, but not good enough to warrant all that extra spending. Now if you're finding that there's more and more games that you'd like to play but you're not sure if your computer can handle them, then you should maybe consider doing some ugrading.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:03 AM   #3
Hesperex

I would have to disagree with that, I belive NWN is good enough to warrent an upgrade if necessary. You can do it cheaply enough now anyway and will benefit more than just NWN.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:54 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

If your PC cannot handle NWN, there will be more games released soon of equal or greater power that you will not be able to play as well. NWN is only the beginning. Go ahead and upgrade, because the reason you are here in the first place is because you love games. Well, you will love NWN! I love the toolset that lets you build your own games. You can make monsters friendly to you, or even talk to you. You can program them to do anything you want! You can create crypts or castles, or forests, then e-mail the game to a friend to play. There are so many possibilities with NWN, and it will keep growing. Just like the ox says, Endless adventures, One game.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:23 PM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

The number of modules that will soon be coming out for NWN make upgrading worth while. NWN is not one of those play once games, the community is growing rapidly, and soon there will be multiple 40-50 hours campaign modules, many available for free.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:41 AM   #6
Exodus Entreri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i upgraded ram just for this game, same as i did for baldurs gate, and for throne of bhall back in the day, its worth it, its forgotten realms!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:41 AM   #7
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I have been going online and playing some of the servers that are available. Although there are a few that aren't worth your time (you can tell after a few minutes), there are some that are totally awesome. They draw you in story wise for those that want the story and I have found some good hack -n- slash. If you like hacked characters and want to see how they work, there's even some of that out there (I just tried one yesterday by accident, and the DM raised my level on the fly up to 20th - he also gave me a god-smack weapon and I was whaling away with it - 61th level longsword that does about 50 hp - 140 hp of damage per hit). We fought some dragons (3 ancient red, 1 ancient blue, 1 ancient green). I tried To Heir Is Human and that seemed pretty cool too (but kinda short). Overall I've had better experiences with these games. Sometimes I may not have a lot of time to play and online is the best way to go as it's more of a diversion. There are some good players out there and there are some bad players. Overall, the DM's are the best. I kept dying a lot in one spot and the DM came into the game and "possessed" a boss and helped me to get past it. He joined for awhile until he figured I would be ok (he didn't up my level or give me items, just joined in as a NPC until I got past the hardest part - I was like 5th level and his campaign was around 11th or higher). It was really cool. I'm glad I bought NWN. It's been great so far.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:42 AM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Upgrade your PC, but upgrade it for Morrowind instead. Personally I find it dissapointing that this is all they've accomplished after working on it for so long. It's nothing special in my opinion.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 10:01 AM   #9
DraconisRex

I built a new PC in May to play Morrowind. Great game. I would have built a new PC to play this game, too, had it come out first.

The truth is, that if you don't upgrade, you'll be stuck playing super crappy 2D games, like "Barbie's Riding Club," because the new games just won't run on your computer. So it's your choice. Listen to Barbie's insipid voice, "Go right to get to rabbit run" or dominate the universe.

Oh, and get Morrowind, too. It is incredible. Though it too, needs some work.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote